Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 19, 12:41:48
4. Are pieces of food, such as loaves of bread
In volume 1, Pyrrha said that all of their tools and equipment are conduits for aura. So, basically, they can channel their aura into their weapons, to protect them from being damaged. That's how two characters fought each other with bread, and the bread didn't break until they threw it away.
i really need to get to that series...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 20, 02:53:47
Another thing: it's ridiculous the way females of bestial races are portrayed 99% of the time. No matter how alien and brutish the males of a race look the females always just look like regular humans with an odd skin color and a few racial traits (horns, glowing eyes, ect).

I mean come on....

This is just...jarring!

News flash, game devs : not every female in the universe has to be attractive!

Props to Guild Wars 2 for breaking the mold with female charr, they're probably the most properly bestial females I've seen in any game. Sometimes I've mistaken some for males at first glance.

It's grotesque how skinny she is. o.O

Perfect World did that kind of thing, too, only less alien. The Untamed race is a beast race. It has two classes: Barbarian and Venomancer. Only males can be Barbarians and only females can be Venomancers (which can tame monsters).
This is a Barbarian:
Spoiler: show

This is a Venomancer:

And yeah, they did that typical thing where males get real armor, and females get armor that barely protects anything.

You can choose what animal you want your Untamed's humanoid form to be.
Barbarian: Wolf, panda, tiger, I think lion... I dunno if I ever saw all the options.
Venomancer: Fox ears and tail, bat wings on her head, antlers, cat ears and tail, rabbit ears...
No matter what animal you choose, Barbarians can transform into a white tiger and Venomancers can transform into a fox.

Though, I was one of those typical people who went "I wanna be a fox girl! :3"
I also liked the play style, so it wasn't all about being a pretty fox girl. X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

CrabApple

@Midnight Breeze & @Chishio Kunrin

Omg you guys have no idea how much that bugs me! Like I dislike a lot of MMOs specificly for this reason. I want to be a big gnarly wolf monster! Or a kick butt dragon! But no... I' m a kawaii fox girl or a green chick :facehoof:

I also don't particularly like staring at the female NPCs and characters that are quite obviously designed for a male audience.  o_o

Like, I wish someone could make a MMO specifically for girls. And I mean a REAL MMO. Would be an interesting concept. I would like to see what would come out of a project like that.
[move=9][/move]

Night Pony

Quote from: CrabApple on 2015 Sep 20, 15:04:42

Omg you guys have no idea how much that bugs me! Like I dislike a lot of MMOs specificly for this reason. I want to be a big gnarly wolf monster! Or a kick butt dragon! But no... I' m a kawaii fox girl or a green chick :facehoof:

I also don't particularly like staring at the female NPCs and characters that are quite obviously designed for a male audience.  o_o

Like, I wish someone could make a MMO specifically for girls. And I mean a REAL MMO. Would be an interesting concept. I would like to see what would come out of a project like that.

The new character in my MMO is design with girls in mind. lol
But I feel that most will put a helmet on him that hides his face.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Little Star

^^^^^^^^^^^

Chishio Kunrin

Whenever a game has a male character whose outfit is designed for a female audience, guys throw a huge fit about it, are disgusted, and complain that they don't wanna be forced to look at that... and then they'll turn around and tell us to stop complaining about female characters' outfits. :P If that's not hypocrisy, I dunno what is.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 20, 19:12:37
Whenever a game has a male character whose outfit is designed for a female audience, guys throw a huge fit about it, are disgusted, and complain that they don't wanna be forced to look at that... and then they'll turn around and tell us to stop complaining about female characters' outfits. :P If that's not hypocrisy, I dunno what is.
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 20, 02:53:47
Another thing: it's ridiculous the way females of bestial races are portrayed 99% of the time. No matter how alien and brutish the males of a race look the females always just look like regular humans with an odd skin color and a few racial traits (horns, glowing eyes, ect).

I mean come on....

This is just...jarring!

News flash, game devs : not every female in the universe has to be attractive!

Props to Guild Wars 2 for breaking the mold with female charr, they're probably the most properly bestial females I've seen in any game. Sometimes I've mistaken some for males at first glance.
Amen.
This is one of the top 3 reasons I don't play MMOs anymore.
They also are 99% of the time dressed quite inappropriately, if I could get filters for these games I'd think about playing them...

It's just so clearly aimed at males it's sad.
CSE(City State entertainment) is one of the only ones I've seen not do it, and they even do it a little...
*sigh* I'm just done with MMOs, the people 95% of the time are jerks as well it seems...
Maybe I'm in the bad parts of it...but yeah, I'm done with any online game unless I'm playing with a friend I specifically know.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 20, 19:12:37

I have to admit to saying that I don't like a female-focused character design for male characters, but I make the distinction between disliking it and saying that it "shouldn't be like that."  There are female designs I don't like seeing either, all based on personal taste, but I chalk it up to "someone wanted to see it" and move on.

As for the whole thing about such serious dimorphism, I've always thought it would be cool for the devs to allow the player to choose the "level" of beast to human; someone might want to play a distinguished gentleman in a nice suit and a tail, or has been demonstrated earlier a highly bestial female character, and either one is fine for the individual player.  Locking it in like this does feel dramatically unfair, even if the intended audience is happy.

Night Pony

Doesn't your MMOs have a feature to change the look of the armor but with the stats of another set? That way your character looks like how you want him/her to look.

Midnight Breeze

2015 Sep 21, 04:39:08 #17209 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 21, 07:52:55 by Midnight Breeze
Anytime I see some inconsiderate slimeball deliberately parked across multiple parking spaces I can't help but think:

Taking up 2-3 parking spaces just SCREAMS narcissism and self-importance. I get it - you're paranoid of door dings, but parking like that seems like it would greatly increase the odds of your car getting "accidentally" damaged by other motorists who couldn't find a parking spot because of your egocentrism.

Besides, if you seriously can't stand regular wear and tear on your car then maybe you shouldn't be driving around a vehicle that costs as much as a house. I'm just saying.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Sep 20, 21:31:30
I have to admit to saying that I don't like a female-focused character design for male characters, but I make the distinction between disliking it and saying that it "shouldn't be like that."  There are female designs I don't like seeing either, all based on personal taste, but I chalk it up to "someone wanted to see it" and move on.

As for the whole thing about such serious dimorphism, I've always thought it would be cool for the devs to allow the player to choose the "level" of beast to human; someone might want to play a distinguished gentleman in a nice suit and a tail, or has been demonstrated earlier a highly bestial female character, and either one is fine for the individual player.  Locking it in like this does feel dramatically unfair, even if the intended audience is happy.

Though, the problem is that it's sometimes hard to find a female who isn't dressed like... that. We want there to be a better ratio of barely-dressed vs well-dressed female characters.

So, it's really unfair when there's a situation where guys get a game that has one male character with an outfit designed with female players in mind, and they have a huge tantrum about it but will still tell us to be quiet about how we feel about similarly-designed outfits on female characters.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Sep 21, 03:28:26
Doesn't your MMOs have a feature to change the look of the armor but with the stats of another set? That way your character looks like how you want him/her to look.

Perfect World has an option to change to where your character is wearing clothing but still has the armor stats. Unfortunately, the default clothing doesn't cover much either, and if you want different clothing, you have to buy it from the cash shop. :/ And... they have this system where the clothing you buy is a random color, and if you want it in a different color, you'll have to buy a bunch of dye from the cash shop.

Night Pony

2015 Sep 21, 11:09:38 #17211 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 21, 11:13:51 by Night Pony
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 21, 10:55:49
Perfect World has an option to change to where your character is wearing clothing but still has the armor stats. Unfortunately, the default clothing doesn't cover much either, and if you want different clothing, you have to buy it from the cash shop. :/ And... they have this system where the clothing you buy is a random color, and if you want it in a different color, you'll have to buy a bunch of dye from the cash shop.

Sounds the same as my game where almost all endgear players are with changed apeprance and dyed armor (me included). But then again all girls get normal play shirt + shorts and socks as inner armor (underwear) so any armor that suppose to expose skin is covered underneath.

Weird when there's a character that's made for girls in mind like this one

Most dislike him (most being males ofc but I don't really dig his look either but that's another topic) bu when there's already such a character

Nobody pays hm any attention.

Lync Volan

I'm annoyed today because i keep thinking about how Anakin turns into Darth Vader and i just keep hoping that Asoka turns the table on the original story and that doesn't happen in the 2008 CGI series, ALTERNATE DIMENSION PLEASE ovO
(then there is Rebels which i KNOW Darth Vader is in and i'm pretty sure its like a continuation so ono!)

Pipkin

Well,let's see

We have skype exploding worldwide.  This annoys me a lot because of this:
Spoiler: This is an actual copy paste from my level 1 networking fundamentals textbook.  This is what you learn before you learn networking........ • show
Fault Tolerance

The expectation is that the Internet is always available to the millions of users who rely on it. This requires a network architecture that is built to be fault tolerant. A fault tolerant network is one that limits the impact of a failure, so that the fewest number of devices are affected by it. It is also built in a way that allows quick recovery when such a failure occurs. These networks depend on multiple paths between the source and destination of a message. If one path fails, the messages can be instantly sent over a different link. Having multiple paths to a destination is known as redundancy.

Then we have me finding a bottle with nails sticking out of them lodged under my passenger side rear tire, that was a nice gifty
My house smells grossly of onions
Aaaand my work still hasn't called to give me my starting hours.  Really?

So pick one...

Lync Volan

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Sep 21, 14:43:29
Well,let's see

We have skype exploding worldwide.  This annoys me a lot because of this:
Spoiler: This is an actual copy paste from my level 1 networking fundamentals textbook.  This is what you learn before you learn networking........ • show
Fault Tolerance

The expectation is that the Internet is always available to the millions of users who rely on it. This requires a network architecture that is built to be fault tolerant. A fault tolerant network is one that limits the impact of a failure, so that the fewest number of devices are affected by it. It is also built in a way that allows quick recovery when such a failure occurs. These networks depend on multiple paths between the source and destination of a message. If one path fails, the messages can be instantly sent over a different link. Having multiple paths to a destination is known as redundancy.

Then we have me finding a bottle with nails sticking out of them lodged under my passenger side rear tire, that was a nice gifty
My house smells grossly of onions
Aaaand my work still hasn't called to give me my starting hours.  Really?

So pick one...
I'd say, "Well Look At The Bright Barely Enough Light Side" but in this case there might only be one, who ever stuck that bottle on your tire must be laughing right now so lets be happy for whoever that is X3
or we can go catch him!   

Chishio Kunrin

Despite our best efforts, our cats still have fleas! DD:
But at least it isn't an infestation anymore, I guess. :s

Chibalt

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 21, 15:29:15
Despite our best efforts, our cats still have fleas! DD:
But at least it isn't an infestation anymore, I guess. :s

Hmmm, you sure your cats aren't getting the fleas from some other animal? Like maybe a neighbor's cat or dog for example.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Lync Volan

I keep being told that i and everybody else has the "ability to do anything" which annoys me because i have been told that many times which is most certainly not true, you can try your best and might succeed but that's not always the case, you can try so many times and fail which would force you to have an "attitude" which everyone starts to blame for not being able to do certain things like you never even tried before, there's no way i'm gonna keep trying on a failed attempt until i'm like 66 years old   

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Sep 21, 15:41:42
Hmmm, you sure your cats aren't getting the fleas from some other animal? Like maybe a neighbor's cat or dog for example.

They're strictly inside cats. When they first got fleas, it was because my grandma insisted we babysit her dogs, and her dogs had fleas.

Midnight Breeze

Not surprising that I got sick with a cold considering I live in squalor. This place is filthy, there's trash everywhere, my sink is full of weeks-old dirty dishes, "clean" clothes are in a pile on my dryer,  and I haven't vacuumed or dusted in like...3 months. I'm sure there air quality in here is pretty poor.

I'm a slob, seriously. Considering my long work I could use the excuse that I'm too tired to clean in my off time, but no. I lived just as dirtily when I was unemployed.

Go Up