Funniest thing that's gone through your head/you've said during a class.

Started by SapphirePony, 2012 Aug 31, 19:06:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AAA13

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Sep 25, 16:54:19
Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Sep 25, 16:00:42
I used to think school was awesome...

... now I realise that its just a brain-washing program to get you used to a life of mindless conformaty, and the learning is so you never suspect a thing.

(I posted this here coz I thought of it during maths yesterday)

I learned that a loooooong time ago. It's actually very true, too.
I will never mindlessly comform, I will beat the school system!
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Stitchin Time

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Sep 25, 17:04:11
Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Sep 25, 16:54:19
Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Sep 25, 16:00:42
I used to think school was awesome...

... now I realise that its just a brain-washing program to get you used to a life of mindless conformaty, and the learning is so you never suspect a thing.

(I posted this here coz I thought of it during maths yesterday)

I learned that a loooooong time ago. It's actually very true, too.
I will never mindlessly comform, I will beat the school system!

That's my girl!

Giggle Tail

Even at an age of almost 22, I still hate school, conformity, and growing up.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

AAA13

Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Sep 25, 17:43:39
Even at an age of almost 22, I still hate school, conformity, and growing up.
Well I'm 13, so I still need to beat the school system and make it out as myself and not a comformaty robot.
[move][/move]

Giggle Tail

I'm still in college, so I'm not out of the woods yet myself.  Thankfully after so many years of practice (plus some lessons learned from watching so much of ponies  ovO) I've gotten really good at not conforming :P

Giggle's OCs

LaptopCommandStation

Well this wasn't in a class, it was on a server, but i've effectively compromised my cover as an undercover brony..
Player1-"Lol, Pinky and the brain"
player2-(aliased as LeftBrain)"Lol, that wasn't planned"
Me-(aliased as Pinkie!)"Lol, that's not what my name means, but I love how people keep saying that"
Player1-"Wut's it mean then"
Me-"My little secret"
Me thinks to myself-"Uh oh"
Player1-"Oh my"
Friend in teamspeak who's also in the server-"haha, that sounded kinda bad"
Me in TS3-"Why's that?"
Friend-"That sounded like a My Little Ponies Reference, with you aliased as Pinkie, you know, Pinkie Pie"(He said that over gunfire, but i'm darn sure that's what he said"
Me-"What was that?"(sounding like I have no idea what he's talking about)
Friend-"nothing dude"

This was the same friend who connected this alias with my standard name, and that's why I use it all the time.  My clan will know i'm a brony within the week, the question is how will they react o.O

Lord of Madness

well I hate how boring school is... but I find it extremely useful sense Ill be making $63.00 and hour in a few months.

LaptopCommandStation

And I thought I made alot of money.....
well...actually I dont..but
wow!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 27, 01:05:38
well I hate how boring school is... but I find it extremely useful sense Ill be making $63.00 and hour in a few months.

How? o.O

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

AAA13

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 27, 01:34:00

How? o.O
I think its a trick to make madness forget not to conform.
[move][/move]

Chautauquan

There's a secret to not hating school.... It's called going to college.  Then, you study what you enjoy studying.  Yeah, there are still GE's, but it's so worthwhile to have the classes that you never got to focus on earlier... Like Russian literature, or Colonial American history, or underwater basketweaving..... (Okay, so that last one might be a stretch, but I'm sure you could find it somewhere.)  Shoot, in Cambridge and Oxford there are classes on Quenya (Tolkien's Elvish).  You can really just go crazy studying what you enjoy... depending on the school, naturally.  Smaller campuses often mean less variety... but also a happier wallet.

Anyway, back on topic:
Once upon a time, my Colonial American history prof. decided to help us understand "conceptually" what Cortez meeting the Aztecs must have been like... So he told us he would play a movie which best explained first contact: "Mars Attacks!" He then frankly admitted to us that actually, he just liked being weird, and had some free-ish time in the lesson plan, so we watched clips of aliens attacking the earth, and called it good. 

(This might not be the funniest, in my opinion, but most of the others are very... department specific, making for great fun with people who understand the period, and blank stares from everyone else...)
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Sep 27, 16:05:33

How? o.O
I think its a trick to make madness forget not to conform.

There's a study that says that if you pay kids to go to school and pay them for good grades, they're more likely to get good grades and less likely to skip classes and drop out. I swear, if that's starting to be used just now, I'm gonna be so jealous. :l

LaptopCommandStation

It's actually law in Ontario that high school dropouts can't get their drivers license until they turn 18.

Otherwise you can drive(With drivers ed training, at 16 years old, like I did)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 27, 19:51:07
It's actually law in Ontario that high school dropouts can't get their drivers license until they turn 18.

I feel like money's a better motivator. Not the prospect of getting money someday, but getting money now. I spent 13 years going to school (including kindergarten). I would've loved to have gotten paid to do so. I would've taken sick days less. I would've been happier about going.

Lord of Madness

How? o.O

Master Technition <--- what Ill be right out of collage.

Giggle Tail

Quote from: Chautauquan on 2012 Sep 27, 18:05:55
There's a secret to not hating school.... It's called going to college.  Then, you study what you enjoy studying.  Yeah, there are still GE's, but it's so worthwhile to have the classes that you never got to focus on earlier... Like Russian literature, or Colonial American history, or underwater basketweaving..... (Okay, so that last one might be a stretch, but I'm sure you could find it somewhere.)  Shoot, in Cambridge and Oxford there are classes on Quenya (Tolkien's Elvish).  You can really just go crazy studying what you enjoy... depending on the school, naturally.  Smaller campuses often mean less variety... but also a happier wallet.

Anyway, back on topic:
Once upon a time, my Colonial American history prof. decided to help us understand "conceptually" what Cortez meeting the Aztecs must have been like... So he told us he would play a movie which best explained first contact: "Mars Attacks!" He then frankly admitted to us that actually, he just liked being weird, and had some free-ish time in the lesson plan, so we watched clips of aliens attacking the earth, and called it good. 

(This might not be the funniest, in my opinion, but most of the others are very... department specific, making for great fun with people who understand the period, and blank stares from everyone else...)

In response to the first part: I still hate school, and I'm in college (as I said before).  Though there is generally some truth to that.  It's just that my major is children's literature, which is more designed to make you critical than to help you be a better writer  :l

In response to the second part:  lol sounds kind of like my highschool science teacher.  Half the time we just watched episodes of Myth Busters in his classes because he didn't have any lesson ideas :P

Giggle's OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chautauquan on 2012 Sep 27, 18:05:55

Anyway, back on topic:

That first part: I started college, and I'm not enjoying it yet. My core classes that I'm required to take are evil. I hate Algebra, US History, and Speech. But guess what. I have to take one or two courses of Algebra, two courses of US History, and a course of Speech. Chemistry's kicking me in the butt with the memorization crap.

I'm just not happy with any of it, but I can't move on to learning what I want to (veterinary stuff) until I pass all that junk.

That second part makes me miss my World History teacher from high school. He was cool. We got to watch some pretty cool stuff in his class. Like, when we were studying some of Russia's history, we watched a movie about the last czar (Nicholas, I think?).

On-topic: This brings up a funny memory. When he mentioned Anastasia, my first thought was "LIKE THE MOVIE?!!! O:" I never understood the Disney movie Anastasia until I took World History and learned what the hay all that stuff about her past was about.

Go Up