Well this is rather annoying...

Started by Des Monty, 2012 Jun 09, 22:21:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Des Monty

I'm not sure if you've guys have noticed but my IRL thread has vanished yet again and no one has told me why.  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Maybe the mods are trying to protect IRL identities? o.O

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Des Monty

It's only pictures, can't say I see some harm in that.

Explolguy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 09, 22:22:35
Maybe the mods are trying to protect IRL identities? o.O

This. Also, there's an entire liability thing that goes along with this. If someone gets in trouble because their picture is up here, the administrators of the site get the blame. No matter how many agreements freeing them from any liability they put out, the heat still goes to them.

Still, the moderators usually put up some sort of explanation as to why they removed a thread. That's the part that confuses me: We haven't seen one yet.

Des Monty

2012 Jun 09, 22:26:48 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 09, 22:31:15 by Des Monty
There's an entire liability thing that goes along with this. If someone gets in trouble because their picture is up here, the administrators of the site get the blame. No matter how many agreements freeing them from any liability they put out, the heat still goes to them.

Oh gosh I've never heard of anything like that in my 6 years of posting on forums, haha...

-Edit-

I also just re-read the forum rules and didn't find anything about IRL threads.

McSleuthburger

We are doing this to protect users, if somebody(a bad person) gets ahold of one of our users pictures because they posted it here, it could be detrimental to the original user
basically we are protecting users from themselves
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Des Monty

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Jun 09, 22:35:28
We are doing this to protect users, if somebody(a bad person) gets ahold of one of our users pictures because they posted it here, it could be detrimental to the original user
basically we are protecting users from themselves

I... guess so. Please notify whoever has been deleting my thread to notify me in the future though. That doesn't account to only me, but everyone else, we don't want people doing the wrong things over and over now do we?

Rainy-Chan

This is one of the reasons i dislike what the mods do here. They could at least threat us with some respect and tell why they did it. If we want to show our faces its our choice, not theirs. If they want to protect is from ourselves then that only shows how reta­rded they think we are.

This is just like when perry kept stopping us from organising a tinychat. he didn't even care to explain why and when i confronted him he ignored me. Mods, are we users with dignity or your dumb children?

Des Monty

Quote from: Rainy-Chan on 2012 Jun 09, 22:39:00
This is one of the reasons i dislike what the mods do here. They could at least threat us with some respect and tell why they did it. If we want to show our faces its our choice, not theirs. If they want to protect is from ourselves then that only shows how reta­rded they think we are.

This is just like when perry kept stopping us from organising a tinychat. he didn't even care to explain why and when i confronted him he ignored me. Mods, are we users with dignity or your dumb children?

I can't help but fully agree with this; however it's not our choice at the moment. If anything we can send a well written message to a head admin about this topic in hope of getting it reversed.

Crystal Chaos

Rainy... *hides from mods just incase*

Rainy-Chan

Quote from: Des Monty link=topic=2748.msg191333#msg191333

I can't help but fully agree with this; however it's not our choice at the moment. If anything we can send a well written message to a head admin about this topic in hope of getting it reversed.

to perry? are you serious?

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 22:38:03
I... guess so. Please notify whoever has been deleting my thread to notify me in the future though. That doesn't account to only me, but everyone else, we don't want people doing the wrong things over and over now do we?

believe me, we dont do anything without reason so please dont worry

we are trying to keep users safe (remember some members are younger and might not know any better) and sometimes we cant explain every choice that we make when it comes to the forums
Ye-olde ex mod

Cutiebone

Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Des Monty

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Jun 09, 22:43:57
Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 22:38:03

believe me, we dont do anything without reason so please dont worry

we are trying to keep users safe (remember some members are younger and might not know any better) and sometimes we cant explain every choice that we make when it comes to the forums

I fully understand what you meant by that but please try and take this from my perspective. You make a thread, it gets posts, it disappears the next day. Hm, okay, funky! So you remake another one, it hits 2 pages and seems to be doing well, then it's gone again! Well, what's going on? I've been receiving no notifications.

Please also note I'm not trying to argue with you, but rather fix things for the better of this forum.

Quote from: Rainy-Chan on 2012 Jun 09, 22:42:54
Quote from: Des Monty link=topic=2748.msg191333#msg191333

to perry? are you serious?

If it's well constructed and it's got a decent amount of followers I don't see why not.

Sonic Heart

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 09, 22:41:09

Rainy... *hides from mods just incase*

I agree, i know mods are only trying to do what they think it is best.
I had the same thought on the pictures, if the user decides to post the picture is his/her option, i think the person already knows that there are some evil pepole in the world  :I that might do something with it.

SweBow

However you like it or not, WE are the once who will get blamed. NOT you guys if people start attacking you/us. So no, we do not need to explain anything.

If we feel it's our responsibility to keep the forum clear from possible harmful threads, we will remove them.

For those who are interested, look up COPPA.

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 22:46:07
I fully understand what you meant by that but please try and take this from my perspective. You make a thread, it gets posts, it disappears the next day. Hm, okay, funky! So you remake another one, it hits 2 pages and seems to be doing well, then it's gone again! Well, what's going on? I've been receiving no notifications.

Please also note I'm not trying to argue with you, but rather fix things for the better of this forum.

I understand where you are coming from but you have to understand where we are coming from, we have to be responsible for everyone, so we have to take actions though not everyone will agree with it
Ye-olde ex mod

Cutiebone

You've just been McSleuthburgered! AGAIN!
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Des Monty

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Jun 09, 22:55:33
Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 22:46:07

I understand where you are coming from but you have to understand where we are coming from, we have to be responsible for everyone, so we have to take actions though not everyone will agree with it

You completely missed what I'm trying to get at.

Whoever deleted my thread did not notify me of that. How is a user supposed to know they're conducting something against the policy of this website when there is no mention of it?

Quote from: Cutiebone on 2012 Jun 09, 22:57:00
You've just been McSleuthburgered! AGAIN!

Please stop. This is not an argument or a show of who's better  >A<

Rainy-Chan

2012 Jun 09, 22:57:26 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 09, 23:01:08 by SweBow
we are trying to keep users safe (remember some members are younger and might not know any better) [...]

There is a difference between keeping someone safe on the internet and treating them like a child with special needs. Today the children that use the internet already have these pictures spread out on many different social networks like facebook, twitter, msn and tumblr. There is a much bigger risk that "a bad person" gets their hands on them there. Once the picture has reached the forum its so much more plausible that its already up on many other places.

I don't see a valid reason to stop us if we want to chat somewhere else on the internet. By doing that perry told us that he doesn't trust us at all. If we really want to we can make sure it happens anyway.

If you wanna protect children you should kill their internet connection

[...]and sometimes we cant explain every choice that we make when it comes to the forums

Right, so either you cant explain why you did it because you dont have a real reason or are you too lazy? What youre saying is that we are not worth the time? Im offended, man.

Not only that but you guys actually installed a worthless wordfilter that doesn't do anything but make the text people type less readable. it's not even <READ THE RULES> working. What happened to free speak, or are don't you trust us with that either?

is that too harsh? well sorry, but i am offended

Go Up