Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Okay, PS4 just got this STUPID update. Before, you could just plug in a USB, and listen to music like that. No need to disconnect if you were online, just hit the PS button. Now? You have TO SUSPEND THE GAME BEFORE OPENING THE USB. So, yeah, if I get sick of a song when I'm online, too bad. Have to suspend the whole bloody thing. This "update" was completely pointless.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 01, 12:40:48
Okay, PS4 just got this STUPID update. Before, you could just plug in a USB, and listen to music like that. No need to disconnect if you were online, just hit the PS button. Now? You have TO SUSPEND THE GAME BEFORE OPENING THE USB. So, yeah, if I get sick of a song when I'm online, too bad. Have to suspend the whole bloody thing. This "update" was completely pointless.
you can listen to your own music well your in the game?

Post Merge

I always thought the only reason anyone cared about pimples is because they wanted to "look" good but now one of mine are starting to hurt :I 

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 01, 11:40:17
The way southerners call every over-the-counter pain reliever Motrin.

Southern doctor: Did you take anything for the pain?

Southern patient: Just some Motrin.

Southern doctor: What kind?

Southern patient: Ibuprofen.

Do we? o_O
I just call Motrin "Motrin," Aleve "Aleve," and Ibuprofen "Ibuprofen."
Then again, when I was a kid, I had to take liquid Motrin every day, so for me, it doesn't make sense to call a pain reliever that isn't bright orange Motrin, pill or not.

I saw mention of stupid PS4 updates. How about the update to PS4 Netflix?!
I'll do a search and select a show or movie to look at the info, like see what it's about and what the rating is and such, and the show/movie automatically starts playing!!

I have to select Play, so the side menu will go away, hit X again to pause the movie, then hit Circle to make the time bar go away, then hit Circle again to bring the menu back up!! Why would you make it do this?! This is a horrible design!!! >:O I only want it to play if I tell it to play!!

Not to mention, there's literally no way (as far as I know) to remove something from your watch history, so you're playing a whole bunch of junk that I may not wanna watch! I'm trying to see if I wanna watch it! What, am I gonna have to start doing searches on the Netflix website or look it up on Wikipedia instead?! Fix your stupid update!!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

When I get summoned to help people in Dark Souls 2 as a blue sentinel, and the host fights the red phantom alongside me. Our whole purpose as blue sentinels is to defeat the red phantom for them, more often then not when they fight beside you the red phantom player targets them and ignores you then they get defeated and then you get sent back to your world because the one who summoned you was defeated.

It'd be better for them to hide somewhere that way if the blue sentinel does get defeated the red phantom is already injured and the host has a higher chance of winning.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Rissian on 2015 Oct 01, 16:56:29
When I get summoned to help people in Dark Souls 2 as a blue sentinel, and the host fights the red phantom alongside me. Our whole purpose as blue sentinels is to defeat the red phantom for them, more often then not when they fight beside you the red phantom player targets them and ignores you then they get defeated and then you get sent back to your world because the one who summoned you was defeated.

It'd be better for them to hide somewhere that way if the blue sentinel does get defeated the red phantom is already injured and the host has a higher chance of winning.
I didn't know Dark Souls was an online type game, i only recently got the first one because someone recommended it to me and it sounded pretty awesome (as you can tell i haven't started it yet)

Rissian

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Oct 01, 18:58:51
I didn't know Dark Souls was an online type game, i only recently got the first one because someone recommended it to me and it sounded pretty awesome (as you can tell i haven't started it yet)

Yeah, it can be played online and offline. If you're online players can invade your world, or you can summon them to help you. Did you get the PC version or console version? If you got the PC version I highly suggest finding a gamepad for it. Xbox controllers work with it by default but others need to be setup. I have DS1, DS2 and DS2 scholar for PC.

Lync Volan

2015 Oct 01, 20:28:58 #17286 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 01, 20:30:40 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Rissian on 2015 Oct 01, 19:25:06
Yeah, it can be played online and offline. If you're online players can invade your world, or you can summon them to help you. Did you get the PC version or console version? If you got the PC version I highly suggest finding a gamepad for it. Xbox controllers work with it by default but others need to be setup. I have DS1, DS2 and DS2 scholar for PC.
I got it for Ps3 given there is no way my laptop can handle a video game and i don't have enough space to get all the extra stuff i'll need for a gaming computer 

Post Merge

I fought this same wave of enemies over and over again because this glitch wouldn't let the story progress and it still won't move, now i'm searching online for solutions :l

Midnight Breeze

Bethesda says not to expect Elder Scrolls 6 until at least 2019 at the earliest. 8 years seems like a really long time between titles. It was only 5 years between Oblivion and Skyrim, and Oblivion had way more DLC than Skyrim so what's up?

It might be worth the wait if the next Elder Scrolls is set in Black Marsh, the land of the master race of Tamriel.

Jcfraven

Steam for Linux constantly stopping my download to my USB. Yes, it's a strange set up, yes I know you're uncomfortable, but guess what? Your job is download files, install them, and let me play them!

Midnight Breeze

Oh...my...God...

I had no idea that there was no sales tax on uncooked food. No wonder my food budget is so much higher than everyone elses. I eat 100% prepared food, which is taxed, ON TOP OF just plain being more expensive.

I gotta learn to cook.

Chromastone64

I can't believe it.
I am an idiot.
After all these years, I ONLY JUST realized the pun in "Kim Possible"....
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chibalt

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 02, 18:13:56
Oh...my...God...

I had no idea that there was no sales tax on uncooked food. No wonder my food budget is so much higher than everyone elses. I eat 100% prepared food, which is taxed, ON TOP OF just plain being more expensive.

I gotta learn to cook.

Well that explains that. Try starting with frying things in a frying pan first, you can get some pretty delicious food just from doing that, easy to prepare too.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 02, 18:13:56
Oh...my...God...

I gotta learn to cook.

Cooking is nowhere near as hard as a lot of people make it out to be, heck just read a few guides online and you'll be fine. I've always just followed the recipe for larger stuff, and for normal things like meat and such it's just a matter of making sure it's fully cooked and trying out different seasonings you like. Lemon pepper is really good with chicken but so are many other things. A lot of times cooking can be like art if you have a lot of spices. One key thing is to taste different spices on your finger first then use them if you think it'll be good with what you're cooking. You can also mix two spices you like together and taste them the same way to see if they work out well.

Generally if you get used to it and know what you're doing cooking your own food tastes much better than pre-prepared food. (And costs less.)

Midnight Breeze

My credit score is about to reach 800 and I'm getting boatloads of junk mail from lenders begging me to take out a loan or open a line of credit.

Yeah, I'm probably the only person on Earth who could find an excuse to complain about having a high credit score.

Stardust Dragon

I can't tell if I'm getting seriously biased towards Carl's Jr commercials, or they're TRYING to tick me off.  I posted a while ago about one of their commercials and their latest ones are still grating against me like sandpaper.  I don't care if it's an attempt at parody or going over-the-top, I don't find those things funny or intriguing at all.  To say nothing of the burger itself (don't regularly eat there, it's not fair for me to judge the product).

Jcfraven

The feeling of knowing that, even with the best intentions in mind, you're in the wrong, accepting you're in the wrong, but not being able to do anything about the wrong in which you did. I'd elaborate, but there would be a lot to cover, and this thread isn't for that kind of thing to begin with.

Sweet Brew

Just heard a story that's not really that funny...
But I'm laughing...
Does that make me a bad person?

I'm not trying to laugh.
But the guy kinda deserved what happened to him.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 04, 06:00:59
Just heard a story that's not really that funny...
But I'm laughing...
Does that make me a bad person?

I'm not trying to laugh.
But the guy kinda deserved what happened to him.
i laugh at the worst possible things and i'm not sure how to control myself so i'm pretty sure your an ok person

Midnight Breeze

I got a totally minuscule check this week. Turns out I only got paid for 3 days. I missed work Monday because of a cold, worked Tuesday-Friday but forgot my badge on Wednesday so I didn't get paid by the automated system even though the security guard was supposed to clock me in.  >:/

I told the boss man and he says I'll get the pay on next weeks check, plus it will count as overtime so I'll get compensated for the error, which is good.

I had to pay my rent this week, so it's a good thing I'm not living check-to-check or I'd have been in a bind.

Chromastone64

2015 Oct 05, 09:17:37 #17299 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 05, 09:55:57 by Chromastone64
I'm 17. I wear a dark coat, nearly always have headphones on, and generally look like a clumsy mess most of the time.
This meant it was apparently "stupid of me" to absolutely EXPLODE at some JERK who was trying to get a religious person to take their turban off. Apparently us teen should just walk by and let this behavior slide.
Um, NO FREAKING WAY.

Go Up