Hallowtide is Here! Legends of Equestria's Fall 2021 Update is Now Live!

Started by Ellowee, 2021 Oct 16, 07:42:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hey again, everypony! Autumn is here once again, which means it's time for everything to get a little bit spooky for a while - and Equestria is right on theme, with Hallowtide now in full swing! That's not the only thing happening in our latest update; read on for a few other highlights from v2021.05.01, now available for download!

You'll probably notice that a few places have had their atmospheres adjusted for the festivities. This is more than just the usual decorations this time around, however; new seasonal trimmings have been added along with some fog effects, and a new bloom setting really helps with the ambience! There are also some new cosmetic pumpkin lanterns available from your friendly neighbourhood graveyard-tender, Crypt Keeper! And of course, some ponies will be celebrating the festivities by giving out candies, and the seasonal costume quest is enabled once more, for those who haven't yet created Ensemble's masterpiece of a Hallowtide costume!

Not everything in this update is as spooky, though; the Cantermore Library now has a suitably ostentatious interior, complete with enough tomes to shake a bookcase at! There might even be some reading material there to learn more about the origins of Hallowtide itself...

Our efforts to include your efforts in-game continue, as we add 2 more fan-made main menu themes! Where will Prologue end up next? You can read more about these inclusions here, if you'd like to submit your own, and see your artwork in the game for all our players to enjoy!

There's plenty more included in this update - greater VR support, mobile UI tweaks, new Talent Marks, and of course the usual raft of bug fixes and quest issues addressed - and you can check out the full details in our changelog. To experience this new content, you'll need to update your copy of the game; if you're playing using a direct download on your computer, you'll need to go to our downloads page to download the latest version. If you're playing using our launcher, or the Android mobile version (we're still working on iOS, don't worry!), you should be updated automatically (although you may need to visit the Play Store and prompt it to update the app)!

That's everything for now; we hope to see you in Equestria soon, and that you all have a very happy Hallowtide!

StarFrith

Trying out the new update now. ^_^ Not too keen on the motion blur, felt a wee bit nauseous,  so I went into the Options menu and un-checked it. Looks like flying up from a tilted position still retains that tilt in the air. I confirm that you can now "light" the torches in the Applewood mine rather than "lit" them. Harmonious armor has become very bright in the dark. I'm still collecting Phoenix boots, I'll check out the New (shiny!) Library interior later, and try and guess where the Spacial Bats might be at... And it looks like the saddle bag inventory manager has been tweaked! So far, discarding items actually discards them where you selected rather than paring them off the first stack in the bag. Nice! Saw a few festive jack-o-lanterns on my rush through Canterlot to the train station. Awesome work as always, people.

When is it going to be 10 years since the start of coding on "Equestria Online"? The first time I attended an Open Server Weekend was 9 years ago, around September 29th.

Oh, another thing -- I have several pony parody titles for books and magazines, it you want them, just give me a poke. Band names and musicians too.

Fluttershyyaaay

where is crypt keeper in the heartlands? not even the wiki knows that one

StarFrith

I believe the teachers tell you where to go when you ask about the Hallowtide legend. Crypt Keeper is at the rear entrance of the cemetery in the Heartlands, the one that is blanketed in thick fog at night. Unless you're savvy, you have to find your way through the cemetery to reach the rear entrance. Beware when purchasing a jack-o-lantern, Crypt Keeper will take _all_ your candy in the required denomination, not just the 19 or 20 odd pieces stated as the price.

Yugilover1

I am playing after the halloween event and the pumpkin lanterns that you find at the pet graveyard doesn't appear at all I need help with this
I have seen My Little Pony from G1 to Present so keep on smiling my little bronies and here is the link to my oc picture that someone draw for me http://pre05.deviantart.net/cc77/th/pre/i/2015/315/a/4/yutem_as_an_alicorn_by_yugilover1-d9gcauy.jpg

AngryRanger

whish i could be around for that but thus again i'm having account problems

Mufiso

Hello, how to get those vanity items? Like this years ghostlight?

SuperSpaceMan34

Quote from: Mufiso on 2022 Aug 23, 11:02:27Hello, how to get those vanity items? Like this years ghostlight?

There's a pony in the Crystal Empire Kingdom that sells some vanity items.
I can't remember their name, but look for 'Fashionista' under said NPC's name.
A friend,
Super Space Man 34

Willing to RP on Discord. You can find me on the LoE official Discord Server.

Go Up