Introducing Karma!

Started by Liska, 2012 Apr 06, 00:06:41

previous topic - next topic

Keep or remove?

Keep the Karma System
Remove the Karma System
Go Down

Dr. Hoofington

True but they fixed that now, though of course there are a few people with more then they should have. I'm just fine with it though. It's not like people were trying to abuse it. They were just doing the rp and forum games like they usually did. At least I think so.
And perhaps I have just seen the worse side of those sites. Either way a certain recent event has sort of put me off from those sites for a while sadly.

Synic

Quote from: Synic on 2012 May 08, 17:20:10
Quote from: Azure Dusk on 2012 May 07, 22:09:24
I'm not sure that it will change actually. Bronies are remarkable in how readily they accept people different than them.

Just because we all like friendship and ponies doesn't mean we're all altruistic and accepting.

That being said, I see where you're coming from, and frankly whether we have it or not should not be an issue. Every poster should be considered equal regardless of reputation/postcount, in my opinion.

Equestrian

Quote from: Synic on 2012 May 08, 17:21:36
I'm not sure that it will change actually. Bronies are remarkable in how readily they accept people different than them.

Just because we all like friendship and ponies doesn't mean we're all altruistic and accepting.

That being said, I see where you're coming from, and frankly whether we have it or not should not be an issue. Every poster should be considered equal regardless of reputation/postcount, in my opinion.

The edit button's a marvelous thing
((Don't double post, especially if it's the same thing))

Ründo

Use the edit button luke
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Tag360

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2012 Apr 06, 17:46:36
I will not be making karma public for everyone to see.
Administrators and moderators (I think) are the only ones who have access to view everypony's karma.

Is that why it says "Latest Reputation Actions" at the top banner, then at the bottom it says "You haven't sent or received any reputation!" when you view your profile's reputation? Or is karma and reputation different things, causing this message to be displayed?

Synic

Quote from: Equestrian on 2012 May 08, 17:25:09
Quote from: Synic on 2012 May 08, 17:21:36

The edit button's a marvelous thing
((Don't double post, especially if it's the same thing))

I thought I did edit it. Hmm. Odd.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Tag360 on 2012 May 10, 10:05:59
Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2012 Apr 06, 17:46:36
I will not be making karma public for everyone to see.
Administrators and moderators (I think) are the only ones who have access to view everypony's karma.

Is that why it says "Latest Reputation Actions" at the top banner, then at the bottom it says "You haven't sent or received any reputation!" when you view your profile's reputation? Or is karma and reputation different things, causing this message to be displayed?

Karma is what makes your rep higher or lower.
Doesn't make any sense to me. they should be two separate values.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

Just confirming, did the system get dropped?  Or is it just me?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Malkies

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 May 26, 02:06:07
Just confirming, did the system get dropped?  Or is it just me?
It seems so, everything about the karma system has disappeared...
Thank god. I hated it.

Book Smarts

From the looks of things, you can still give out karma, you just can't see the score in the forums.

There could also be a problem with the mechanism and it could be back up soon or they finally found that some ponies were abusing it

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 26, 12:43:44
From the looks of things, you can still give out karma, you just can't see the score in the forums.

There could also be a problem with the mechanism and it could be back up soon or they finally found that some ponies were abusing it
not sure if I should still be giving out "disagree" and "agree" to bad and good posts, if it doesn't really do anything.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Zygrograxgra

It's gone?
Yes! Wasn't really doing anywhere near what it should have been. Like I said, it was a popularity thing, not a quality thing.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 May 26, 19:12:31
It's gone?
Yes! Wasn't really doing anywhere near what it should have been. Like I said, it was a popularity thing, not a quality thing.

i agree with you to an extent, but my thought was rather this is a forum and raitings/contest inspiring things have nothing to do on a forum.

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Liska

Karma has now been officially dropped, sorry for any confusion. ^-^

PrincessButton

Aaaaand now the reputation wand is gone as well. Good.
Except now how will we punish the trolls?
I guess it's back to just simply reporting them.  :c
-sigh-
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

lurk852

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 May 31, 23:18:59
-sigh-

I doubt the average troll cares about a number that doesn't do anything. Reporting them, on the other hand, might result in post deletion/banning, which is a much more meaningful consequence to pretty much everyone.  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

PrincessButton

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 01, 01:15:27
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 May 31, 23:18:59
-sigh-

I doubt the average troll cares about a number that doesn't do anything. Reporting them, on the other hand, might result in post deletion/banning, which is a much more meaningful consequence to pretty much everyone.  :P

True.. true.. -.-

Liska

lurk852 is right, karma wouldn't have affected the trolls in anyway. Please report trolls, spammers, etc.

Book Smarts

Somepony would find honor in having the most negative karma on the forum, it didn't have a downside like being banned or shunned

PrincessButton

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 01, 10:33:08
Somepony would find honor in having the most negative karma on the forum, it didn't have a downside like being banned or shunned

Oh, that's true because there was a spotlight for both best and worst reputation in statistics.
So I guess the Karma system will not be missed.  :)

Go Up