Any idea how to animate? No?

Started by HiByeDude, 2014 Aug 12, 08:58:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HiByeDude

Uhh guys, i want to try make animation, but idk how to  do so, i also dont even know what programs to use ;P, but yeah, if anyone just tell me how that'll be great..... probably

Pipkin

ooh, I haven't done animation in YEARS, I want to get back into it as well.  There are a few animation programs out there but the one I used in the past was Flash.  As for how there are alot of youtube tutorials out there that can help you.  I started watching a couple but I forget who did the  ones i was specifically using  X3

GlassMirror

Well I prefer Flash because it seems really easy (to me), but I have something called Anime Studio Pro 9, which works with bones and stuff, and others

But other than that, are you asking for help on how to make an animation? or are you asking for a software?

my_name_is_not

It depends of the animation type... Flash has been quoted, IMO we need to talk about pivot for the stickman animations.
But it's another world... Then please more precisions author ^-^

cloudwilk

Honestly, I started animating with paint. Yea, the cheap MS program on XP. I learned a few things not to do by trying to make video's and it taught me a few early tricks with each frame. The key things you need to animate is space to draw and be able to flip and compile the images quickly so that they look like they move. That's honestly it. I would just import all my images in movie maker and set them all to a high speed (.07 or .1 is the speed I put them at when I do something with the current live movie maker.)
GIMP and photoshop are better in that you can just create layers on top of another so that you can see what your first drawing was and directly be able to make changes. It also works well in real life with pieces of paper and a light box. That's a more accurate way to animate. Some programns like Toon Boom and Flash (actual animation software) work well because of 'Onion Skin', so that you can faintly see the drawing before and just draw the next frame slightly different. Honestly, you can animate with anything.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

dr.induction

2014 Sep 03, 19:51:59 #5 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 04, 21:39:50 by dr.induction
how do i go about turning a short video clip into an animated gif icon deal? I looked it up on youtube but everyone seems to have a diff idea and makes a career out of it, i just want to do something simple. i have win7.

or not,  :c

cloudwilk

Quote from: dr.induction on 2014 Sep 03, 19:51:59
how do i go about turning a short video clip into an animated gif icon deal? I looked it up on youtube but everyone seems to have a diff idea and makes a career out of it, i just want to do something simple. i have win7.

I use GIMP.
Open GIMP.
Add your images on separate layers.
Export Image into .gif and check the save as animation box.
Voila.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

dr.induction

2014 Sep 08, 20:01:09 #7 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 08, 20:03:00 by dr.induction
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Sep 08, 17:26:43
Quote from: dr.induction on 2014 Sep 03, 19:51:59

I use GIMP.
Open GIMP.
Add your images on separate layers.
Export Image into .gif and check the save as animation box.
Voila.

I'll give GIMP a wack. thanks

Go Up