Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Why do metalheads dislike disturbed so much? Disturbed is my favorite band! Are they really the Justin Bieber of metal?  ono

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 10, 02:05:36
Why do metalheads dislike disturbed so much? Disturbed is my favorite band! Are they really the Justin Bieber of metal?  ono

Why would anyone dislike Disturbed?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sweet Brew

2015 Jul 10, 03:44:17 #16582 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 10, 03:48:48 by Sweet Brew
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 10, 02:05:36
Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jul 10, 02:15:26
Why would anyone dislike Disturbed?
Land of confusion! :D
My Mom looooves them, so I know a lot of their stuff.

When you have a problem you can't tell anyone about...or talk to anyone about...even to strangers because of reasons...which you can't say why...but you have a big problem which needs to be worked out...
Gosh, I hate these vague riddles...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Jul 10, 03:44:17
Land of confusion! :D
My Mom looooves them, so I know a lot of their stuff.

Land of Confusion isn't their song, they only did a cover of it.

I'm just glad to see them back form hiatus. The Vengeful One is a great song, though the music video is admittedly lackluster.  >:/

Chromastone64

Okay, this kind of annoyed me.
Last night I remembered a game I played years ago, when I was young, and let me ask you:
Does this look like a really happy game?

Well it isn't. The ending to this game makes me depressed every time I think about it. It's freaking mature...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Elphyda

Waking up numerous times throughout the night.

Chishio Kunrin

I went on Tumblr and discovered that all links now look exactly the same as regular text, so you have to actually hover over the text to see that it's a link. >:/ *Siiiigh* Of all the stupid updates... Seriously, if this isn't just some really weird thing that only I am experiencing and is actually an update, this is the dumbest site update anyone could ever think of.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Got my first paycheck and my employer didn't give me my 50 cent an hour shift diff that was agreed upon at hiring. I want my $15.50 you owe me, dang it! Gonna have to call HR and get it sorted out.

In other news, my fed income tax witholdings are smaller than my sosec tax. Dang, my tax burden is so miniscule it ain't even funny.

Stardust Dragon

2015 Jul 10, 12:25:15 #16588 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 10, 14:07:40 by Stardust Dragon
Place I was trying to apply to LOST my written application, how I don't know.  I got a second one in, but now they need me to get in for an interview before 11 today so they can put me in the same orientation with some other folk on Monday.  Did I mention I'm a creature of the night who needs time to get rolling in the morning?  :s  I just hope they don't ask any ludicrous questions, or my sleepy brain might screw something up.

Edit: and as it turns out,  because I worked there already, they didn't need to interview me in the first place!  How wondrous!  :l
After this debacle I'm feeling like this is spiteful, however I realize it's just a long string of unfortunate accidents and confusions, so I'm not going to berate anyone.  Right now, I just wanna crawl back into bed and sleep it all off...

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 10, 03:49:04
Land of Confusion isn't their song, they only did a cover of it.

Me making a fool of myself annoys me... :ajshifty:

PrincessButton

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Jul 10, 13:38:04
Me making a fool of myself annoys me... :ajshifty:
You're all good, I love the cover they did of that song, and I didn't know the original song until after I'd heard the cover.

This conversation makes me wonder what ever happened to my Disturbed shirt........ Last time I remember having it was like 3 years ago, at the state fair.... but I don't remember getting rid of it. D; I hate when I spontaneously remember a piece of clothing went missing.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Midnight Breeze

Want to see a look of pure hatred and venom? Pull out a LoneStar card in the grocery line. Because God forbid I choose to utilize the welfare programs that I PAY INTO!

Yeah, I was using the last of my food stamps that I got when I was unemployed. Apparently seeing a young, able bodied man accepting 'handouts' is unacceptable to some. I received $198 per month, which is the maximum amount for a single-person household. I got food stamps for 3 months, so that's not even $600. I'm going to pay a LOOOOOT more than that into the welfare system over my lifetime, so there was no handout, it's basically a form of unemployment insurance.

I don't understand why food stamps are the only form of welfare that have such a negative stigma attached to them. Does anyone call seniors parasites for utilizing social security and medicare? No, nor should they. So why do people feel the need to make those who are already down on their luck feel despised?

If you're over the age for 40 and have never received any welfare benefits in your life, then you're a VERY privileged human being, it means you have always had a reliable source of steady income, a privilege not everyone can boast.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 11, 09:09:38
Want to see a look of pure hatred and venom? Pull out a LoneStar card in the grocery line. Because God forbid I choose to utilize the welfare programs that I PAY INTO!

Yeah, I was using the last of my food stamps that I got when I was unemployed. Apparently seeing a young, able bodied man accepting 'handouts' is unacceptable to some. I received $198 per month, which is the maximum amount for a single-person household. I got food stamps for 3 months, so that's not even $600. I'm going to pay a LOOOOOT more than that into the welfare system over my lifetime, so there was no handout, it's basically a form of unemployment insurance.

I don't understand why food stamps are the only form of welfare that have such a negative stigma attached to them. Does anyone call seniors parasites for utilizing social security and medicare? No, nor should they. So why do people feel the need to make those who are already down on their luck feel despised?

If you're over the age for 40 and have never received any welfare benefits in your life, then you're a VERY privileged human being, it means you have always had a reliable source of steady income, a privilege not everyone can boast.

Because there's this idiotic stigma that if you can't afford all your necessities, it automatically means you're lazy, worthless human garbage who has no interest in contributing to society.

People with this view are the greatest stumbling block for people who need assistance of any kind, and they're often also the kind of people who turn their noses up at the homeless and act as a stumbling block for homeless people to get help.

Not every poor or homeless person is in that situation by their own fault. Yes, there are people who abuse the system to live without working, but it's extremely sad that so many people are willing to let the people who need help struggle just because of the ones who abuse the system. People need to stop assuming the worst of every single person who carries a food stamp card.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 11, 11:23:36
Not every poor or homeless person is in that situation by their own fault. Yes, there are people who abuse the system to live without working

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone could live on welfare indefinately without working. Benefits are simply not enough to cover everything, unless you live for free with someone else. Section 8 housing usually doesn't cover the entire housing cost, and even TANF only has a maximum benefit of like, what, $100 a week for a single parent with 2 kids? Yeah, that'll pay for a diaper or 2.

My niece is a single mother and section 8 only subsidizes her $550 a month apartment down to $90 a month. And since for some stupid reason no form of welfare covers childcare costs she has to pay for daycare so that she can work part time as a waitress to make enough money to cover the welfare cracks.

Of course, she wasn't born into poverty, so if she comes up short she can just ask her mom for money to help. A lot of people however don't have that luxury because mom is in the same situation as them. I really don't know how they make it.

Itty Bit

When everything is fine until Windows updates, and then suddenly my laptop completely breaks, and nothing works anymore.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 11, 11:48:20
I find it very difficult to believe that anyone could live on welfare indefinately without working. Benefits are simply not enough to cover everything, unless you live for free with someone else. Section 8 housing usually doesn't cover the entire housing cost, and even TANF only has a maximum benefit of like, what, $100 a week for a single parent with 2 kids? Yeah, that'll pay for a diaper or 2.

My niece is a single mother and section 8 only subsidizes her $550 a month apartment down to $90 a month. And since for some stupid reason no form of welfare covers childcare costs she has to pay for daycare so that she can work part time as a waitress to make enough money to cover the welfare cracks.

Of course, she wasn't born into poverty, so if she comes up short she can just ask her mom for money to help. A lot of people however don't have that luxury because mom is in the same situation as them. I really don't know how they make it.
Where I used to live the people would have no job and be able to afford a Ferrari and a really nice house only off of welfare, see they pulled a lot of racial benefit stuff on top of welfare so they were getting paid some insane amount of money just to live.

We sadly though had to move like gypsies the past 5-6 years though because the welfare didn't even scratch our needs because of our race...
We were even homeless for a year and a half, thankfully some people let us stay with them for as long as we needed though...

The welfare system is so broken.
90% of people I see abuse it, and then the honest people like you and me that really need it...get dirty look at the cash register because they think that we're those people... DD:

*sigh* Why can't we live in Ponyville? :s A single song montage would solve all our problems...
Well...I guess even Sweet Apple Acres has it's financial problems... -.-

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Jul 11, 14:04:39
We sadly though had to move like gypsies the past 5-6 years though

It sucks that it's not common knowledge that the proper term is Romani. :\ "Gypsy" is actually considered offensive by the Romani people, as it was a rude name applied to them in the old days. It's also improper to use the term "gypped" to mean you got cheated or swindled, as it relates to the word "gypsy" and the rude treatment of the Romani people.

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 11, 09:09:38

Just because someone hasn't ever received welfare doesn't mean they're privileged, people work for their jobs and not all jobs get rid of you once you turn 40 because different people from different places offer those jobs and not everyone thinks someone is useless after they reach 40.

Most posts you seem to make are satire insults to people of different groups, simply because they're not in the same slump. Life isn't fair and just complaining about it all the time and insulting others is not how you get farther in it. People work for what they do have so they don't have to get welfare and leech off a system designed for people who can't work. According to you these people are privileged though, and yes there are many people who even if they barely get by refuse welfare so that other people who actually need it can get it with less problems. Lord forbid someone have good intentions suffer for those intentions and be labeled privileged because of it.  :l

My family is in that group, we refuse welfare and some days we got by simply by eating rice or other minuscule nutrient food like packaged ramen which was not healthy to eat. We may be doing better for now but we've had debt issues before and anything can cause them again.

Chishio Kunrin

The fact that people think it's unfair that PewDiePie makes a lot of money.

Here's what these people don't seem to think about:
1. He doesn't just sit down, play a video game, and then chill for a week or two while his videos are released. He has to actually edit the videos, make sure that the webcam footage and game footage are synched up properly, and make sure his audio is synched up properly with the webcam footage and game footage. He also has to make sure that the video renders properly. Generally, most Let's Players spend hours recording and then hours editing and rendering. This is especially true for those who are perfectionists about the quality of their videos (example: Cryaotic).

2. Youtubers are entertainers. It doesn't matter if you make Let's Plays, skits, cover songs, lists, reviews, game guides, How To's, etc. I don't see anyone saying "It's so unfair that Johnny Depp makes so much money when all he does is stand in front of a camera and talk!" Entertainment is a business. Entertainers making a lot of money because people enjoy their content is not unfair.

And if your gripe is that PewDiePie's style of entertainment is horrible and unfunny, then
1. That's your opinion, and it doesn't change the fact that there are people who find him entertaining.
2. Like PewDiePie said, if you find someone else funnier, more entertaining, and more deserving of earning a lot of money, then support that other Youtuber.

Elphyda

Anxiety.  Just... Anxiety.

Go Up