Changelings

Started by Master Masher, 2017 Dec 26, 21:22:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Master Masher

were do changelings come to be?

let me know if i am thinking to deep
Hi master masher. master as in well a master at button mashing. i am a gamer planing on braving youtube as"Master Masher" what ever it comes down to. Still figuring out the kinks with the running LoE and my profile

Asriel

Well, where do the three tribes come from? Why are they different, but the same species?

When that is answered, we can start thinking about the changelings.

Unless you are thinking they are simply cursed ponies.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Master Masher

maybe the first ponies ever to exist just poped into existence.

but thats just my theory.
Hi master masher. master as in well a master at button mashing. i am a gamer planing on braving youtube as"Master Masher" what ever it comes down to. Still figuring out the kinks with the running LoE and my profile

Master Masher

but you saw what crysalis in to where and back again part 2

i don't want to think of wht would happen if starlight and others failed.

Ferro_the_King

2017 Dec 30, 21:19:02 #4 Last Edit: 2017 Dec 30, 21:21:15 by Ferro_the_King
Quote from: Master Masher on 2017 Dec 30, 16:58:57maybe the first ponies ever to exist just poped into existence.

I think the true question is how the Equestria came to existence... Since ponies control the moon, stars and sun, there is no way it can exist as a solar system. Otherwise sudden changes of day and night (Shown in few episodes) would tear the world apart.

So it is either a dead planet floating in space, with the life is being sustained just by magic, or it doesn't even have a form of a planet.

The first case would have normal evolution, with ponies taking over with magic while either their sun died, or the planet was slingshotted from the solar system by some disaster. The presence of such powerfull magic sustaining whole world could also explain why there are so many sentient species.

The other case would suggest world created by some omnipotent being, with ponies being created in the process and later given the control of the world.

And there goes the thing with changelings:
In the first case they evolved together with ponies. Since they are few in numbers, it could be a hunter/prey relation from the beginning.
In the second case they were probably created along with ponies and other races by the being that created the Equestria.

There are some other possibilities, though:
Changelings are cursed ponies. (Not likely, because they would probably be healed in "Where and back again")
Changelings are side effect of excessive using of magic throughout the Equestria.
Changelings were created on purpose- Either as a weapon, revenge, or just some failed magic experiment.

(Yes, I am crazy... lol )
Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

Master Masher

Wait chrysalis said she has changeling "drones" is there a different types changelings?

Master Masher

or is equestria an alternate dimension from ours where humans don't exsist and ponys are the replacement for them.

i think that because there are bears chickens and other animals that are in real life.

am i thinking too deep?

Asriel

Quote from: Ferro_the_King on 2017 Dec 30, 21:19:02There are some other possibilities, though:
Changelings are cursed ponies. (Not likely, because they would probably be healed in "Where and back again")
Changelings are side effect of excessive using of magic throughout the Equestria.
Changelings were created on purpose- Either as a weapon, revenge, or just some failed magic experiment.

I like how you think!

I see a fourth option, with the events of "To Where and Back Again."

Changelings could have been simply another species, then got either cursed or fell into evil/ruin. The transformation was implied to be the original true form of changelings.

I like to think that these old changelings had something of a symbiotic relationship with the original ponies, similar to a lot of fanfictions' depictions of the changeling "old ways," where they would take a pony's place when there was no way to save them (more common in the harsh climates of the time), and the pony didn't want their lover to suffer.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Ferro_the_King

And as far as wiki goes (I don't own the 5th issue of FIENDship is magic, so I can't confirm that):

"It is also revealed that the original changelings were born from a carnivorous plant that grew from a rotten acorn that fell into a magic pond under a cemetery. They were inadvertently released by Star Swirl the Bearded, who nailed a warning sign to the plant to keep others away, only to create a crack from which the changelings emerged."

McClaw

Quote from: Ferro_the_King on 2017 Dec 31, 12:47:57And as far as wiki goes (I don't own the 5th issue of FIENDship is magic, so I can't confirm that):

"It is also revealed that the original changelings were born from a carnivorous plant that grew from a rotten acorn that fell into a magic pond under a cemetery. They were inadvertently released by Star Swirl the Bearded, who nailed a warning sign to the plant to keep others away, only to create a crack from which the changelings emerged."
That's from the IDW comics, so it's not going to automatically be canon.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Asriel

Yeah, while I usually like the comics, they aren't really canon, and...

I don't really like it, since it pretty much says that changelings as an entire race are born evil.

Master Masher

the answer i really want is what happens to ponys that get all of their love stolen?Do they become changelings themselves? i need to know.

Ferro_the_King

If it is even possible to steal all of love from a pony, I think the result would be either mental breakdown (With results varying from turning evil or insane to practically lobotomizing the pony), or even death.

It's true I saw that version (turning pony into changeling) once or twice around the fan-made stuff, but that seems illogical to me. There are the reasons:
1) Changelings and ponies are different species. There is even part of their reproduction shown- it is clear drones hatch from eggs.
2) Anatomy- Every changeling has a horn and wings. No exception AFAIK. Result of turning pony into a drone would be rather having three different types of drones- And probably none of them would have horn and wings, except the queen herself.
3) Changelings probably don't feed only on ponies, but on other sentient species as well. The result would be even more types of changelings.
4) In the "Where and back again" were all changelings transformed into a new species. That should only apply to those already born as changelings. If there were turned ponies, they would probably turn back, or don't change at all...
5) A changeling needs love to survive. They would starve to death- And I think Chrysalis was actually trying to kill Thorax by sucking all the love out of him. So the result of turning a pony into a drone by stealing all of the love would have similar effect- the resulting drone would instantly die of lack of love...
6) If that was even possible, it would be probably mentioned either by Thorax, or somepony else who knows about changelings. One thing is, when they just act as parasites and steal the love under cover, but if they were actually killing ponies, or making them disappear, the fact would spread among ponies.
7) If this was actually a possibility, it would have been definitelly used during the first attack on Canterlot. Chrissaliss would have either turned Cadance into a drone right away, or if Alicorns were somehow immune, she would definitelly use it on Shining instead of just making him a puppet. The same applies on the second attack- Some of the most important ponies (Princesses, Mane 6, etc.) would be rather turned to drones, then just kidnapped...

Master Masher

2018 Jan 02, 14:04:02 #13 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 02, 14:30:06 by Master Masher Reason: did not finish it
but chrysalis said that the ponies that they captured would last for generations.

does that mean one pony can last for a little bit or do they generate that much love.

i have been trying to wrap my head around this since i knew Changelings existed.

Ferro_the_King

2018 Jan 03, 19:04:25 #14 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 03, 19:06:03 by Ferro_the_King
I'm not sure, where exactly she said it. But she probably meant, that the love, once drained from the ponies, could be somehow stored for later use.
Another explanation would be, that those "conteiners" they were kept in, were some kind of magical stasis. It would keep them in suspended animation, prolonging their life and having them ready for "later use".
The last one I can think of (but improbable due to the kid's character of the show), would be, that she actually wanted to create some form of farm to breed ponies and keep them in form of livestock. They would feed on their love then, but never to the point, where the pony would die. They would be given time to regenerate and produce new love...

Master Masher

*thought pops into head* maybe the changelings are other alicorns and Luna :luna:  and Celestia :celestia: are the only survivors. As in the others did not make it.

Nightshade Star

Can I ask something? What were they doing to the Mane Six and the others when they were in the chrysalis? What would happpen if their love got sucked out? Or is there a spell that makes them continuously generate love, and the chrysalis is part of it?

(We should make a non-fiction book about changelings on FIMfiction or something :P )

Master Masher

First things first do ponies even die? Are ponies immortal and can't die? Do ponies have unlimited love?We should answer these questions before we answer yours.

Master Masher

Sorry if that is too much. X3

Nightshade Star

Quote from: Master Masher on 2018 Mar 09, 10:01:20First things first do ponies even die? Are ponies immortal and can't die? Do ponies have unlimited love?We should answer these questions before we answer yours.
"ONLY ALICORN PRINCESSES ARE IMMORTAL. I THINK THAT'S CERTIFIED."
by Nightlight/Cynthia/Whatever you want to call her.
I think ponies do have unlimited love though

Go Up