I never should have graduated Senior year in high school.

Started by Lary, 2012 Oct 16, 00:03:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

Here's a touchin' story.

I went to a high school with... not the best budget. We were assigned textbooks at the beginning of the year, and we are expected to return specific ones at the end of the year; one of them being our senior History textbooks. Say what you want about the books being out of date because of this, but this actually does delay some students' graduation. If you lose the book, you need to pay $80(!) for a replacement. Until then, you cannot graduate. Finally, to make sure they know who still owns a book, they handed out cards for us to fill out (our name and the number of the book).

So where's all this going? I think you know. I never returned my History textbook.

We had two teachers in my History class; the main guy and his assistant. The main guy was the one that handed out the books and the cards. I got mine as normal. But sometime around February my family had to move. I lost a few things in the move (notably my Pokemon Diamond with everything I've ever worked for in previous generations in it, but I digress) including my History textbook. Come the end of the school year, I still couldn't find it. Seemed like I would have to pay the fee or miss graduation.

... However, that wasn't the case.

In the middle of the school year, the main teacher had to get a hip replacement so he had a substitute for the rest of the school year. This substitute didn't know much about the whole card thing, so she accidentally handed all the cards back to the students. Seems like a silly move, when I noticed something very peculiar about my writing.

It was in pencil.

I used this opportunity to erase the number and grab a spare history textbook off the shelf and replace the number with the number inside the new book. I got away free. Nobody ever noticed I switched the numbers to this day.

So, why am I bringing this up now?

Well, last weekend my mother went and dug through my closet filled with boxes that still haven't been unpacked since the last two(!) times we moved. She opened it and found a bunch of old school books that I had, both in grade school and high school. One of them was the very textbook I lost. I laughed so hard at the sight of it, and my mother gave me the strangest look.

I plan to return the book this Friday. Hopefully they don't sue me.

The end.

---

Anyone else got any troublemakin' stories?
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

I almost didn't get my class schedule one year in high school because of a freakin' World Geography textbook. :l

It's kind of evil, that setup. Punishment was for if you hadn't turned in one of your textbooks the year before or paid the fee for it, or if you hadn't returned a library book or still had a late fee from the library. That punishment was that they wouldn't give you your class schedule, which you're supposed to pick up the day before the first day of school. What in the hay do they expect you to do in that scenario?! Not go to class until you can fix it?

So, I was in a pretty terrible situation, especially since I was pretty sure I didn't have my textbook. It should've been in the classroom. I don't know why they said I hadn't turned it in. I had to go talk to one of the assistant principals, and he looked through an index of info for my name. Then, he said the name of a teacher I had never heard of and asked if that was my teacher.

Um... :I No.. That wasn't my teacher. I told him that, and he asked who my teacher was, so I told him. He found info from my teacher in the index and said he didn't see any reports from that teacher about me, so he wrote me a note that would let me get my class schedule.

Man, I was so scared that day.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LaptopCommandStation

I've never studied in High School, so I perhaps went to the library for a book...twice in 4 years...I also don't think my textbook have ever left the school as I rarely had homework I couldn't finish in class.  Overall in school I had no issues.

Work on the other hand.
The Story
At this time I was at my old job as a senior meat clerk(Or maybe I actually was a full time meat cutter working a night shift for some reason, can't remember).  It was around thanksgiving so my co-worker and I had to put tags and prices on frozen turkeys(Ever had to put a wire tag on a turkey?  Most Annoying Job Ever).  Being as how I have my Motorized Lift Truck/Pallet Truck/Power Jack Licence I decided in my best interest i'd use said power jack to move the ~2000lb skid from the freezer to the prep area for tagging.  I walked up to it and the closing manager saw me and asked me what I was doing.  I told him we were moving turkeys and he told me "There are 2 of you, just move it with the hand jacks" and walked away.  Somewhat ticked, I went back to the prep room and told my co-worker this, then thought.  "You know what, screw this.  I have my licence and no one else is using the stupid thing.  He CAN'T tell me not to use it if he can't give me a good reason".  The manager must have suspected my thought process as I went back into receiving to find the key to the power jack was missing.  I worked there for ~4-5 years and that key is NEVER REMOVED.  Now I was excessively angry.  I went back into the prep room and started venting, basically saying where said manager can go, in which direction, and with what equipment, as harshly as humanly possible, to my co-worker as we banter back and forth all the time.  After I cooled down a bit I ask my co-owrker to grab a jack and we'll move the turkeys.  Well guess what; I walked over to the freezer to find my co-worker relaying our ENTIRE conversation to the manager I was talking about, both of which laughing about it(Element of Laughter w00t). 
I got written up the next day for disrespecting a manager.  And this story will begin my epic journey the HAY away from that celestia-forsaken place  :D

The End

Lord of Madness

Im pretty sure my school stories are a bit intense... BUT this one time I went to school and I found people rigged their lockers with paperclips to open without needing to put a code in. Which was illegal. so I opened 20 Lockers and took EVERYTHING out of them and put them in everyone elses locker. I was brought to the principles office but right as I was about to get in trouble I told them (and even using the school rule book) how it was illegal for me to get in trouble. Sense the lockers never locked, Their items were put in a public catagory instead of privet property. So I did not get in trouble And I almost got the school in trouble for not checking their lockers :DD

Chishio Kunrin

I may have... mysteriously disappeared around the time of a certain class that had a teacher I didn't like... maybe a few times. When I finally got caught, my mom grounded me for a month, and I had to go to In School Suspension for a day. X3

In my defense, she was a terrible teacher, and I barely would've learned anything in there anyway. It was Spanish 2, and she always mumbled in Spanish really fast. That, and she refused to grade any paper written in pencil. That was the year everyone kept stealing my pens. :l I was destined to fail.

But it all worked out the next year when I had to take Spanish 2 for a semester for credit recovery, and I got the... coolest... teacher. He was head of all the Spanish classes, and he put us through exercises to learn the proper way to pronounce Spanish words and learn how to spell Spanish words just from hearing them. He collected Transformers stuff, so he even placed a bid on one on his iPhone one day during class. lol

The Wandering Magus

year of judo + anger + stolen pencil = trouble

trouble + being teacher's pet = no trouble

no trouble = graduate with clean record
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Semi off topic since they didn't graduate...
My senior year, some redneck guys decided to pull a big prank. NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE SCHOOL THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY! >:(
They put up a Confederate flag (against school rules)
Put glue in the locks of the hallway doors (destruction of state property; a federal offense)
And one about some rabbits and an armadillo that I don't think I should post here. We all hoped they got in legal trouble for that one because it sickened everyone.

Be very careful with your school prank. Make sure it's not sick or illegal. :l

The Wandering Magus

I think my father said he threw a chunk of sodium in the university toilets once lol
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 16, 00:03:02
-snip of story-

As I was reading through this I was wondering why in the world you were telling us about this until I got to the last paragraph. x3 It's good to know you weren't going to like...pawn off the book and actually do the right thing by returning it.
You get a good noodle star.
*Pinkie sticks a star on your forehead*  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lary

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 18, 16:46:22
As I was reading through this I was wondering why in the world you were telling us about this until I got to the last paragraph. x3 It's good to know you weren't going to like...pawn off the book and actually do the right thing by returning it.

Trust me. These books aren't worth much. Especially with how out-of-date they are.

There's a guy in my class that actually looks every book he gets on eBay to see if they're worth anything before attempting to sell it.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 19, 07:33:18
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 18, 16:46:22

Trust me. These books aren't worth much. Especially with how out-of-date they are.

There's a guy in my class that actually looks every book he gets on eBay to see if they're worth anything before attempting to sell it.
:I
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

HerpyDooves

It took awhile to think of, but this is a very, very crazy moment of my life. A bit more scary than troublesome to be honest.

Well, back when I was in kindergarten, I met my good friend, Derek. We did everything together, went hunting for bugs, play tag, blah blah blah. But you wanna know where we did it? In some old guys backyard. We didn't really know or see why we weren't aloud to be in his backyard, we were like, 5 for god sake.

Then one day, Derek, his sister, her friend, and I were playing the old guys backyard one day. You DO NOT know how many times he yelled at us for being in his backyard (like, 25-100 times) but we didn't care, only god knows why, but we just didn't care. So we're playing, la la la, and then the old guy comes out with a gun. That crazy old rag lol

So we ran and ran up to Derek's house and called the police. (He didn't chase us, or I wouldn't be typing this story.) But by the time we did, the old man was gone. Two months later, I heard he moved away, thankfully. I never saw him again to this day, and hopefully I never will...

Chishio Kunrin

One of my parents' friends, his then-wife, and her twin daughters lived in a somewhat rural area. I hung out there one summer. Across the street from their house was a big ol' cow field some guy owned. Just a cow field. He didn't seem to have anything other than cattle. Yet every morning, there was a rooster crowing somewhere.

One day, we ended up going out into some woods nearby. We found a house in those woods, with lots of dogs running around and a rooster tied to a tree. Some old guy lived there, and we thought it was kinda cool seeing all those dogs and finally discovering where the rooster was. The twins were like 12, and I was younger, so we didn't realize that mayyyybeeee it could be dangerous being near some old stranger's house in the middle of the woods. X3

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 25, 20:16:30
One of my parents' friends, his then-wife, and her twin daughters lived in a somewhat rural area. I hung out there one summer. Across the street from their house was a big ol' cow field some guy owned. Just a cow field. He didn't seem to have anything other than cattle. Yet every morning, there was a rooster crowing somewhere.

One day, we ended up going out into some woods nearby. We found a house in those woods, with lots of dogs running around and a rooster tied to a tree. Some old guy lived there, and we thought it was kinda cool seeing all those dogs and finally discovering where the rooster was. The twins were like 12, and I was younger, so we didn't realize that mayyyybeeee it could be dangerous being near some old stranger's house in the middle of the woods. X3

A crazy guy tying a rooster to a tree, that would have probably creeped me out if I saw that when I was younger, Actually it would be just plain creepy even seeing it now.  :I

Me and my sister and our friend always walked through the creek and explored our backyard which is 7 acres long. it never occurred to us that we could have gotten bitten by snakes or taken down by a bobcats we had like 3 clubhouses on our land all with stuff we found from the creek even a toy house we found.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 25, 20:41:04
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 25, 20:16:30

A crazy guy tying a rooster to a tree, that would have probably creeped me out if I saw that when I was younger, Actually it would be just plain creepy even seeing it now.  :I

Me and my sister and our friend always walked through the creek and explored our backyard which is 7 acres long. it never occurred to us that we could have gotten bitten by snakes or taken down by a bobcats we had like 3 clubhouses on our land all with stuff we found from the creek even a toy house we found.

Well, he had its ankle tied with the other end of the string tied around a tree. I guess it was kind of a leash for it.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 25, 21:01:48
Well, he had its ankle tied with the other end of the string tied around a tree. I guess it was kind of a leash for it.

Oh I thought it's whole body was tied to a tree for some reason.  ovO
Wonder if it was his pet rooster or something then.

This one old guy in the trailer court we used to live in a long time ago before we moved had tons of stray dogs and some ferrets, he lived right next door though so me and my sister got to pet the dogs and stuff since they were all friendly while our parents watched us.

Go Up