Servers Now Open!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Aug 08, 01:25:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2014 Aug 08, 01:25:19 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 08, 03:04:27 by Ellowee

This is it! The Legends of Equestria servers are now open! You may now log in to the game and play for the whole weekend!

If you haven't already, here are your options for downloading the game:

Linux, Mac & Windows (64-bit) clients: https://drive.google.com/#folders/0BxOFrZEgMQzSZVBCU3htX1YxV1U

Windows (32-bit) client: https://drive.google.com/#folders/0BxOFrZEgMQzSZVBCU3htX1YxV1U

Disclaimer: Downloading game files from other sites may be unsafe. They may contain viruses.

You can also find these downloads on our downloads page, http://www.legendsofequestria.com/downloads

You must have the newest game version downloaded in order to get all our brand new features! If you have an older game version from a previous open server weekend, it will not work!

Simply sign in with the same username and password that you use on the forums, and there you go!

Feel free to post any livestreams, videos, events, fanart or screenshots on our open server thread, which can be found here: http://tiny.cc/ShareWithEllowee and you may be shared on the Legends of Equestria Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook!

Dj-Pone3fan

2014 Aug 08, 01:42:40 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 08, 01:46:55 by Dj-Pone3fan
i keep getting popup that says "duplicatehandle failed" i dont know what to do ..
can some one help ?

Neganium

How do I get the Linux version to even work? I am not very adept at using it. At all. If I had any say in the matter, I would not be using it...

To be specific, my OS is Kubuntu. But I hardly think that makes a difference. I'm probably going to start getting ignored on this board, too... but I just wanted to try it out... I refuse to accept that it is not possible for a Linux user like myself to be unable to play! I must know everything about it. Everything that any normal person (who would not in their right minds would ever even use Linux) would understand.

Stormy

Quote from: Royal Engineer Pony on 2014 Aug 08, 01:53:48
How do I get the Linux version to even work? I am not very adept at using it. At all. If I had any say in the matter, I would not be using it...

To be specific, my OS is Kubuntu. But I hardly think that makes a difference. I'm probably going to start getting ignored on this board, too... but I just wanted to try it out... I refuse to accept that it is not possible for a Linux user like myself to be unable to play! I must know everything about it. Everything that any normal person (who would not in their right minds would ever even use Linux) would understand.

I'm not using Linux currently, but, given the files, I assume it's an executable/binary in which case you'd probably download it and then execute from the directory it's in on the command line without any specific command line args. That should work  (I think) as long as you've got the same processor architecture as they compiled for (x86, x86_64 I suppose), so if you have an Intel or AMD processor new enough to play the game you likely fit that profile. The OS shouldn't matter and, in theory, if you have 64 bit which one you use won't matter either but try the one for your system first (i.e. use the 64 bit one if you have a 64bit machine). If you're not certain which it is try typing 'uname -a'. Somewhere in the string it returns there should be enough info to tell which it is. Or you can look it up in whatever passes for the linux version of device manager on Kubuntu.

i.e.

download file
open command line (may be called Terminal or XTerm or half a dozen other things)
use 'cd <directory>' to change to the directory where you downloaded the zip file to
use 'unzip' or a similar tool to decompress the files
find the binary/executable in the decompressed files (may be a folder or two down)
type './LoELinux.x86' or './LoELinux.x86_64' and wait for it to finish loading.

It's probably as simple as downloading the file, using the left click menu to ask to decompress it and double clicking on the binary in the GUI, I'm just more used to the command line.

MikeMike

The download isent avallable for some reason.
It keeps responding:
That to many user's have downloded it so for some reason I cant download it.
LoE developers. do somthing, this weeked is time...
Im not gonna wait 24h till I can play the game. :l

LunaSquee

Quote from: MikeMike on 2014 Aug 08, 03:30:14
It keeps responding:

Download the torrent?

I am a web developer

Thunder Jet

All the servers are currently down in my location.

I feel sorry for the LoE team. They have so much work to do at the moment for our enjoyment.

I am thankful for your efforts, though. I hope to see more servers in better conditions.  :]

MikeMike

2014 Aug 08, 03:37:07 #7 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 08, 03:51:51 by MikeMike
Quote from: LunaSquee on 2014 Aug 08, 03:32:24
It keeps responding:

Download the torrent?

Thats exactly Wut I Did

Post Merge

It keeps saing me that to many users downloaded the files and for some reason I cant download it.
:c

Night_Star030

Quote from: Thunder Jet on 2014 Aug 08, 03:35:05
All the servers are currently down in my location.

I feel sorry for the LoE team. They have so much work to do at the moment for our enjoyment.

I am thankful for your efforts, though. I hope to see more servers in better conditions.  :]

I wonder how they are dealing with the pressure. I wish them the best... :D

Sivi

I get to the loading screen and then boom nothing it just closes itself.
And I have downloaded the new version. Is it to much people online on the server?

LisettePegasister

It doesn't work, when I download the zip it says its corrupted or something like that, windows 64bit

Azoshi

Quote from: Sivi on 2014 Aug 08, 05:00:56
I get to the loading screen and then boom nothing it just closes itself.
And I have downloaded the new version. Is it to much people online on the server?

I have the same problem.
Wish I knew what was causing it.

Sivi

Tried again and windows says its a problem with an Exe file(I have the 64 version).

Aspir

Keep getting the loading screen  :c I use the correct version, mac and everything. It doesnt close or anything, just keep loading with a "Logging in...."  ono
Ponies. 3D ponies. Ponies drawn by me. I don't care. Just ponies. oh, and also a little bit of cats. i love cats.

CoolCat2015

The only problem that i have currently is that when i log in it shows everything loading except the server listing says 1 error with items and i was like how can this happen when i downloaded the latest version of the game itself ???  ono

kemal

x64 rc1 crashed
x32 rc2: unknown software exception (0x80000003) in addr 0x770beaf1

Ryo_D_Disk

Please report any bugs to the Bug report section     

Idriss25

Quote from: LunaSquee on 2014 Aug 08, 03:32:24
It keeps responding:

Download the torrent?

You mean utorrent ? * Yeah, i'm a loser :c*

seecodenotgames

It keeps responding:

I found if you go on Google drive and right click Make a Copy and it will save a copy to your own drive folder. Then you can download it without the overload it seems.
And some servers connect others don't...

Idriss25

2014 Aug 08, 06:27:34 #19 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 01, 03:50:22 by Pipkin
WHY IT CRASHED ?!?!
[move] DD: DD: DD:
[/move]

Mod edit- please do not smiley spam

Go Up