Have you tried Wakfu?

Started by Pinkie PIsqaured, 2012 May 28, 12:13:35

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pinkie PIsqaured

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone played an MMO known as Wakfu. It's a tactic style MMO (Like Advanced Wars, Disgaea, Final Fantasy tactics) that sticks out among the crowd of MMO's. There aren't many Tactics MMO's out there, and this is probably why Dofus/Wakfu is unique all on its own. I think it's safe to say that Wakfu's kind of an Indie Game (If you seen Ankama's HQ, you'd think so too!).

The state of the game is at dismay at the moment, but I can only see it through the eye of the English speaking community. As a pony lover, I'm all alone in the server. I'd love some company or someone to talk to with the same interest!

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

Blues-Music

I never heard of wakfu actually.

Wandering Star

I would like to continue playing. There were wonderful concepts as mage tanks, monk berserks with blood magic and druids-shaman with little dolls. The problem is that I don't have enough money to pay for another mmo. In fact, I find rather stupid to make you pay a monthly fee AND have to purchase things in a cash shop. Or monthly fee or cash shop, but not both of them

Iodine

Yes, I played the in the closed beta. Everybody in the game seems to be anti-social since release, cuz every time I walk up to people and attempt to talk with them to start a party or do stuff they just ignore me. :\ I don't have the money to play a subscription game either, at the moment.

Nala Valor

No, but once played Dofus. Witch was better. I got bored after a weak.

Pinkie PIsqaured

2012 Jun 03, 03:27:42 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 03, 03:29:17 by Pinkie PIsqaured
@ Wandering Star
All the items in the Boutique are completely for cosmetic purposes only. Wakfu doesn't depend heavily on the "Pay2Win" criteria. Some items add stats, but the stats are so bad, that it's mainly there for "Dress-up" purposes only. The 6 dollar monthly fee is kind of your choice though  x3

@ Iodine
Aww, I'm sorry! I'm sure during beta, everyone was all just fired up on playing the game instead of social interaction. It's different now, and now everyone just hangs out.  :)

@ Nala Valor
Yeah, Dofus is better in my opinion at the moment ( Been playing it since the beta which was 6-7 years ago). Wakfu's still a baby. In a way, it's the baby of Dofus. Recently, Dofus is walking the plank. They've been releasing their end-game content in the past few months and who knows what's gonna happen to it.

You see everypony? The community of Wakfu needs fun and friendly people like you! Right now, there isn't much razzle dazzle, but YOU can make it change! I know what you went through Iodine during beta, and that's what I'm going through. It's so lonely some times being by myself.

What I like it about it the most, is that professions are easy. The professions play a huge role in the economy and there's a wide variety of them... Harvesting professions: Fishing, mining, farming, herbalist, lumberjack, and trapper (Trapper's are like, the one's in charge of "Planting" monsters)! Then there's a crafting professions ( cooking, baking, weapons craftsmen (s), tailor, armor crafting, etc )that can make you rich and gain lots of respect from everyone once you get it high enough level. Leveling up is just an option, you don't HAVE to do it unless you want to be super strong. They also have "Haven Bag's" that you can customize (Even plant crops/plants/trees for your own personal gain!) and sell goods in, it's like a little house.

With more players like you, you can make this into a ponified utopia! Here's a cute little trailer made by SquareEnix themselves:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

DXLelouch

not a particular fan of turnbased mmos so nope

Ethereal Nebula

My friend and I tried it, but we got bored of it and stop playing.

DXLelouch

OFT but wth happ to the post counts,etc while i was absent from this forum playing Dragon's Dogma(still not done btw)

sonyablademaster

I downloading the patch right now

Pinkie PIsqaured

@ Ethereal Nebula

Oooh! You did? When? After the beta or during?

@ DXLelouch

I understand! To each their own, right? I wasn't into these types of games either, or just any kind of RPG. I tried Wakfu out, and it turned out pretty fun.  X3

@ sonyablademaster

Thank you so much, let me know what you think of Wakfu! Let me know what your in-game name is so I can join you.  :D

sonyablademaster

^-^ I try it and like it  :D

Dreadnaught 308

Wakfu...wakfu... where have I heard that before...I think it was a show o_O I can't remember :P
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Pinkie PIsqaured

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Jun 03, 20:10:33
Wakfu...wakfu... where have I heard that before...I think it was a show o_O I can't remember :P

It sure is! It's a French cartoon.  :D

Nala Valor

And one other thing I didn't like of Dofus (witch is probably gone by now but that means this will now be on Wakfu) is the frequent update like they overite half the data that was there and at the end, you have the equevelent of 10 update that all took 1 hour to do. I might give it an other try IF they do less update for like 1 bug fix and more for new char and major bug fix.

Pinkie PIsqaured

2012 Jun 03, 21:56:51 #16 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 03, 22:06:00 by Pinkie PIsqaured
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Jun 03, 21:11:06
And one other thing I didn't like of Dofus (witch is probably gone by now but that means this will now be on Wakfu) is the frequent update like they overite half the data that was there and at the end, you have the equevelent of 10 update that all took 1 hour to do. I might give it an other try IF they do less update for like 1 bug fix and more for new char and major bug fix.

I'm going to assume that you played Dofus awhile ago because it's very,very,very different now. This is the process Wakfu follows:

1. Between 1-3 months, they decide to have a MAJOR content update. These updates contain tons of changes as well as new things. The reason why it's such a stretch when it comes to updates, it's because Ankama (The company in charge of Dofus and Wakfu, IT IS a indie game company afterall  x3) has been working on multiple games. They're working heavily on a new class on Dofus at the moment.

2. After the patch update, there's a series of events that take place that aren't very promising. Like all patch updates for any game, they come with lots of bugs. These bugs are taken care of in a decent amount of time by something they do called, "Hot fixes." There can be multiple hotfixes sometimes, it just depends how bad the bugs are.

Right now, there aren't any "Game breaking" bugs. The only itch that the community can't scratch in regards of Wakfu, is the new spell system. I don't want to get into that though, it's something that mainly concerns higher level players.

Like I said, this game is super new. I'd say that only 37% of the community has reached max level by now, and Wakfu raises the level cap by 5 levels (Dofus max level was 200, Wakfu might go in the same direction) during some updates. There's lots of opportunities right now to catch up if you feel like you're behind  :D

Go Up