Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 29, 05:00:33
So, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, currently playing the Ventus story.
I got to Disney Town, and there's this stupid ice cream minigame that I'm terrible at, but apparently it's required if I wanna continue the game's story. UGH. If I have to try and fail that stupid minigame a dozen more times, I'm gonna scream.
That part of the game is horrible ovO!

Chromastone64

I want to make a thread about theme song for my OCs, but I dont know whether to put it in the Music board or the OC board...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jun 29, 11:38:58
That part of the game is horrible ovO!

Seriously, if I can't get past that part, I'm going to scream so loudly and powerfully that it will pierce the 4th Dimension and keep going, and then I will have someone else do it for me! :I

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

It took me a while, but eventually I got used to the Ice Cream Beat (I think that was the name?). The big problem for me was (Cue the internet raging at me) I HATE It's A Small World...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jun 29, 19:54:27 #16504 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 30, 00:41:45 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jun 29, 19:22:44
It took me a while, but eventually I got used to the Ice Cream Beat (I think that was the name?). The big problem for me was (Cue the internet raging at me) I HATE It's A Small World...

I wish it was just Simon... None of this "You have a time limit to switch to each duck and hit the button at the right time."

Post Merge

That feeling where you don't wanna do anything, at all, and you don't feel like going to sleep yet, so you just sit there feeling like your mind has gone numb. o_o

Elphyda

Grizzly

getting online too late or too early  :l

I HATE THAT!!!
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jun 30, 13:24:06 #16507 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 30, 14:10:02 by Chishio Kunrin
Data use limits.

Our internet data use limit is 250GB. Yesterday, somehow, between me, my mom, and my friend, we used 25.8GB of data. The biggest problem was probably my friend watching 7 or 8 episodes of a show on Netflix.

I hate that we're having to be careful and limit ourselves on how much of anything we stream. I'm even nervous about watching Youtube, since some of the stuff I'm wanting to watch is hours long. I wanna watch a Let's Play of FF7: Crisis Core, which is, like I said, hours of video. I've fallen way behind on it because of this stupid data limit. And when I finish KH: BBS, I'm gonna have to time it just right when I go to look up KH: 3D cutscenes.

Post Merge

Person A: It's not X, it's Y!
Me: Actually, it is X. Let me explain why you're wrong.
Person B: Whoa, calm down, (me). No one's saying it's not X. Seriously, just calm down and sip some tea.

I...
Can you not read?! :/ Person A literally said "It's not X." Don't sit there and make me out to be some outraged unreasonable fool, who's misunderstanding a situation, when Person A plainly and clearly said literally what you just said no one's saying. I went into that whole explanation, providing proof of why Person A is wrong, because sometimes on the Internet, if all you do is say "No, you're wrong, it is X," Person A will come back and say "No YOU'RE wrong, it's not X!" It's better to cut the argument short by explaining why Person A is wrong and providing proof/evidence on your first reply.

I was calm when I typed that. So don't come in telling me to calm down and trying to act like there was no reason for me to say that by saying "No one is saying it's not X!"

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 30, 13:24:06
Data use limits.

Our internet data use limit is 250GB. Yesterday, somehow, between me, my mom, and my friend, we used 25.8GB of data. The biggest problem was probably my friend watching 7 or 8 episodes of a show on Netflix.

Sounds like a pretty shady ISP to me. I've never heard of any internet plan that imposes data limits. Well, unless you're using dial-up like a caveman.

Peace Keeper

I changed from ATT to Time Warner cause there was a data limit on the contract. Once it reaches that limit, it is purposely slowed down, and fees went up.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Greyscaleisme

Spoiler: Depressing stuff. • show
Heh, odd, isn't it? Depression; it doesn't seem so bad at first, but, you start wanting to just, sleep, and you forget to do so many things. You can't find the energy to even type, and it sucks... I've lost so much life to sleep, but, I don't regret it, it's peaceful in sleep. Your mind is calm, and you're safe, it's just, better...

I don't want to stay awake, I just want to sleep...

'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

Why does the interior of the Ford Focus EV have to be so ugly? Give me black leather and I'll give you my checkbook, Ford.

Chishio Kunrin

My friend's parents get really angry at her if she doesn't respond to a single text message from them within 5 minutes, and yet when she tries to contact them for something important or ask them an important question, they don't pick up the phone or text her back for hours. Sometimes, she can't get in contact with them at all.

She was supposed to be home by 8:00. The only person who is, supposedly, available to take her home is her dad. She texted him at 7:30, asking him to come pick her up. They live, like, 5 minutes away. He didn't text back. After about 20-30 minutes, she called him twice. Both times, he didn't pick up. He hasn't called back, and he hasn't shown up. It is now 9:05.

:facehoof:

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 30, 22:05:36
My friend's parents get really angry at her if she doesn't respond to a single text message from them within 5 minutes, and yet when she tries to contact them for something important or ask them an important question, they don't pick up the phone or text her back for hours. Sometimes, she can't get in contact with them at all.

She was supposed to be home by 8:00. The only person who is, supposedly, available to take her home is her dad. She texted him at 7:30, asking him to come pick her up. They live, like, 5 minutes away. He didn't text back. After about 20-30 minutes, she called him twice. Both times, he didn't pick up. He hasn't called back, and he hasn't shown up. It is now 9:05.

:facehoof:

I'd hazard a guess they're gonna be angry when she wasn't home on time, too.  Because logic!  :l

When you've managed to beat an absolutely insane boss in a game, only to realize he didn't drop nearly enough materials to make a new armor with in the first try.  I'm not even sure how long I spent hurling magic at this guy (seriously, it's in the order of 15+ minutes), but I've gotta do it all over again...

Sweet Brew

Saying good bye to someone very dear to you,you haven't seen in almost 2 years...and might not see for another 2 or more... :'(

Grizzly

Hey sweet~ You look familiar o.O

ANYWAY, what game you mean?

When you and your sister make plans on playing a game later but one of you falls asleep so the whole plan goes down the toilet ono Even more dumb and annoying is when you're the one who fell asleep  ono ono ono lesson learned: never sleep >:/ :/

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Grizzly on 2015 Jul 01, 02:29:50
Hey sweet~ You look familiar o.O

It's MrEmu that made a new account for the new better name.
Quote from: Grizzly on 2015 Jul 01, 02:29:50
ANYWAY, what game you mean?

And game? What???

Grizzly

i meant stardust dragon, what game did he mean X3

Post Merge

sorry i'm kinda sleep deprived X3

Oh, and an annoying dumb thing: Going to bed at 4 am just to wake up 6 am  :l :l :l

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jun 30, 17:18:41
Sounds like a pretty shady ISP to me. I've never heard of any internet plan that imposes data limits. Well, unless you're using dial-up like a caveman.

Sadly nearly every ISP in the country has a data limit now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that doesn't (though they are out there). They usually put them in their ToS so you can't see them that well unless you've read through it all, or somewhere on their website where you have to look for it. The only services I've seen that don't are dial up providers. I've never once seen a data limit on dial up because dial up is so slow it doesn't need one. Many rural areas are dial up only as well though DSL is rapidly expanding in rural areas thankfully.

Average dial up rates are 2-5KB/s Average DSL is 256-1000KB/s So they impose data limits. Comcast has a 250GB (unless they updated their policy again) a month limit so does my ISP CenturyLink which sucks because we have the technology to not have limits imposed on us yet they do. 3g/4g providers have a 5GB a month limit, 3G's average rate is 250KB/s 4G around 900-1000KB/s+(due to some instability it can sometimes go higher or lower.).

As for my annoyance the ISP's in this country and their imposed data limits which they could easily surpass if they bothered to upgrade their service.

Chromastone64

Well, it's official: today is the hottest day in English history since 2009. Why did we get rid of our swimming pool?!

Go Up