General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Jun 08, 14:42:55
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Jun 08, 14:32:09
Sceptile's new typing and ability looks to make it a real serious problem for electric types.  That's a quad resistance underneath that Lightning Rod! 

See, that's the problem: Lightningrod completely negates Electric attacks and boosts the owner's Special Attack, so Mega Sceptile's 4x resistance to it is completely useless... Furthermore, it's now 4x weak to Ice attacks...

Ah, I forgot about that change.  I don't keep up with updated abilities, since I only play single player.  And that quad weakness is a pain, but Swampert's always had a quad weakness to Grass; it's why I have Ice Punch on mine for a bit of defense.

LostSanity

Well I know which starter I'm choosing!!

Spoiler: Starter I will probably choose • show
Treecko

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Stuff from yesterday:

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- E3 Details

During today's Nintendo Digital Event at E3, Nintendo confirmed the details that were leaked in CoroCoro with a nice gameplay trailer. This trailer showcased Mega Sceptile, Swampert and various parts of Hoenn. The details for the Primal forms are confirmed in English as Primal Groudon, which is now Ground/Fire & Primal Kyogre. It also revealed the game will be out on November 21st 2014 in Japan & North America and November 28th 2014 in Europe.

Also, a map!

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Naura

I must give you props for updating us on all information almost as soon as it comes out, I have a lot of other stuff going on and I'm so happy I can watch some of the most important parts here without having to go search for this stuff, thank you! ^-^
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

2014 Jun 11, 14:51:43 #84 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 11, 17:10:54 by Rikaria
I'm actually disappointed that I didn't post this sooner, but anyway... You're welcome o/

EDIT: Another Mega confirmed!

Naura

omc YES! I knew this would come sooner or later!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Stardust Dragon

Judging by the big honking ruby it's hiding behind, I feel like this might be another version-specific Mega Evolution.  I wonder, if another version exists, what the different evolutions might do?

Rikaria

New video:

There are also A LOT of new pre-release screenshots, found here (scroll down to June 12's).

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Mega Sableye

Further details have been revealed about the Pokémon, Mega Sableye. It is confirmed that Mega Sableye retains its Dark/Ghost-type, but rather than keep any of the abilities, it gets the ability Magic Bounce. It has increased Defense and Special Attack stats, but decreased Speed. During battle, Mega Sableye shelters itself behind the jewel, from where it can take advantage of any openings its target leaves exposed.

Guess that answers that.

Naura

Rikaria

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jul 02, 04:25:25
Any new updates? (there must be some)

Probably like a week (or even this weekend) till we get new info. As usual, I will post ASAP.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

It has been confirmed that Secret Bases have returned to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, now known as Super-Secret Bases. As before, Secret Bases are created by using the move Secret Power on various parts of the Hoenn region including on walls and in trees. You can even set battle rules in your Secret Base. Players will be able to share their Secret Base with other Trainers around the world using StreetPass functionality, or they can create a QR Code for their unique Secret Base, enabling friends to visit it with ease. When visiting other Secret Bases, players can meet other Trainers in the same base and invite them back to their own Secret Base as Secret Pals. Players can interact and battle with Secret Pals, who have special skills that can support players in their adventures, such as sharing new Decorations, making a Pokémon Egg hatch faster, or raising the level of a select Pokémon by one. The more Secret Pals players have in their Secret Base, the more special skills will be available to help them in their adventures. Players can also capture flags while visiting other players' Secret Bases. Flags are located beside the Secret PC in each Secret Base. The more flags a player collects, the higher the rank earned, which brings rewards like improving the skills of a player's Secret Pals. A new character called Aarune has been revealed for this, and he is the Secret Base Expert. He currently resides in Hoenn, but is a world traveler, and has a Flygon

Secret Bases pics can be found here (scroll down to July 8th 2014).

GoldenTerrabyte

Secret Bases traded with StreetPass. I SO called it!
I'm back

Rikaria

That was a given. I just don't really like the 2nd idea, as I would've preferred Mixing Records.

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Rikaria

Yes.

Well... whatever. I just wanna know if overwriting Bases will be an issue...

Griffon

That will be a perfect Birthday present for me.
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Rikaria

2014 Jul 14, 10:43:53 #97 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 14, 10:45:42 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to AnimeNewsNetwork and this batch showcases more information about the games. In this, it revealed Mega Metagross, which will be used by Steven. Steven Mega Evolves Metagross using the Mega Brooch and the scan references the fact that there are different Pokémon in Hoenn than before. More details are to come.

Spoiler: Image • show
[/img]

Post Merge

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the games. First, it shows the new Pokédex, which appears based on the GameBoy Advance, as well as a piece labelled Madame Pikachu. Another shows Brawly. We'll bring more as they come
Edit @ 15:04: We now have more images from John Lenoso which show various forms of Pikachu which appear to be related to the contests. Madam Pikachu & Hard Rock Pikachu on the first image, and Idol Pikachu, Doctor Pikachu and Masked Pikachu on the second. It states that more will be revealed on this in the issue next month. It also confirms that Pokémon Amie returns.

Spoiler: Images • show

Post Merge

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. In this latest image, it shows Mega Diancie and reveals to us its ability. Mega Diancie has got the ability Magic Bounce. It also confirms that next month's issue, due for release on August 12th, will have what they're calling a "Mega Evolution Scoop". We'll bring more when it comes.

Spoiler: Image • show

Post Merge

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Details

The Pokémon Company International has sent out a release detailing more about the news that has come this past week. In this release, it shows footage of Mega Metagross confirmed to have Tough Claws, as well as the reveal of the Pikachu appearences: Pikachu Belle, Pikachu Rock Star, Pikachu Pop Star, Pikachu Ph. D, Pikachu Libre.
Edit @ 15:15: More details on Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def. Mega Metagross also has a greatly increased Speed stat, with additional increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, making Mega Metagross primed for both offense and defense.
Edit @ 15:30: Following amiguity with the Canadian release date last month, where it was listed solely as November, we now have confirmation that the games will arrive in Canada on November 21st

LostSanity

In all honesty...

It was probably only a matter of time before Metagross got a Mega Evolution regardless.

Better sooner than later. I guess?

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Go Up