How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aphex93

This topic has probably already been put somewhere but whatever, I always find these stories pretty interesting :)

For me my friend Danielle decided she wanted to stream some stuff so a few of us went on her channel and she was like "oh lets watch ponies" and put on the first episode. I was pretty skeptical of the whole thing and pretty confused. By the time the second episode finished I was actally enjoying it. Some other people were asking her to do a few more before she went to bed and I was just sitting there silently like "...yeah one more would be cool." now I'm a lot more open about it but then I still was only a secret brony haha

Chishio Kunrin

I was really bored one day, and I started thinking about all the pony meme stuff. I wondered what the big deal was about, since I thought it was really weird for all these teens to be so into the show. So I watched the first two episodes, then watched the third... and then the fourth... and then the fifth... and that's how Equestria was made.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zygrograxgra

Sister told me about it.
Older sister.
I was all like "Might as well try it."
First episode: This is decent
Second episode: Still decent.
Third episode: MOAR

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Mr.Darkling

I gave in to curiosity after it kept popping up everywhere on the internet.
It took a lot, considering I have grown up to simply disliking MLP as a whole due to whole the expectations of "being a man."
Expectations that are finally beginning to crumble in this day and age thanks to open minds.

I sat down one night and watched episode 1 and before I knew it, I was on episode 7 and was thinking "oh my  ovO"
That was pretty much it really; I still dislike the MLP theme a lot though.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Malkies

"Why are there ponies everywhere?"
Then I watched the first episode on Youtube.
Then the second.
Then the third.
Then the rest of them over the span of about 2 days. It was awesome. :D

Night Pony

I started to noticed ponies popping up here and there and they were cool.So one day when a friend was coming over we decided to watch the first episode because the stuff we usually saw with ponies was good.So we watched the first two episodes while laughing all the time.The rest is history.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

S_E_F

weird friend: YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS!!! O:
me: umm okay...

falls in love with show*

normal friend: have you heard of these bronies? guys who watch mlp?
me: huh.. weird  :s

inspects community*

me: THIS IS AMAZING
I'm mapping for TF2! Brutal story co.

Rainy-Chan

i was doing some regular 4chan anon stuff and say ponies one day. I thought it seemed cool at checked it out. I liked it so i started hanging out at ponychan at around October 2011 and the community at the time was amazing so i stayed.

Dreadnaught 308

Hello, I'm The Doctor

Fudgemuffin

I discovered about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by... Yogscast videos. I decided to check it out  the show and by the end of the first episode I was craving for more.

Lary

Browsed random forum. Saw this.

Pirated what was released of Season 1. Episodes sat on my computer for two whole months before I watched it.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Nala Valor

I got pression from my friend that is a brony and by the Internet.

Now, he says that I'm addicted to it and need to calm down. ((and I'm not going to "calm down" there is too much pony to watch))

Vinyl light

Johannes

I played a lot TF2 and saw a lot pony sprays.
(Oh, and I had seen few drawings in DeviantART!)
Spoiler: Some pony drawings I saw before I became brony • show

First I didn't mind them. Then I started to see more and more so I googled My Little Pony and started to read in KnowYourMeme (It was beginning of September if I remember right).
There was a link to first episode so I watched it. I liked it and watched another one and third one and so on (I watched 4-6 episodes that night). Then I read about bronies. For long time I was like "No. I'm not brony. No. No. I'm just watching the show." Then I started drawing ponies and joined EO's forum and started to chat with bronies in EO's IRC channel. It was small shock when I realized I'm brony.

And it was my biggest secret ever but then I remembered these drawings (+So... You are a cartoonist?).

snarfgsnor

was back when i was a hardcore mmo player. and a person in the guild started to sing the theme song over teamspeak. and after that day we asked him about it and he said he was a brony. since my guildmates were some persons that never judged by things in forhand they checked it out ( i didnt botherd it, just accepted it). and after a few days i entered the Teamspeak channel and everyone of them (drunk) were singing diffrent songs from the show. and it kept going for days and weeks. so i finaly decided to check what the fuzz was about. and yeah i got caught aswell. so thats how i became a brony. i never regret anything

brain: yo dude! aint something wrong here?!?!
me: what may that be?
brain: its a show for little girls
me: ummm
brain: you should stop watching it
me: NOO LOL! go away brain! ovO

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Johannes

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Apr 06, 16:37:45

I never thought I was watching a show for little girls.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Fudgemuffin on 2012 Apr 06, 16:28:51
I discovered about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by... Yogscast videos. I decided to check it out  the show and by the end of the first episode I was craving for more.

Sunshine of Israpony? ovO
I'm a pony, and I'm digging a hole... Diggy diggy hole! Diggy diggy hole!

Admittedly, Yogscast's Sunshine of Israpony led me further into becoming a brony.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ozzy

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Bakasan on 2012 Apr 06, 16:43:46
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Apr 06, 16:37:45

I never thought I was watching a show for little girls.

when i saw the intro and theme song i thought: "this is the girliest thing ever" but after several episode i started thinking it was immposible it was only for little girls. it had to be for familiys since much of the humor small girls woulndt even understand. so it was only the beggining i thought that :) but if i were to judge only by the intro i would never be here either  :')

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Nameless

So, it started in the first quarter of 2011. I was roaming Youtube as I usually do, and out of nowhere, BAM!

Spoiler: Spoiler'd due to a bad word. • show

I watched it and enjoyed it, but then my friend came and said he absolutely despised the show. I didn't mention the video, but I knew what he was talking about.

Around November, he told me he had become a brony. I was at a loss of words, because he said he hated bronies and raged at them over TF2. A few days later, I had finally watched the show myself for the first time.

So, there you have it. Nothing to special.

Avatar courtesy of LoE  |  Banner courtesy of Travius Trott

Go Up