CAUTION: MIGHT BLOW YOUR MIND!

Started by Master Masher, 2018 Jan 16, 20:23:16

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Master Masher

If we were ponies insted of humans would our history be the same?
Hi master masher. master as in well a master at button mashing. i am a gamer planing on braving youtube as"Master Masher" what ever it comes down to. Still figuring out the kinks with the running LoE and my profile

Nightshade Star

No.
There would 100% be no American revolution because Equestria was already there

Ferro_the_King

No.
There would be no space race between countries, because all you need to go to the Moon is to mess with Celestia :D
Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

waaaaaaah

No. The physiological and psychological differences between MLP ponies and humans practically guarantees this.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

GaryHappyPony

Quote from: Master Masher on 2018 Jan 16, 20:23:16If we were ponies insted of humans would our history be the same?
this is just a game, why he not in section "Thread Games"?

I certainly can answer, but I preferred it on another section answer
I'm the only alicorn in world. And I not feel lonely. I want be loner

Asriel

Hmm... it depends on the psychology and instincts of ponies.

For this scenario, I'm just going to suppose that the only difference between humans and these theoretical ponies is shape and magical abilities.

I am also going to assume that ponies can manipulate objects with their hooves, but maybe not as precise as hands.

Third, I am going to assume our current universe model - no geocentric solar system like in the show.

The last assumption I am going to make is that all three races of ponies start out living together. If they started separate, we'd get into Hearth's Warming territory.

Starting from the beginning of history, civilizations would be started a lot quicker. Surplus of food would have happened a lot sooner, due to the Earth Ponies, and things like droughts would not wipe out cities/civilizations, due to the pegasi. Unicorns would have provided sufficient defense, as well as artistic fine manipulation - useful enough for war not to be shunned by the others.

This relative ease of living would stagnate innovation, though. Some innovation would occur, though. Unicorns would discover healing spells, and perhaps Earth ponies would instinctively know which plants would help cure disease.

The first real problems would probably come with pegasi and unicorns. Both of the races have significant military capabilities, and since the Earth ponies would have control over the food, they would be mostly in charge of any government. I expect servile roles to come into place, as well as several bloody rebellions.

This will cause a split, and mistrust between all three races (Despite working together with each other to overthrow the earth ponies, the seed of mistrust against anything different than them will have already been placed.)

This split (perhaps not all countries, or even half, but significant enough) will cause those separated tribes to innovate in order to survive or keep their current standard of living. Each tribe will find alternate, nonmagical ways of doing the other races' jobs. Not as good as the original perhaps (several droughts/plagues kill thousands), but hardship cause the innovation that was so stagnant.

Eventually, as science, philosophy, and magic progress, the different countries exchange ideas, leading to more unified and advanced countries, but with continued tensions between the different races.

No one unified nation exists, and many countries of isolationists still exist, but the world is generally at peace... for now.

....Well that was fun.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

BeJimmieOdoks

Thank you so much for this information.
Yesterday I met your forum and I am trying to interact as best as possible.
I do not know the operation of the forum well, I understand it little by little, Im glad I found this information.
Thank you very much again.

Master Masher

And to think this all started over one question. Why do i atract attention so well?
Hi master masher. master as in well a master at button mashing. i am a gamer planing on braving youtube as"Master Masher" what ever it comes down to. Still figuring out the kinks with the running LoE and my profile

Nightshade Star

Maybe because it was a really good question that somehow everyone knew the answer to but me?? I don't really know lol

Go Up