Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chack

I realized just how awful I am at TF2. It made me sad. I then changed my Steam name to fit the mood.
Wait for it...

NomDePlume

Shaking trees in Animal Crossing, only to be stung by bees.
"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works."<br />--Virginia Woolf

Peace Keeper

Games that are so open and vague in directions that you need a map or a player's guide to beat it!

Spoiler: Legend of Zelda • show

Spoiler: Mother 2 (Earthbound) • show

Spoiler: Super Metroid • show
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Yuriski

Autosaves that occur right before you die, so you have to backtrack an hours worth of playing. God they're annoying.

Zsaszz

Quote from: Yuriski on 2014 Aug 20, 02:42:46
Autosaves that occur right before you die, so you have to backtrack an hours worth of playing. God they're annoying.

Or when the last death bugs out with the last auto save and you have to restart the game all over again,(ya it has happened to me, and i nearly smashed my disc on the floor >:/)

Midnight Breeze

Anything and everything to do with Origin. You'd think by now EA would know that gamers hate their crappy steam knock-off and that they should publish their games through steam. I'm sick of being forced to use Origin for certain franchises.

Have fun being the most hated game publisher in the world, EA. Get off your high horse and sell through steam and maybe I'll buy FIFA 15.

Tiger

Glitches.
Game breaking glitches, particularly.

Especially if it's the other team having a totally unfair glitch exploit used against your team.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Yuriski

People with a "that's bad it's good" attitude. If something is awful, leave it to die. Don't encourage a godawful idea, just to get a kick out of hating it.

AaronMk

Meanwhile in Banished:

"Tool reserves are low."

Yes, I know. I slept in re-assigned a blacksmith.

"Tool reserves are low."

I kno.

"Food reserves are low."

u wot

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Dark Hooves

hackers, players using cheat engines, player exploiting glitches, i don't like any of them
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Ramisha

Enemies who follow you around the whope map. And quests that are forced on you. Example: *walks into orphanage* 1 hour later *kills the emperor*

Randam Saiko

Not having a comprised team who is strong enough to face a limited-time (irl/event) boss. Also, losing all the loot obtained when failing a raid (especially having a rare item in that loot bag).

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

AaronMk

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Aug 26, 18:47:44
hackers, players using cheat engines, player exploiting glitches, i don't like any of them

> Not obtaining tactical advantage

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Peace Keeper

The insanity
Spoiler: show

The igneous (enigma)
Spoiler: show

I really hate when they act all cool on the mic.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Yuriski

Quote from: Yuriski on 2014 Aug 25, 05:00:10
People with a "that's bad it's good" attitude. If something is awful, leave it to die. Don't encourage a godawful idea, just to get a kick out of hating it.

Whoops, put this in the wrong thread. It was supposed to go in the "Dumb things that annoy you" thread.

People who think they're great because they have a higher level or have been playing longer. Oh, and everyone's favourite, the CoD fanboy.

Ramisha

Normal armor for men but HALF NAKED ARMOR FOR WOMEN. And it has the same armor rating.  :l

Dream Bolt

Okay, here's another thread that tempts my cynical side yet again. Okay, let's see. The most annoying things in video games are...

#1. Those Darn Creepers! You just built something really nice. Out of rare materials. Then you turn around to see what the uninitiated might think of as a sad-faced, cuboid green giraffe. But to anypony who plays Minecraft, you know that all your hard work is about to get blown to bits. Sssss... BOOM!  >:O No enemy in Minecraft is more annoying to me. Not Blazes, not Wither Skeletons, and not Endermen. Creepers.

#2. When lag makes you lose. You have the skill. You have the power. You have the levels. You have all the right armor and potions and weapons. And you lose because the game freezes up for about five seconds, and when it comes back your enemy has whaled on you a bunch of times which you could have easily avoided... if not for that dumb lag. (This also includes when you're in game, and you die or have to restart because of a stupid glitch. DD: )

#3. Cheap movie games. Just because you liked a movie doesn't mean that the game is going to be good. In fact, they're usually lousy cookie-cutters. Attack enemies, collect money to unlock unwanted commentaries, use special attacks, break other people's crates and furniture to find more money in hopes that you can unlock something mildly interesting, and go through missions which really feel more like a long hallway than an environment.
Of course, this isn't true of all movie games. The Spider-man games are usually awesome even by normal game standards, and there are a few other gems. But when I played the video game of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, I was almost laughing at how far they strayed from the movie. And this is a story I have cherished since childhood. Lucy beating up creatures and riding them? Random coins lying about? Urgh. :s

Chromastone64

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

MrEmu

In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate...

"Alrighty Mr Hunter, time to go hunt a Pink Rathian!"
I equip all my Fire resistant armor, get out my best gear, just to find out it can also poison you!
I equip no antidotes and end up fainting in the first 5 minutes...

So when I do get my antidotes he poisons me as I'm drinking it so I end up wasting a precious antidote, and getting smacked into a wall, and still being poisoned...

Chromastone64

2014 Sep 08, 03:16:55 #1919 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 09, 13:54:12 by Chromastone64
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 07, 19:39:45
In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate...

"Alrighty Mr Hunter, time to go hunt a Pink Rathian!"
I equip all my Fire resistant armor, get out my best gear, just to find out it can also poison you!
I equip no antidotes and end up fainting in the first 5 minutes...

So when I do get my antidotes he poisons me as I'm drinking it so I end up wasting a precious antidote, and getting smacked into a wall, and still being poisoned...

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!!!!!!! For me, it's the kinda stiff combat system. I find it fun, just......"sigh" I swear, if I see a SINGLE Rathian, normal, pink, gold or otherwise, I'm gonna lose it. That STUPID poisoning tail flip.....!!!!

Edit: also, the AMOUNT OF TIMES MONSTERS DAZE YOU AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIMES!!! I get dazed at least once per fight, and its more often then not when I'm at low health and either poisoned or on fire.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up