Regarding this tension in the air...

Started by AlDeezy, 2013 May 27, 20:25:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

CyanideInsanity

Since the mascot, Ellowee, was brought up, I'd like to say that I find it ironic. Its an icon that appears, to me at least, to have, or is  developing, a personality. This notion, in my opinion, is contradictory of what I've grown to understand about this game.

From what I came to understand, its supposed to be about us; about all of us, as players of the game. Just my thoughts on the matter. Is it for bad or good? I couldn't tell you. I'm pretty much indifferent to the idea, just thinking about its irony.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Blues-Music

Quote from: Albino on 2013 May 30, 16:34:14
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 May 30, 10:12:43
I'd also like to point out how many team members are straying away from this topic. We are constantly told they aren't straying away from anything , but the second people start talking about this they keep posting unrelated pictures , and videos thinking that would change the topic. So why not just stop running away , and come say something? I promise we won't bite.

I can't speak for the others, but the reason *I* am posting pony pictures is because this is supposed to be a place to have fun, not pour fuel on a fire.  >:/ If you want this place to get happier and more tolerant, BE happier and more tolerant. In other words, keep calm and pony on.

I was talking about some team members. Not you. Besides you (This applies to everyone who follows love , and tolerance) need to stop the whole "Act as weak as possible , and let people walk over you." thing. We know not to constantly start fights , but that doesn't mean we have to become doormats.

Now I'm going to go with Tiger on this one.

Screw it.

We ask for info , and reasons , and without answer. No proof that there has been any progress on the game. The whole Swebow , and Dandy thing show how unfair the team leaders are. I'm staying on the forums , but right now I hate most of the team (Not all. Tekner just because I argued with you doesn't mean I hate you. In fact i'm glad you gave us some information , or at least tried to.) I also barely care about the game. Right now I'm only here for the community.

Tekner

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 May 31, 14:43:18
We ask for info , and reasons , and without answer. No proof that there has been any progress on the game. The whole Swebow , and Dandy thing show how unfair the team leaders are. I'm staying on the forums , but right now I hate most of the team (Not all. Tekner just because I argued with you doesn't mean I hate you. In fact i'm glad you gave us some information , or at least tried to.) I also barely care about the game. Right now I'm only here for the community.
That's your choice. I'm sorry you don't like the answers we gave you, but we did answer everything you asked save for a few which will answer themselves in due time.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 May 31, 15:07:49
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 May 31, 14:43:18
That's your choice. I'm sorry you don't like the answers we gave you, but we did answer everything you asked save for a few which will answer themselves in due time.
Great. You're acting so polite it's making me feel bad.

GalvinRoe

2013 May 31, 19:49:35 #85 Last Edit: 2013 May 31, 20:43:26 by GalvinRoe
   It's about time to make a plea to the community. Quite a bit has happened and the fact of the matter is: it happened. Something along these lines was bound to happen at one point or another, and as far as I'm concerned it will be one of the first real challenges towards the members on this forum.

Now it might and probably isn't the first or largest problem the TEAM has faced but that's far beyond the point. The point is, it's time for us to put our values to the test.

The community here has been wonderful and caring, supportive and stimulating. We've also been argumentative, stubborn and irritable but we've always been able to tolerate and even respect others' opinions; recently the community has begun to dissolve it's core values, as several members have already pointed out in this thread. This was to be expected, the constant shifting of human behavior dictates that this would be challenged at one point or another, but because of it we have to make a choice.

It's time for the community to take a more active role in upholding this morality ponies/bronies hold as the heart-stone for our community. The problem here isn't this one visible instance of dramatic tension, our problem is the survival of the values we've chosen to incorporate into each and every one of ourselves. Now we have to decide if we want to take a slightly more difficult road to uphold these standards: A touch more discipline in everything we do, a thought about every word we are saying. A more active role in this community, to share and care about thoughts coming from everyone else, even non-ponies.

This doesn't mean holding back your opinions, but it does mean thinking about them and giving those opinions of yours a chance to be wrong. After-all we are all 'wrong' at one part of the day or another and the beautiful thing about life is there are so many answers to various questions.

Now, personally, I have never had any interest in this game, I've been here to learn and maybe even teach others here. Make friends and understand life through different eyes. But for those who DO care about the game, perhaps it's time to be more active in interacting with the team-members. At first, I'm sure, this will be a larger distraction then help, and those who move to be more active in that sense cannot expect to receive every single detail of information. But, as time goes on and a new system is established, I believe this to be the most efficient and inspiring move.

With the assistance/guidance of the community this project could really become something. I'm not suggesting direct acceptance from team-members about every single person's opinions. I'm suggesting a more open attitude towards the community. Perhaps this disappearance of members didn't seem like much to the team but I do believe the details should have been announced immediately.  The fact is statements were made in the end and perhaps the team will be more forthcoming in the future, but if they are not, that is why the community is here.

Now, I believe it is time to really help bring this community to it's golden age. I'll leave that thought with you, my friends. But I do hope you will join me, there is so much we could improve about ourselves and the community, I think it's time to start striving for it.

McSleuthburger

ok now that mostly everything has been cleared up and answered
I'm going to lock this up
Any questions or concerns pm me
thanks
McSleuth
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up