Silent Hill : Downpour

Started by DrizzleMutt, 2012 Jun 03, 21:35:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DrizzleMutt

2012 Jun 03, 21:35:53 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 03, 21:44:27 by DrizzleMutt
I've heard of this game, and are watching the Playthrough..

ITS SO SCARY l-l

Warning, seriously scare and contains gore.

Er.. Yeah.. Good game.

Dreadnaught 308

Do not get it I bought it played it and beat it
It only had 2 bosses and not enough scares other than the other silent hill games
I am a huge silent hill fan and I was very disappointed in it
But if you want it go ahead
Hello, I'm The Doctor

DrizzleMutt

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Jun 03, 22:09:31
Do not get it I bought it played it and beat it
It only had 2 bosses and not enough scares other than the other silent hill games
I am a huge silent hill fan and I was very disappointed in it
But if you want it go ahead

Yeah, but most of the game is scary transitions and runs. The kind of stuff that original Silent Hill fans like.

Pinkie PIsqaured

2012 Jun 03, 23:18:35 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 03, 23:24:40 by Pinkie PIsqaured
I have a TON to say about Silent Hill. I'll break it down though...

I personally thought Silent Hill was an super duper incredible (And SCARY!) game when the first game was released on Playstation. The Silent Hill series was eventually sold to American distributors which kind of... well... lets just say, the only thing scary about Silent Hill at this very moment, is the direction its taking- ALL down hill  :'(

Down Pour isn't that scary, just visually appealing. It's like... Nightmare on Elm street meets The Hills Have Eyes. Silent 2 and 3 stays true to the essence of its original developers. Watch those  :)
If you want to see a REAL scary game, there's a lot of hubbub on SCP Containment Breach.

WARNING, VERY SCARY. Play with good volume and lights off! PS: You don't need good graphics to make a game scary  :D

One without commentary

&feature=related

One with, this guy adds a lot of enthusiasm when he plays the game

&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Lord of Madness

all those games scare me... so i love them... like Amnesia SUCH AN AWESOME GAME TO SPEED RUN in the dark AT NIGHT in the basement WITH no one home DURING  a small storm ^3^

Pinkie PIsqaured

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 04, 01:41:44
all those games scare me... so i love them... like Amnesia SUCH AN AWESOME GAME TO SPEED RUN in the dark AT NIGHT in the basement WITH no one home DURING  a small storm ^3^

Oh,oh,oh! I haven't tried Amnesia.  What other horror games is it similar too?

iAN

To be honest I've never played any Silent Hill games, but I've looked at a couple gameplays of Downpour and I wasn't really impressed for a horror game, in terms of graphics it looks really good though.

The_Unknown

Quote from: Pinkie PIsqaured on 2012 Jun 04, 02:52:34
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 04, 01:41:44

Oh,oh,oh! I haven't tried Amnesia.  What other horror games is it similar too?

It's very similar to the Penumbra series. It's made by the same developers too, so a lot of the gameplay elements are almost the same.
But seriously, if you haven't played Amnesia and you love horror games, you MUST play it. It's hands down the scariest game I've ever played O:

Ozzy

I've played one Silent Hill game, and it was a very long time ago so which one exactly escapes me, I gotta admit I didn't find it particularly enjoyable and I tend to like horror games, I should give this series another try, after all I love the film

DrizzleMutt

I've got to say, I liked the bad mortality ending....

See you in hell... Cupcake.

Go Up