Legends of Equestria Hallowe'en Update is Live!

Started by Ellowee, 2017 Oct 22, 19:28:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2017 Oct 22, 19:28:42 Last Edit: 2017 Nov 10, 17:06:25 by Galapagois

Hey again, everypony!

We've had a lot of fun sharing Equestria with you over the last couple of months, and seeing you share your experiences with us has been amazing too! We've still been working hard to bring you even more to enjoy, though, and today we've released our Hallowe'en update!

You can find a full changelog here, but there's a couple of key parts that you'll probably notice more than the others:

Firstly, we've increased the maximum number of ponies per account to 6. The original limitation was necessary when we first started out, but improvements mean more ponies for players to pick from!

Secondly, we were hearing a lot of feedback regarding the game's performance when certain parts of the UI were under a lot of strain; for example, having a lot of ponies on your friend's list causing significant drops in framerate. We want to encourage everypony to have more friends, not less, so we've worked to deal with that!

And finally (and probably most importantly), this is our Hallowe'en update, so it's only right that we'd bring some spooky costumes to the party! Word has it that the Equestria-famous costume designer Ensemble has opened up shop in the Crystal Kingdom, and has a few designs on sale - but he might have an extra special bat-related costume available for those willing to help him make it!

Be aware, though, that this quest is seasonal; it won't be around forever, so make sure you get this costume while you can! Ensemble will no longer be offering the quest after Monday, 13th November - at least until next year!

Remember, if you want to experience everything a new update has to offer, you need to make sure that you're keeping your version of LoE up-to-date! If you're using a direct download version of the game, you'll need to re-download the newest version of the game from our downloads page. If you're running on the Windows launcher version, your game should update automatically the next time you launch it!

We hope you enjoy what we've added and fixed with this update, but as always, we're still hard at work to bring you more! Remember, if you have any bugs, glitches, or suggestions to report, you should do so using the system explained here; that'll ensure the right people see your report, and get to work on it!

Speaking of work, we've got a lot more to do; we'll see you in Equestria!

Cerothus

Amazing work as always! Thank you for the spooky gifts!
My only gripe is that there's no way to have slit-pupils :(  Oh well, can't have it all I suppose! But who knows, maybe you guys will come up with a way to make that happen too! Contact lenses, or something!

Also, praise the stars, my prayers have been answered! More character slots! MORE PONIES FOR EVERYONE!  <3

MidnightLunaRose

Qrow

Thix for the Halloween gift also my 19th bday is next week so thank you for the awesome gift

MythicStar

2017 Oct 25, 22:31:15 #4 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 25, 23:18:19 by MythicStar
  My quest for the bat costume stuff is broken.  D:  I have all of the stuff and it still says to go collect it. I've tried with two different ponies (1 Unicorn Mare and 1 Pegasus Filly) and the same result. I don't want to pay another 50 bits for dye.

I just don't know what went wrong. Help?

Night Striker

Quote from: MythicStar on 2017 Oct 25, 22:31:15My quest for the bat costume stuff is broken.  D:  I have all of the stuff and it still says to go collect it. I've tried with two different ponies (1 Unicorn Mare and 1 Pegasus Filly) and the same result. I don't want to pay another 50 bits for dye.

Do you have 8 twigs? The quest never really mentioned how many you needed so I imagine that might be the problem here.

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

Ferro_the_King

Anyone else noticed the flying is behaving weird after the update, or is it just me?

I don't have the time to go through it to the point, where I can submit a report on phabricator, but I have noticed my pony flies like drunk lately. She gets stuck in some maneuver- turn, up/down, sprint, I even once had her flying upside down. When I push a button for some other maneuver, the animation is correct, but when I release it, the pony returns to the position she was stuck in. It usually ends when I land, but I was even once or twice runing on the ground at about 30 degrees sideways...
Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

FlashWing

Y
Quote from: MythicStar on 2017 Oct 25, 22:31:15My quest for the bat costume stuff is broken.  D:  I have all of the stuff and it still says to go collect it. I've tried with two different ponies (1 Unicorn Mare and 1 Pegasus Filly) and the same result. I don't want to pay another 50 bits for dye.

You'll need a total of 8 twigs , the rainbow dye , card boards and 1,000 bits ^_^

MidnightLunaRose

Quote from: Ferro_the_King on 2017 Oct 26, 02:16:12Anyone else noticed the flying is behaving weird after the update, or is it just me?

Same thing happens to me. I'll do a flip and the pony stays on the side like it's glued to an invisible wall.

Shadow Midnight

Great Halloween quest, the bat costume is totally worth the 1,000 bits at the end. Thanks for the great costumes and quests.

Glyph

A ban on chatting in Russian letters, also included in the update?)

NotoriousSMALL

Quote from: Glyph on 2017 Oct 26, 04:32:40A ban on chatting in Russian letters, also included in the update?)
Why in the world would anyone do that? Not everyone can speak english bro

Thunder Spin

Quote from: FlashWing on 2017 Oct 26, 02:37:14You'll need a total of 8 twigs , the rainbow dye , card boards and 1,000 bits ^_^

Awh man, that means that I can't create a bat-pony, since I'm more active as my main OC and I have many MANY bits on that one. I'll turn her into a batpony I guess.
Quote from: Glyph on 2017 Oct 26, 04:32:40A ban on chatting in Russian letters, also included in the update?)

If you don't want to chat with Russians, go to Amareicas or Singapone server (america server has lowest ping for europians maybe?). You can't ban someone for speaking in their language. I don't like Russians too, but at least I respect them!

Optera

Non ascii characters have been disable even before the Halloween update.
See this thread: https://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=17407.0

Izie33

Quote from: Ellowee on 2017 Oct 22, 19:28:42

Hey again, everypony!

We've had a lot of fun sharing Equestria with you over the last couple of months, and seeing you share your experiences with us has been amazing too! We've still been working hard to bring you even more to enjoy, though, and today we've released our Hallowe'en update!

You can find a full changelog here, but there's a couple of key parts that you'll probably notice more than the others:

Firstly, we've increased the maximum number of ponies per account to 6. The original limitation was necessary when we first started out, but improvements mean more ponies for players to pick from!

Secondly, we were hearing a lot of feedback regarding the game's performance when certain parts of the UI were under a lot of strain; for example, having a lot of ponies on your friend's list causing significant drops in framerate. We want to encourage everypony to have more friends, not less, so we've worked to deal with that!

And finally (and probably most importantly), this is our Hallowe'en update, so it's only right that we'd bring some spooky costumes to the party! Word has it that the Equestria-famous costume designer Ensemble has opened up shop in the Crystal Kingdom, and has a few designs on sale - but he might have an extra special costume available for those willing to help him make it!

Remember, if you want to experience everything a new update has to offer, you need to make sure that you're keeping your version of LoE up-to-date! If you're using a direct download version of the game, you'll need to re-download the newest version of the game from our downloads page. If you're running on the Windows launcher version, your game should update automatically the next time you launch it!

We hope you enjoy what we've added and fixed with this update, but as always, we're still hard at work to bring you more! Remember, if you have any bugs, glitches, or suggestions to report, you should do so using the system explained here; that'll ensure the right people see your report, and get to work on it!

Speaking of work, we've got a lot more to do; we'll see you in Equestria!

Sadly...there are new bugs....and..........NO RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ;_; WHYYYY....anyway...i hope you'll fix these... :c  >A<

Izie33

Quote from: NotoriousSMALL on 2017 Oct 26, 09:32:17Why in the world would anyone do that? Not everyone can speak english bro
IKR

Glyph

2017 Oct 26, 14:38:16 #16 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 26, 14:41:42 by Glyph
Quote from: Optera on 2017 Oct 26, 11:24:34Non ascii characters have been disable even before the Halloween update.
See this thread: https://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=17407.0

Quote from: NotoriousSMALL on 2017 Oct 26, 09:32:17Why in the world would anyone do that? Not everyone can speak english bro

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2017 Oct 26, 10:27:35If you don't want to chat with Russians, go to Amareicas or Singapone server (america server has lowest ping for europians maybe?). You can't ban someone for speaking in their language. I don't like Russians too, but at least I respect them!

What do you what, I'm very good to Russian-speaking players, my native language is Russian) Just right after the update, it turned out that no one can chat on it, that's what I wanted to ask)
I wanted to find out if this was a bug or should it be?)

MythicStar

Quote from: Night Striker on 2017 Oct 26, 00:24:58Do you have 8 twigs? The quest never really mentioned how many you needed so I imagine that might be the problem here.

Ok, that's probably it. The quest is very non-specific. lol

Ferro_the_King

2017 Oct 26, 23:53:08 #18 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 26, 23:56:13 by Ferro_the_King
Quote from: MidnightLunaRose on 2017 Oct 26, 02:50:57Same thing happens to me. I'll do a flip and the pony stays on the side like it's glued to an invisible wall.

This is what I'm talking about. Found out it only happens when you use arrows and RMB mode to steer your pony simultaneously  ovO

Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

ShutterflyEQD

Go Up