Limited Access Release Applications! [CLOSED]

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Nov 07, 19:49:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

m8

Do you guys have a bug database we can browse through? I'm curious to see what type of bugs we can expect to file.

Morphius

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Nov 10, 23:57:42
I imagine LoE being one of the most popular MMO's amongst bronies and children.

The game is built by a team that isn't a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard, Wargaming, Nexon, etc. The people that have built this game has been entirely done by many people who volunteered to put in their skills to help the games development. I guess you would say it's a community effort that is directly team based.

They use as much of their time as possible to continue to build the game. It takes so much dedication to build any video game. It's taken years for LoE to reach where it stands now as it'll come to be officially released I believe in early 2017??

The Limited Access Release is basically a clean up stage. To hunt down bugs that still exist before games prior release. However, even games that we play today that have been out for years still have bugs in them but are very small and un-noticeable. But big bugs and errors such as script errors are serious and can give the player a bad experience.

Since the game is Free To Play, there will never be any addons or special items that you could buy with real money. That would just ruin the game. Many games today that are MMO's have those options because it's what gives the company money to be able to create another game of that series.

I'd imagine sometime years later when LoE has been out for awhile, I could probably see them creating another version of the game but on a top of the line game engine such as Unreal Engine 4 or whatever is updated at the time or they stick with Unity. They're both good game engines. I took a game programming class in high school. That didn't go so well but I still passed the semester for my elective credit.. somehow  :s .

Anyway, since the first OSW which took place on July 5th, 2013, there have been many bugs that we as a community have been finding to be fixed. The game itself has come a very long way since the stress test which was the pre-alpha stage which I was a part of. Boy, it was a naked game! There was really nothing to do during that time lol.
But all that has changed! The game itself now is pretty solid even in the last OSW but there were still bugs and even some major errors that you had to do some looking in order to find them.

This is really one of the only other projects that Hasbro has not tried to demolish because of the names of the cities, towns and villages and other stuff that were changed and didn't match what the show actually had. MLP Fighting is Magic was supposed to be one of the most popular fighting games in the brony community but we all know how that turned out... but there's a tribute version of that game so it didn't die out entirely. No one can stop the brony fandom. Which I'm glad LoE didn't get screwed on by them because of how much time and effort has been put into this game. So much love, care and dedication and the community has helped the game to where it currently stands and hopefully will be officially released in the coming months.

I certainly hope that this post can be agreed upon and given a hoof bump.

Cheers!

BludSpammd

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Nov 10, 23:57:42
I imagine LoE being one of the most popular MMO's amongst bronies and children.

The game is built by a team that isn't a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard, Wargaming, Nexon, etc. The people that have built this game has been entirely done by many people who volunteered to put in their skills to help the games development. I guess you would say it's a community effort that is directly team based.

They use as much of their time as possible to continue to build the game. It takes so much dedication to build any video game. It's taken years for LoE to reach where it stands now as it'll come to be officially released I believe in early 2017??

The Limited Access Release is basically a clean up stage. To hunt down bugs that still exist before games prior release. However, even games that we play today that have been out for years still have bugs in them but are very small and un-noticeable. But big bugs and errors such as script errors are serious and can give the player a bad experience.

Since the game is Free To Play, there will never be any addons or special items that you could buy with real money. That would just ruin the game. Many games today that are MMO's have those options because it's what gives the company money to be able to create another game of that series.

I'd imagine sometime years later when LoE has been out for awhile, I could probably see them creating another version of the game but on a top of the line game engine such as Unreal Engine 4 or whatever is updated at the time or they stick with Unity. They're both good game engines. I took a game programming class in high school. That didn't go so well but I still passed the semester for my elective credit.. somehow  :s .

Anyway, since the first OSW which took place on July 5th, 2013, there have been many bugs that we as a community have been finding to be fixed. The game itself has come a very long way since the stress test which was the pre-alpha stage which I was a part of. Boy, it was a naked game! There was really nothing to do during that time lol.
But all that has changed! The game itself now is pretty solid even in the last OSW but there were still bugs and even some major errors that you had to do some looking in order to find them.

This is really one of the only other projects that Hasbro has not tried to demolish because of the names of the cities, towns and villages and other stuff that were changed and didn't match what the show actually had. MLP Fighting is Magic was supposed to be one of the most popular fighting games in the brony community but we all know how that turned out... but there's a tribute version of that game so it didn't die out entirely. No one can stop the brony fandom. Which I'm glad LoE didn't get screwed on by them because of how much time and effort has been put into this game. So much love, care and dedication and the community has helped the game to where it currently stands and hopefully will be officially released in the coming months.

I certainly hope that this post can be agreed upon and given a hoof bump.

Cheers!

That was very nice of you to say. Things like this is what inspires us to keep pushing our limits and expand upon the game.
It's not as expansive as your typical MMO, but as long as there is an interest to help developing the game and play it then the LoE universe will keep expanding.

Morphius

2016 Nov 11, 18:23:31 #63 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 11, 18:27:05 by Morphius
Quote from: BludSpammd on 2016 Nov 11, 05:59:09
That was very nice of you to say. Things like this is what inspires us to keep pushing our limits and expand upon the game.
It's not as expansive as your typical MMO, but as long as there is an interest to help developing the game and play it then the LoE universe will keep expanding.

Then expand towards the stars! :D
The Beta Release would be 20% Cooler with Dodge Junction, Los Pegasus, Manehattan, Stalliongrad, Gigantum, & Trottingham! Though the question is...: Will we still have our character data from the Alpha release upon transfer to the Beta release...?

~RainCloud

Quote from: Morphius on 2016 Nov 11, 18:23:31

Then expand towards the stars! :D
The Beta Release would be 20% Cooler with Dodge Junction, Los Pegasus, Manehattan, Stalliongrad, Gigantum, & Trottingham! Though the question is...: Will we still have our character data from the Alpha release upon transfer to the Beta release...?

You know, I actually wonder if they're gonna do something like that later on after the games Official Release, open to the public forever.

It'd be cool really to have patches like that cause you know all the quests can be done within a few days if played non stop I think. They probably will, they haven't said a word about it though but we'll see I guess.

Devs, if you haven't thought about expanding LoE to those Equestrian Cities, PLEASE do that!  :3
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

tigergirl09

FINALLY!!!!! *-*
Let's hope I am in... Nothing else to do.... only a hope and waiting...
I am leaving this forum because I am moving to another house and there is no wi-fi and internet.
The second reason is that I don't like my forum name.
Bye everypony.
                                                                  ~tigergirl09

Cyan Spark

Quote from: Morphius on 2016 Nov 11, 18:23:31
The Beta Release would be 20% Cooler with Dodge Junction, Los Pegasus, Manehattan, Stalliongrad, Gigantum, & Trottingham!

The unlinked cities on the wiki don't mean that they're coming out in the Beta release. It's just there from information gathered during team Q&As! :]
And Gigantum is really really far off in the future, if it even gets implemented at all.
Blue Ink mentioned it in passing, saying that it was meant to be an obstacle course map, with something to do with chaos.

Cooly568

Quote from: m8 on 2016 Nov 11, 00:22:36
Do you guys have a bug database we can browse through? I'm curious to see what type of bugs we can expect to file.

That would be dang-a-dang useful. Like a bug tracker we would be able to submit to.

LPatamon

And everyone who filled the application for the limited access release (myself included XD) will be checking their forum inbox like this:

Good Luck to everyone! :D

inum76

Got my application in.  :D

I did play around in SL about eight years ago, and thought at first when I fist saw this back when it was new that this might end up to be something like SL. But from what I can see, this is so much more than that, and will love to give this a test run.

After some time, and the developers wish to expand on this some more, that is well beyond what it is now and have it working well, I think a good expansion to the game might be including other playable character options. Something like being able to play as a griffin or diamond dog, or anything else one can think of.

I though a dragon might fit, but they get so BIG! and that would not be good, nor easy to add as playable.

OH' in time changelings might make for an interesting change to add as either playable or just to see in the game as an NPC, including their new form shown on the last episode of the sixth seasons. And they did have a variety to them after that. 

Well, if I am picked, see you all there.  ^-^

WizzlePiff

Quote from: LPatamon on 2016 Nov 13, 00:49:04
And everyone who filled the application for the limited access release (myself included XD) will be checking their forum inbox like this:

Exactly me right now  :P just now and then.. checking the website... in hope.. but time will tell  :D  <3

EpicLPer

Thrasher Dash

Quote from: LPatamon on 2016 Nov 13, 00:49:04

Haha!
Same.
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

NapalmStyles

<br /><br />"Doing nothing is very hard to do. You never know when you're finished."

HaroWolf

Actually stoked about this, I always check the website daily for anything new and to see if they open up the servers to mess around and have fun. Now that stable servers will be a thing I can enjoy more in exploring Equestria. 
All these squares make a muffin.

Aqua Splash

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2016 Nov 08, 23:49:07
Just don't forget the purpose of this Limited Access is to find bugs and give feedback to improve the game.
Work 1st, Fun latter  -.-

Ho, so this is the only way to find the pony eating cupboard 2.0 I guess.

Unrelated side note: may have screwed up and written my forum name as Aquasplash in the applications instead. Grr.
What the heck is a gravitas?

ILM126

Whew, applied! Now, the waiting game is on :D

CuddlySylvy

Look kitty, a wizard

[insert grumpy cat meme here]

Go Up