Fire Emblem!

Started by Book Smarts, 2012 Oct 05, 14:13:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

I just decided to pick Fire Emblem Rekka No Ken up again and I've already put 15 hours into the game. I also have Sacred Stones on my 3DS and I'm hoping to get Shadow Dragon one day along with the future 3DS game when it's released in America.  X3

MurphyMcFiddle

Fire emblems are the best of all strategy games at nintendo!I understand your enthusiasm,i played all the GBA era fire emblem and am almost done with sacred stones without a single death or walkthrough uses! :D
I can't remember if Rekka no Ken was the one with Roy?Mind telling me?

Book Smarts

Quote from: MurphyMcFiddle on 2012 Oct 05, 15:34:56
Fire emblems are the best of all strategy games at nintendo!I understand your enthusiasm,i played all the GBA era fire emblem and am almost done with sacred stones without a single death or walkthrough uses! :D

It's a prologue featuring Eliwood, Roy's father

MurphyMcFiddle

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 05, 15:58:44
Quote from: MurphyMcFiddle on 2012 Oct 05, 15:34:56

It's a prologue featuring Eliwood, Roy's father

Ah...Thats what i get for playing games in japanese,which reminds me that i should the first one too!I also played radiant dawn halfway before i realized it was actualy second to another game...About when i saw Ike i facehoofed a couple'a times and went to buy path of Radiance.Some allowance well spent if you ask me! :D

Book Smarts

I've never touched the console versions, only the gameboy versions  :c

MurphyMcFiddle

Not that much of a shame there!What im saying is you're not missing out on anything,except some story element.That always end up being explained in the following game if its that relevant.Besides, theres this awesome new one on the Ds that didn't come out outside japan, cardridges work regardless of were you bought your Ds or GBA!And thats something all console just dont have!I don't think you missed much of Ike's story if you plan on getting the 3DS game,from what i heard,he's just a Dlc anyway.

Lary

The console versions are a joke.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Ike can solo the entire game in Path of Radiance.
I would say he could in Radiant Dawn as well, but there are some missions where he's not available. He's still as overpowered as he was in the previous game.

One word.

Aether
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

MurphyMcFiddle

Thats annoyingly true :c i dont think i've seen him die except one time when a critical hit weakened him and got killed by a silver lance.By the way book Smarts,you might just give the Ds games a try,they'r just longer and they got a pretty similar multiplayer mode to the sacred stones so...Its worth trying.

Book Smarts

Quote from: MurphyMcFiddle on 2012 Oct 05, 17:52:00
Thats annoyingly true :c i dont think i've seen him die except one time when a critical hit weakened him and got killed by a silver lance.By the way book Smarts,you might just give the Ds games a try,they'r just longer and they got a pretty similar multiplayer mode to the sacred stones so...Its worth trying.

Yeah  :D

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 05, 17:24:57
The console versions are a joke.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Ike can solo the entire game in Path of Radiance.
I would say he could in Radiant Dawn as well, but there are some missions where he's not available. He's still as overpowered as he was in the previous game.

One word.

Aether

I never liked the concept of the animal shapeshifter characters

MurphyMcFiddle

If you're familiar with emulation you might as well try fire emblem 12 Heroes of shadow ,i heard theres an translation project somewhere 'round the internet. : l
Anyways, if you get shadow dragon(FE11 i think) you could always Pm me,its possible to loan/borrow units from another player over wi-fi,in case those desert levels bring you down *wink Cavalry,wink wink*.You can also buy shop items online too.For FE12 you get to create your own character so its worth playing even if i can't read any of it. ^-^

Book Smarts

Quote from: MurphyMcFiddle on 2012 Oct 05, 18:47:32
If you're familiar with emulation you might as well try fire emblem 12 Heroes of shadow ,i heard theres an translation project somewhere 'round the internet. : l
Anyways, if you get shadow dragon(FE11 i think) you could always Pm me,its possible to loan/borrow units from another player over wi-fi,in case those desert levels bring you down *wink Cavalry,wink wink*.You can also buy shop items online too.For FE12 you get to create your own character so its worth playing even if i can't read any of it. ^-^

I heard about the translated version, I'm almost done with Rekka, I just got to the cave of trials

Flamestriker

Well, we've completed the original Fire Emblem (and killed that dragon) and we've almost finished Radiant Dawn (I wish the final boss wasn't always one with KO-ing my characters, even when they're at max lvl). I don't like the console one as much as the hand held.
[move][/move]

MurphyMcFiddle

Final bosses are always the "One-hit Wonder" of the fire emblem games,Ephraim got 1-hited in the last chapter of the sacred stones.Except for some few exceptions...Like in the beginning of Shadow dragon >.<
I wont spoil any of them' details but skiping the prologue is one reason enough to play on hard... :l

Book Smarts

2012 Oct 10, 00:19:22 #13 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 10, 01:13:11 by Book Smarts
I'm soooooo close to beating Rekka No Ken!

I have to keep restarting, but it's close

Edit: And it's done! I just beat my first Fire Emblem game  :D

Go Up