the option to reset talents

Started by marc timothy moses, 2020 Aug 11, 21:15:43

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

marc timothy moses

i would like it if there was a skill reset button. that way i could reset my skills for something powerful in the combat and medical section

NewLunarRepublic

That would defeat the purpose of Talent Marks and would be pretty OP. The idea of having a Mark is having a specialization in a specific area, be it medical, athletic, or food-related. Being able to change your Mark afterwards would make the mark less special, and very overpowered. You could train yourself in combat and then, when you needed the skills of a nurse, you could just reset your Mark and become a nurse!

The only way I could see the idea working, was if it cost a lot of bits(ingame currency) and reset your levels or something. Remember Starlight's old village? It took a powerful unicorn and the power of her Mark, which is why she didn't remove it, to peel away a pony's Mark. And even then it seemed to be a painful process. And the time she swapped Luna's and Celestia's Marks. She couldn't reverse it, possibly because it took so much magical energy in the first place that she didn't have enough to reverse it. Imagine how difficult giving a pony a *new* Mark would be, instead of swapping it or taking it away.

All-in-all, I personally don't see this as a feasible option, either game-wise or story-wise. Not only will it unbalance the game, but your average pony shouldn't be able to change their Mark.

marc timothy moses

Quote from: NewLunarRepublic on 2020 Aug 17, 09:52:59That would defeat the purpose of Talent Marks and would be pretty OP. The idea of having a Mark is having a specialization in a specific area, be it medical, athletic, or food-related. Being able to change your Mark afterwards would make the mark less special, and very overpowered. You could train yourself in combat and then, when you needed the skills of a nurse, you could just reset your Mark and become a nurse!

The only way I could see the idea working, was if it cost a lot of bits(ingame currency) and reset your levels or something. Remember Starlight's old village? It took a powerful unicorn and the power of her Mark, which is why she didn't remove it, to peel away a pony's Mark. And even then it seemed to be a painful process. And the time she swapped Luna's and Celestia's Marks. She couldn't reverse it, possibly because it took so much magical energy in the first place that she didn't have enough to reverse it. Imagine how difficult giving a pony a *new* Mark would be, instead of swapping it or taking it away.

All-in-all, I personally don't see this as a feasible option, either game-wise or story-wise. Not only will it unbalance the game, but your average pony shouldn't be able to change their Mark.
oh

Go Up