Do You Idolize Anyone?

Started by Lync Volan, 2015 Mar 01, 03:18:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Be it a singer or actor and or Cartoon/Anime character do you have anyone at all that you Idolize?
have certain reasons? mind sharing those reasons?

Midnight Breeze

2015 Mar 01, 03:36:23 #1 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 01, 03:39:58 by Midnight Breeze
Michio Kaku I suppose. He's sort of a figurehead of modern science, and he's got to be the coolest science popularizer ever. If he ran for president I would absolutely vote for him, even though he has no political expertise.

[/youtube]

Skip to 25:30 for an example of how epic he is.

Neil deGrasse Tyson would be in second place.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 01, 03:36:23
Michio Kaku I suppose. He's sort of a figurehead of modern science
i don't know too much about science but i have recently read up on things like "Nanotech" and the likes Anyways! i always thought Stephen Hawking's was the most iconic Science person? but that could just because of my lack of interest to look farther into it
but if i had to Idolize someone cause of Science it would be Princess Bubblegum or Jumba Jookiba

Nuserame

Enope. Never really have actually, guess its not in my character.

Next contestant!
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Lync Volan

Quote from: Nuserame on 2015 Mar 01, 09:23:50
Enope. Never really have actually, guess its not in my character.

Next contestant!
even though this is answering the question i can't help but feel strange about your answer :s 

Nuserame

Well you asked lol

Let me elaborate: I have people I admire, but I don't idolize them mostly because admirable or not, they are still people. I feel idolizing them does both me and them a disservice because by doing so you stop seeing them as people (an idol is an divine image of worship in the literal sense), and place expectations on them that no human can fulfill. You set yourself up for disappointment, and whoever you idolize for all sorts undue stress.

Or maybe I'm taking this question much too literally.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Lync Volan

Quote from: Nuserame on 2015 Mar 01, 11:13:19
Or maybe I'm taking this question much too literally.
yes you are lol
but i do kinda agree so who do you admire then?

Go Up