The Book of Life movie

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2014 Oct 23, 02:46:16

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

The Book of Life is coming out this October, and it looks awesome both story-wise and visually!
The guy who wrote it actually had a lot of trouble getting it produced and put into theaters because a lot of companies felt that it's "not universal" and "doesn't have an audience." That's kind of stupid. It looks like a really beautiful, fun, interesting adventure movie.

Anyway, figured I'd take a shot at posting about it here in hopes that it'll pique some interest in you guys. There are a lot of people who don't know about it, and Tumblr is trying to fix that by spreading the word about it, so it can get the attention it deserves.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ChibiGrrl

Ohmygosh yesh! I've been planning to see this movie for so long! ^^
As of today, I have still yet to see it in theaters though...  X3

Still, it's good to see that somepony else knows of it

A88mph

It wasn't a bad movie. I'd say 4/5. The bad guy reminded me a little of Discord, but a lot more of Hades from Disney's Hercules.
Wherever you go, You're always there.

Chishio Kunrin

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the movie. Sadly, I don't have the money to see it, but I'm hoping people who do have the money will go see it to help support it. ^-^

I've heard that it's beautiful, entertaining, and has a really good story and really good characters.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ShadowHoof

I'll be grabbing it day one on BD.  A 3D and/or Steelbook version if I can get it.

Ohhhh, I can just see the steelbook design.  I hope that if it does get a steelbook, they go all-out on it.  It could turn out wonderfully.  The movie will probably be good too XD

cloudwilk

I remember I wasn't looking forward to this movie XP Something about those dead/Halloween animated tales never appealed to me... like Monster House, Paranorman, Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie... Even the Nightmare Before Christmas didn't grab me. I just don't like that style. But I'm going to have to see this one way or another.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

BobTheFloof

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Dec 08, 09:58:30
I remember I wasn't looking forward to this movie XP Something about those dead/Halloween animated tales never appealed to me... like Monster House, Paranorman, Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie... Even the Nightmare Before Christmas didn't grab me. I just don't like that style. But I'm going to have to see this one way or another.

Oh trust me, it's much more light hearted than any of those. It is very much an adorable romance and not anything really dark.

But anyways, Book of life was an excellent movie, one of the best of the year actually. I heard the director wanted to make 2 more movies based off of it...nothing's greenlighted yet obviously but I'd love to see more.

Chromastone64

I'm not lying when I say I had to trick my mum into buying this: I saw it said it was "an adventure filled with music" on the back of the box, and if my Mum knows there's singing in it, she will NEVER buy it.
So I didn't show her the back  ^-^
I really enjoyed the film, Xibalba reminds me of Discord too. What I wouldn't for there to be a real Land of The Unfogotten.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up