How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Astral_Tigris

Well let's see... I remember seeing ponies all over the place in 2011 and thought it was some kind of joke, and decided to see what it was about.
When I pulled up the first episode I stopped right after the intro and thought "what are you even doing", closed it and went about my day, but once I had started watching it just stayed on my mind til I finished the episode. then the second, and third... next thing I know i'm waiting along with everyone else for the next season to start up.

Firemane Dreamcaster

pretty much,
I met this girl for the first time trough friends ^-^, we noticed we had some shared interest  :D and we ended up cuddled on the couch watching MLP  :] and I was hooked to the show from that moment xd

perryunicornboy

I loved G 1 when I was young and I actually watched it at first worried it would ruin my childhood it just turned out to be the best thing ever   <3
Alicorn prince before it was cool.

Jiggnfm

I remember I became a brony by just curious of what the show looks like, then after the 1st episode, I fell in love with it...  :D
I'm just a Jigglypuff...

Creme Tartar

The airfield where I worked was being shut down, so there wasn't a lot to do but for whatever reason we still had to go in and be there.
They basically left us to do whatever we wanted (within reason) for a few months while they argued back and forth about various things, that left us with a lot of time to derp around.

I went on "wiki walks" and various "internet safaris" and I kept running into these tiny horse things in random places, so having nothing better to do I went looking for more of them just to sate my curiosity.
Eventually I found my way to youtube and various clips of said tiny horses doing really quite witty things. It was then I thought that I wanted to see some more of this stuff, so I went digging for links to complete episodes, and the first one that turned up was (the then newly released) Sonic Rainboom.
I was hooked.
All the rest followed in short order, and I've been happily watching ever since.

Leika Silverpaw

I was over at my friends house back in october 2010 and his little sister was super-excited about the new series of my little pony that was going to premier.  She managed to convince both of us to watch the first episode with her, and we were both surprised to find that we kind of liked the show.  We waited a week, and when we liked the next episode we decided that we were hooked, and then the brony community started to grow on the internet throughout the first season and that led to where I am today.  Watching most episodes of the show, reading fanfiction, buying merchandise, and soon to be playing LoE with my friends.

Corgii

To be honest it's kind of a blur. One day I was enjoying a YTP by one of my fav YTPers and noticed his new upload was using MLP as a source. The next day my father found me hunched over my desk watching the second season, having just finished the first one, at Five thirty in the morning.

I wish I was joking about that last part.  :l

NeonLights9212

for me it was when i was introduced to it by a childhood friend of mine.  i watched it and thought it wasnt anywhere near as bad as all the haters were making it out to be...  ^_^
I live my life on the train to paradise... so im always in a good mood.  I wont hate you for being you, but insult my pride or threaten those i care for... and i'll break you. my gamertag is Neon  Lights9212

Act One

Well, I refer to myself sometimes as the "Tsundere Brony" as when I heard about it, it was from my brother chatting to friends online. I didn't give it much thought and did my own thing. But one night, my bro was watching the first 2 episodes in his room next to mine, while I was relaxing, reading.
Then-
Her-
Voice-
Was-
Herd! (See what I did there? Ahem! Sorry.)

Hearing Pinkie Pie doing what she does best, and chuckles from his room I went to investigate and saw he was watching the 1st episode. I looked at him and then back at the screen and then raised an eyebrow. I then returned to my bed with the book and the episode continued. Competing my reading with the noises in his room was too difficult, so I just reserved myself and walked on in to see what the heck was this all about.

Boom! Mind completely blown on how entertaining it was, and as much as I was confused with it, I loved the colour, the acting and just the humour of the show. But then after the 1st series, I was prodded to Equestria Daily and saw the different animations and drawings there-
Head completely blow to the stratosphere!!

I actually became more obsessed with the fan-base of the show compared to the series itself! But as the series came and more entertainment arrived, more inspiration was given to the community and I was hooked to see what the surrounding universe created in it's wake. And I've yet to be disappointed. *Applauses the fan base.*
Just don't do a "Princess Twilight" rage again please? One was bad enough, even if I originally thought the idea was a bit quick and final myself.  lol
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

Scribble_Slash

I actually started out hating MLP before I became a brony. The very mention of it somehow made me a little mad, so I never gave it a chance. My friends (are now in college) told me about then and what the show was like. I still told them I would never try watching it. This went on for a year until November 2013. I saw an advertisement about MLP:fim and saw Rainbow Dash. I thought she looked to cute, I started thinking about the show. About midway through the month, a friend told me about its premise and how good the show was, so I decided to watch the first and second episodes. I instantly fell in love with the show and I watched season 1 - 3 in a couple months, as well as bought a Rainbow Dash plushie. I'm not ashamed of being a brony, and nobody has ever made fun of me for being one.

Archaeopteryx Tipota

I was one of the /b/ros on 4chan that witnessed the great pony explosion of the internet. Before anyone realized it, 4chan's /b/ board was being uncontrollably flooded by pony content from all directions. Soon, the content would flood a large portion of the other 4chan boards as well. During this time, and in the initial explosion of the first bronies, there was a huge flame war on the internet between bronies and anti-bronies. I was aware of the fact that My Little Pony had an actual flourishing fanbase for quite some time, but I knew little about it until my little brother started watching the show and identified himself as a brony. I remember him showing me members of the fandom getting angry over Derpy being taken out of the show, and I thought it was ridiculous. For quite some time, I told my friends about the brony fandom, explaining it as being a group of large neckbeards that dwell in the basements of their parents. I also heard about the... innuendos side of the fandom and broadly generalized all bronies as being that way. About half-way through season two, I was on a random video spree on YouTube and found a pony music video. Curiously, I watched it, and found myself wondering how something as girly and simple as My Little Pony could possibly support such a massive and diverse fandom. I decided to do some research in the hopes of finding out why my brother and millions of other people had fallen for this show. I moved from one pony video, to the next, to the next, and to the next, until I stumbled upon Mike The Microphone's read-along to My Little Dashie, which is a known emotional fanfic within the fandom. I listened to the whole thing, and to my complete and utter surprise, and despite the fact that I had never watched the show and didn't even know any of the characters' names, it still managed to tug at my heartstrings.

Finally, I decided to go in and watch the first episode of the first season. I looked it up and made it through. The first episode, the second, the third, the fourth. Despite the fact that I wasn't necessarily amazed or in awe at some aspect of the show, but it still managed to keep me watching. It wasn't something I was necessarily enjoying, but at the same time I just kept going, watching them one-by-one, slowly beginning to understand MLP: FiM even more. I came to the eventuality as I pondered how I was able to watch the entire first season of My Little Pony, a little girl's show, without turning off my computer, that the characters were not as one dimensional as most other cartoons. These characters felt real, because they had dreams and hopes of their own. They had weaknesses, weaknesses that they would stumble upon and learn from, but their weaknesses were also their strengths, and their development as characters was something that I found attractive.

I watched the entire second season, joining the brony fandom in the week after week wait for the newest episode. And then came the off season before season 3. Then I exposed myself to the amazing fandom. The art, the music, the talent, and everything else. I found out that DHX was aware of the MLP fandom, I found out that John De Lancie, the man who played Q, my all-time favourite character from Star Trek other than Data, was aware of it, and supported it. I found out about the Brony Cons, the friendships that have been made through the show, the culture behind it, and everything else. Suddenly, I realized that I went from being an ignorant /b/tard that hated on an entire fandom because it broke social norms to being a huge fan of MLP and supporting the fandom. I continued reading fanfictions, posting on forums, exposing myself to the brony community's content, and watching the show wholeheartedly.
SHREK IS LOVE
SHREK IS LIFE
SHREK IS THE ALMIGHTY PONE SINGULARITY
HAIL THE PONE SINGULARITY
HAIL SHREK

Benict

For me, I had noticed the pony thing popping up everywhere and I was starting to get annoyed by it. So, I wanted to know what made this variation so special and fun so I reluctantly sat down to watch the first two episodes. I say reluctantly cause I grew up with knowledge of the older versions of this show and honestly they caused physical pain to watch. But, I was pleasantly surprised by this version and just kept watching and three seasons later I'm still watching it.
I the mythical Human with my magical pants and OH so special hands say "sup".

AaronMk

I came in sometime shortly after season 1 ended. At that time I was in the MineCraft forums and I was noticing people with pony avatars posting about.

I excused them as being another furry fad and moved along.

Later some people I followed on dA started posting pony content and one had a "guide" on how to give the show I thought. At this point I was snickering at them, and I figured if I was going to argue they're silly people I should give the show a shot and get the points for trying.

And, well. One thing lead to another and now most of the stuff I draw is pony in some way, shape, or form.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

TwilightNight

There was this one PMV with Nightmare Moon and the song Angel of Darkness. I thought it was pretty cool, so I decided to look up episode 1 on youtube. Then I looked up episode 2, then 3, then... well, I looked up most episodes that have been out so far.

Zhai

2014 May 02, 00:50:40 #294 Last Edit: 2014 May 02, 01:08:01 by Zhai
ah, im so new from this year.
(im spanish so forgive my english btw >_<)

these later months on tumblr there's a lot of hate againts bronies, then that first brony documentary came out and tumblr made fun of it/them. i was curious so this january i watched it and i found it lovely.

then i watched equestria girls (yesss before watching the main show ahaha i didnt know that it happens after season 3 finale so there's the twilight alicorn spoiler but i didnt care cause i just was watching because i was curious and i really didnt pretend to watch the show anyways) but i like it so then i watched MLP ep 1 because i was more curious and that intro explained like an old legend is EPIC. then ep 2 and i really like it.

then ep3&4 and i was like "ok it seems it isnt as epic as the eps 1&2, meh" but for some reason i keep watching and then i didnt mind those "unepic" episodes and i started liking more and more and i watched all the seasons in one month. MLP all night long  ovO

i still think that seasons premiere/finales are the best episodes tho. (and the worst imo the CMC ones)

me at first: ok its cool
then: l-ol no plot now this is worse and childish than i thought
later: ok i dont mind its very cute i like it.and pinkeeey is crazeeey.  still dont like that they sing tho
more later: omg i love the show and i love that they sing. woah i love the songsssss  O: but no way im gonna buy merch or anything -.-
now: omg i love it more i want merch and read the comics and ponies ponies ponies ovO

ps: actually some years ago i thought at first that MLP was an adult fanmade cartoon show with black humour ahah then i watched like 5 seconds and i was like "nope thats not adult l-ol".
so then i started thinking that bronies "liked" it ironically and laughing at it, but then again i saw that i was wrong so i was "wtf l-ol whatever i dont care" and i forget about the show till tumblr starting hating bronies last year
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Griffon

I was buying The Ticket Master in our toy store after seeing the show intro.
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Greyscaleisme

I became a brony thanks to Eurobeat! (Him and the fact that my sister was a huge fan)
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Sook

One Friday evening, I was like, "OK Michal, our parents aren't here right now. You remember Tom, the friend of mine who was so obsessed with ponies?"
"Yeah?" he replied.
"Today I found out that Patrick also loves ponies. So you know what? Why don't we see what the big deal is?"
"OK"
*5 episodes later*
"Don't judge a book by it's cover."
*3 seasons later*
"EPIC!"

SnoWidget

Suggestion bar on YouTube...

Zsaszz

To this day I don't even know how, I never thought that a show like MLP would ever be of my liking, but here's the story.
I spend most of my internet time on YouTube, over the time I started to see comments on different videos from ppl with Ponies as avatar picture, I didn't really have any problem with that, but I saw a lot of other people just...bashing them in the comments, that did annoyed me, one day i posted a comment in a video an got a response from a user with a mlp image, we started a chain comment talking about the video and then suddenly, someone came out of nowhere and started to insult the guy that I was talking to cuz of his profile pic, well... I can't even say here what I said to the guy, it angered me the fact that he just insulted him for what he liked, at the end, the hater got mad and didn't respond anymore, the guy told me about the show n I said to him that i was going to check it out.
I did checked it, but at the first second that i saw the intro theme I almost turned it off, I thought that it was way too girly, after I passed the intro theme, i watched it completely, that episode was Party of one, I really liked that one, then I saw that it was the episode 25 of the first season, I saw the first season, then the 2nd, and the 3rd, and already saw the 4th completely. For someone as Skeptical as me, that reminded me to not Judge a book by its cover.

Go Up