Changelings

Started by Master Masher, 2017 Dec 26, 21:22:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cloudy Skies

Wow as one of my first books as a unicorn who got her cutie mark when she wrote her first book, I should write the history of changelings.
Shnuggles are nature's way of saying "Want a hug?" :P
Also they are a way of saying "I'm scared." :P
They also could mean "CAN I LATCH ONTO YOU LIKE A CRAZY PONY!?!?!?!"

Nightshade Star

Are changelings immortal?
I just thought that ^^

Cloudy Skies

Writing a book on the backstory of changelings: might help. 

Changelings: The prequel

Introduction:

Ever heard of My Little Pony? Well in My Little Pony they have this monsterous-like thing called a Changeling. They used to be evil, but in Season 7 they turned good. But the creators of My Little Pony don't really give the Changelings a backstory. So I decided to write this book about their backstory, and trying to make up a good one at it. This won't be the backstory of how the Changelings became good in Season 7, but pretty much how they were created. Here we go...

The dawn of Equestria... ahh, such a peaceful time. Princess Celestia, the first being dawned upon the land created all of ponykind. Even her sister, Princess Luna. They created harmony among the land, that is, until they made an accident. The legend says that when Princess Celestia created pony, she rose the sun. In the sun the ponies played and danced and frolicked. While Princess Luna made the moon rise. There the ponies slept, and waited for the next sunrise. This made Princess Luna jealous and angry, and then Princess Luna turned evil, and arose Nightmare Moon.
    Well, Princess Celestia used the Elements of Harmony to banish Nightmare Moon to the moon for a thousand years. Well, a thousand years later a certain pony named Twilight Sparkle and her friends defeated Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna emerged, but it is said that not all of Nightmare Moon was defeated. When Nightmare Moon was banished forever to the Moon, she casted a certain spell to make sure Equestria would be challenged by beings. She created all of the evil that lurked beyond. The Changelings, for one.
    Some others like Discord, the Spirit of Chaos, and Tirek, the evil being that is kept in the Outlands guarded by Tartarus, the three headed dog. In the episodes, Equestria must fight these evil beings. But this... this is the backstory to how Changelings emerged... it is a long, tale. So please stay... and learn of the dawn of Changelings.

But first, we have to learn how Equestrians record time.
   BC: Stands for "Before Celestia" and Celestia was born (In our time) around 1018.  So do the math. 10 BC = 1008.
   BL: Stands for "Before Luna" and Luna was born (In our time) around 1030. So do the math. 10 BL = 1020.
   BPK: Stands for "Before Pony Kind" and ponykind was created when Princess Celestia became an adult, (In our time)  which was 1038. So do the math. 10 BPK = 1028.

A triangle means "Change" so whenever you see a triangle, it means Change in Equestrian.
   Equestrian Holidays:
   Equestrians have their own holidays which are pretty much versions of ours.
Christmas: Hearthswarming
Christmas Eve: Hearthswarming Eve
July 4th: New Equestria Day
Valentine's Day: Hearts and Hooves Day
St. Patrick's Day: St. Pony's Day
Easter Day: Egg Day
Independence Day: (Crystal Ponies celebrate this only) King Sombra Independence Day
Halloween: Nightmare Night
Thanksgiving: Thanks Feast Day
Veteran's Day: Wonderbolts Appreciation Day

Thats about all you need  to know. Happy reading!

Chapter 1: Rise Of Darkness

"Where am I...?" Ursa the changeling asked to an empty forest.  This was the first ever Changeling, and she was just created. Soon, other Changelings popped into existence. They were the first Changelings ever, and Changelings in our present time worship them. "Uh, this is weird. You guys look like bugs." Ursa said to the other Changelings. "Well you do too, smarty-pants!" Sombik the Changeling replied. "Don't be rude..." Victor the Changeling muttered. "Well, I guess we're in a new world." Ursa said. "Wonder who created us." Victor replied. "Well, I'm really hungry..." Sombik piped up. "Well my belly is pointing us north!" Ursa said. "Follow the tummy!" Sombik yelled and they went north.
   Soon later, they arrived in a town full of ponies. "Uh, does our bellies want us to eat those things? Those are weird creatures. They don't look like bugs..." Sombik said, sounding annoyed and discouraged. "Let me try something!" Ursa replied. Ursa crept towards the ponies, sneaking up on a green and red one. Ursa opened her mouth, and suddenly the ponies' love, hope, courage, and honesty flew out into Ursa. "My belly is happy." Ursa said happily, rubbing her tummy. "Well lets feast!" Sombik evily said, laughing. They all searched for some ponies and fed on their love. "I love what we are... wait, what are we?" Ursa suddenly said. "Well, I guess we can name what we are once we find out what else we can do." Victor replied. "But I wanna name us now!" Sombik yelled. "I agree with Victor, we should find out what else we can do." Ursa said. "Pooey." Sombik replied, pouting. Suddenly Ursa transformed, she was a little taller because all of the love she ate. She grunted, trying to figure out what else she could do. She thought of a teacup.. suddenly, she turned into one! "Whoa! I'm a teacup!" Ursa happily said, hopping around. "Change..." Victor said, and got some paper to take notes. "ChangeLINGS! It's a great name!" This was the first time they were called Changelings. "I like it!" Ursa said. "It's... okay..." Sombik muttered. Ursa grunted again, trying to turn back into her normal form.

Shnuggles are nature's way of saying "Want a hug?" :P
Also they are a way of saying "I'm scared." :P
They also could mean "CAN I LATCH ONTO YOU LIKE A CRAZY PONY!?!?!?!"

Nightshade Star

I wonder if PONIES THEMSELVES had evolved from other beings. If that's the situation, then I wonder who... I think changelings were also once ponies but possibly ended up in a completely different place, which caused them to adapt and evolve into changelings? Changelings do have some more advantages than normal ponies anyway

Also said ponies that evolved into changelings could have been alicorns?? Because changelings have body parts such as wings AND a horn.

Master Masher

Well it seems changelings are bug-like so must have outside skeleton so thatexplains chrysalis being able to turn her neck 180 degrees in To Where and Back Again.
(That part creeped me out i don't about you but it did for me) i haven't found anything creepier than that even in real life. :I
Hi master masher. master as in well a master at button mashing. i am a gamer planing on braving youtube as"Master Masher" what ever it comes down to. Still figuring out the kinks with the running LoE and my profile

Nightshade Star

2018 Oct 08, 14:54:40 #25 Last Edit: 2018 Oct 11, 21:33:08 by Nightshade Star
BUT imagine if Chrysalis was able to turn her head full 360 degrees...
Just thinking about that makes me creeped out

McClaw

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2018 Oct 08, 14:54:40BUT imagine if Chrysalis was able to turn her head 360 degrees...
Just thinking about that makes me creeped out
If she can look directly backward, she probably can turn her head 360° -- 180° to the left and then another 180° to the right. (That's how owls do it.)

Now if she had her head on an unlimited swivel so she never had to turn it back...  ovO
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Nightshade Star

Quote from: McClaw on 2018 Oct 11, 20:30:41If she can look directly backward, she probably can turn her head 360° -- 180° to the left and then another 180° to the right. (That's how owls do it.)

Now if she had her head on an unlimited swivel so she never had to turn it back...  ovO

Exactly what I was trying to say tho honestly

Honey Bell

It is revealed that the original changelings were born from a carnivorous plant that grew from a rotten acorn that fell into a magic pond under a cemetery. They were inadvertently released by Star Swirl the Bearded, who nailed a warning sign to the plant to keep others away, only to create a crack from which the changelings emerged. At the end , the changelings escape from imprisonment together with Chrysalis.
Hello I'm Honey Bell. Got a problem, I'm all ears, and hooves *giggles*. You can always find me right here, in Discord or Ingame

McClaw

Quote from: -Woona- on 2018 Oct 12, 07:02:29It is revealed that the original changelings were born from a carnivorous plant that grew from a rotten acorn that fell into a magic pond under a cemetery. They were inadvertently released by Star Swirl the Bearded, who nailed a warning sign to the plant to keep others away, only to create a crack from which the changelings emerged. At the end , the changelings escape from imprisonment together with Chrysalis.
All of which happened in the IDW comic. It's not canon until it appears in an episode.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Nightshade Star

Quote from: McClaw on 2018 Oct 12, 15:50:52All of which happened in the IDW comic. It's not canon until it appears in an episode.

True, but that would basically mean the changelings would be born like the black ones in season 2, and not like the supposedly original changelings in "To Where and Back Again." That would be kinda weird. Also I think they haven't shared love recently because they also needed a lot for themselves to survive (because I'm pretty sure they're starving). There could've been fights for love, like changelings trying to get their love from taking some other changeling's love.  I guess that's until they discovered ponies. But even if they shared someone else's love without permission they wouldn't have changed back because they kinda had to earn it to turn back? I think that form of love is the most replenishing.
Also what happened to Chrysalis?? Did she somehow find another hive or something??

Master Masher

shes back in season 8 in episode 13 the mean 6.
Hi master masher. master as in well a master at button mashing. i am a gamer planing on braving youtube as"Master Masher" what ever it comes down to. Still figuring out the kinks with the running LoE and my profile

Go Up