Season 4 finale.

Started by cookiezmilk, 2014 May 10, 11:37:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

cookiezmilk

2014 May 10, 11:37:47 Last Edit: 2014 May 10, 17:57:36 by Chishio Kunrin
What was your opinion on it? I found it better than season 3 ending.
Spoiler: show
The only thing I didn't like was how her tree got blown up(that's what made her unique) and how they all turned into the rainbow ponies from that toy line that they're promoting.

SaipphireConstella

2014 May 10, 17:05:54 #1 Last Edit: 2014 May 10, 17:57:49 by Chishio Kunrin
I wouldn't say that her tree was what made her unique, but the only reason they blew it up was so that she could end up with a castle. So it was kind of a cheap move, but it also added to her feeling of loss in a big part of the episode. When they first started to renovate the castle of the two sisters, I though Twilight would make that her castle.
I was....more on the positive side with this finale in the end. I liked how they changed the focus back to the main six, rather than have them take a back seat to whole "save the day thing." After all, they are the characters we follow in the show, so it was better off as it was. Instead of simply introducing some random characters (which they still ended up doing, but at the very least they gave him a little more of a back story. These guys are really coming out of nowhere though.) and saying "Here's some vital characters you've never seen or heard of before! Watch them do everything!" I also enjoyed the fight scene....very much....
Discord....cheap, not cool. Should have known better. I saw this one coming a mile away, including Big Red's betrayal. For Discord to flip-flop so fast, it just doesn't make sense. Fluttershy should go Bear-break-neck on him. But I liked the idea of the villain stealing all of the magic from the ponies. It was interesting to know that their magic is connected to their cutie marks too. Or perhaps their cutie marks ARE their magic. Fillies and colts have cutie marks that just haven't been revealed to them yet. Only when they realize what kind of magic they posses do they appear.
I wish Twilight could have gone through a physical change when she absorbed all of the alicorn magic. We've seen Princess Luna change when she became more powerful, so I was hoping for a wavy-mane-tall-as-Celestia Twilight... I didn't like their Rainbow appearances either. The hair was just too much. They didn't need gargantuan flopping locks hanging all over their faces to look like they're using some kind of new magic. Had they only used the added colours it would have been fine.
I hope that prison gets a little more attention too! Why would a world of candy coloured magical ponies need a prison called Tartarus?! What in Equestria do they have hiding in there...besides that Hellboy rip-off....
Overall, it was all right. No major songs, not much of a villainous back story.
There can only be one...

Chishio Kunrin

2014 May 10, 17:59:22 #2 Last Edit: 2014 May 10, 18:07:24 by Chishio Kunrin
Remember to use the spoiler tags that are built into the forum. You're not allowed to post episode details without spoiler tags until Monday.
Quote from: cookiezmilk on 2014 May 10, 11:37:47
The only thing I didn't like was how her tree got blown up(that's what made her unique) and how they all turned into the rainbow ponies from that toy line that they're promoting.

Don't forget, the whole point of the show, ever since it first started with generation 1, is to advertise the toys.
So, of course those Rainbow Power toys are going to play a part in the show.

Speaking of...
Quote from: SaipphireConstella on 2014 May 10, 17:05:54
I wouldn't say that her tree was what made her unique, but the only reason they blew it up was so that she could end up with a castle. So it was kind of a cheap move, but it also added to her feeling of loss in a big part of the episode. When they first started to renovate the castle of the two sisters, I though Twilight would make that her castle.
I was....more on the positive side with this finale in the end. I liked how they changed the focus back to the main six, rather than have them take a back seat to whole "save the day thing." After all, they are the characters we follow in the show, so it was better off as it was. Instead of simply introducing some random characters (which they still ended up doing, but at the very least they gave him a little more of a back story. These guys are really coming out of nowhere though.) and saying "Here's some vital characters you've never seen or heard of before! Watch them do everything!" I also enjoyed the fight scene....very much....
Discord....cheap, not cool. Should have known better. I saw this one coming a mile away, including Big Red's betrayal. For Discord to flip-flop so fast, it just doesn't make sense. Fluttershy should go Bear-break-neck on him. But I liked the idea of the villain stealing all of the magic from the ponies. It was interesting to know that their magic is connected to their cutie marks too. Or perhaps their cutie marks ARE their magic. Fillies and colts have cutie marks that just haven't been revealed to them yet. Only when they realize what kind of magic they posses do they appear.
I wish Twilight could have gone through a physical change when she absorbed all of the alicorn magic. We've seen Princess Luna change when she became more powerful, so I was hoping for a wavy-mane-tall-as-Celestia Twilight... I didn't like their Rainbow appearances either. The hair was just too much. They didn't need gargantuan flopping locks hanging all over their faces to look like they're using some kind of new magic. Had they only used the added colours it would have been fine.
I hope that prison gets a little more attention too! Why would a world of candy coloured magical ponies need a prison called Tartarus?! What in Equestria do they have hiding in there...besides that Hellboy rip-off....

Speaking of generation 1. I said in the other thread, but I'll say it here too: Tirek is a villain from generation 1 of MLP. I'm not so sure that he's a Hellboy rip-off.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

DawnsEmbrace

2014 May 10, 22:24:46 #3 Last Edit: 2014 May 11, 12:42:55 by DawnsEmbrace

Well my friend, how do you think that world is so clean of evils?...
PS: I totally noticed how much he looked like Hell-boy too, especially with the fire between the horns! lol
<br />

AaronMk

Gets one KAKAROT! out of ten.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Midnight Breeze

I think by now they've decided that whenever they want somepony to look flashy or extravagant they should just make them look like a palette vomited on them.

Also, Twilight's castle looks like it got TP'd and then rained on...cannot unsee.

Bitgamer

2014 May 11, 00:55:23 #6 Last Edit: 2014 May 11, 00:59:26 by Bitgamer
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 10, 17:59:22
Remember to use the spoiler tags that are built into the forum. You're not allowed to post episode details without spoiler tags until Monday.
Quote from: cookiezmilk on 2014 May 10, 11:37:47

Don't forget, the whole point of the show, ever since it first started with generation 1, is to advertise the toys.
So, of course those Rainbow Power toys are going to play a part in the show.

Speaking of...

Speaking of generation 1. I said in the other thread, but I'll say it here too: Tirek is a villain from generation 1 of MLP. I'm not so sure that he's a Hellboy rip-off.

Actually he is right, Tirek was a G1 villian and I thought he played very close to that version's character. He was power hungry and took the magic of ponies as he did in the finale.

It really makes me smile to see that they would actually link characters across generations like that, so it begs to ask if we will see not only reoccurring characters from G4, but from previous generations as well?

AaronMk

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 10, 23:11:43
I think by now they've decided that whenever they want somepony to look flashy or extravagant they should just make them look like a palette vomited on them.

Also, Twilight's castle looks like it got TP'd and then rained on...cannot unsee.

I personally find it looks more horrifying than interior design in the French Rococo.

So much gold leaf abuse...

Unrelated, but I'm sure someone'll get their kicks:

It has to be this way...

Mizuki

Twilight's tree getting blown up was really dramatic, but her new castle is gaudy and cheap looking. I'm sorry but it really is gross to look at.

I actually don't mind the rainbowfied ponies themselves all that much. They're gaudy and over-the-top, but they'll also be a rare thing, and I quite enjoy the color palettes for Pinkie, Twilight, and Rarity especially.

The fight scene was great, the G1 villains were great...it was great!

Though something still felt kinda missing. I can't quite place it, but it wasn't nearly as satisfying as Magical Mystery Cure was for me. Magical Mystery Cure's ending was SO good that I even told myself "if the series ended right then and there, I'd have zero regrets."

Still, with M.A. Larson returning to Pony, I'm actually really excited for season 5. Season 4 gave me high hopes, but they were raised a little TOO high. I was actually disappointed with 85% of the season and that makes me really really sad ono

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Ründo

2014 May 11, 03:51:37 #9 Last Edit: 2014 May 11, 03:55:30 by Ründo
Spoiler: spoiler: at the very end of the episode • show
Wait... was Discord hitting on Celestia at the end?  Was not expecting that... more importantly, why hasn't the community gone into a spasm about it, and created yet, even more shipping fics about it  :I ....  Maybe I'm expecting to much too soon, and they are already doing so... the horror
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Chromastone64

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 11, 01:05:45

lol I should've know that would pop up.
As for me, I really liked the finale. There were some thing that rubbed me the wrong way, but I can't quite put my finger on them.
Plus the Discord treachery bit actually made me madder then it should.

But that final fight... *-* Although, I will admit the effects of the chest were a little anticlimatic; after that last fight, i just seemed a little...quick.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

snowflurry

2014 May 11, 06:59:28 #11 Last Edit: 2014 May 11, 07:34:43 by snowflurry

overall I liked the finale, better then season 3, not as good as season 2.

as many others have said I didn't like twilights new castle, when I saw it I literally said "a bit garish"

on a side note, and I might be a bit off and may get a bit of argument, but did Tirek shout "Allah " as he was defeated, cause when I heard it I was like "WHATTT, that cant be right" so I listened again, heard it again and resulted with "WTH.......".     
if you watch again and can only hear that now, sorry my bad

though I did get a bit side tracked on thinking on what was great about the first half, cause all I could thing was "Luna Singing ?!?  :3 YAY"

Princess Oliver

All I can say is yes, yes and yes.

Most important is Celestia x Discord is now a thing. Which is good. Very, Very good.
This blew my mind and I even watched some spoilers before I watched the episode.

Twilights Castle is ok, but #savetree is a thing. I want the library back or I want an Episode dedicated to Twilight being upset over the tree. She was not nearly as sad about loosing all that stuff as she should have been.

Princess Oliver
Princess of Arcane Engineering
Programming Co-Lead
[br]

Guardian Dreamer

I thought the finale is awesome. Ah mostly. But I just... *sigh* still confused now.
Because Twilight had Race-Shifting to Alicorn! Maybe I can't accept it yet.
I believe it will be better soon... :c

I love all bronies. you are make me happy.
Thanks Eivuiee!

XxFluttershy123

2014 May 11, 17:41:27 #14 Last Edit: 2014 May 11, 17:46:30 by XxFluttershy123
So, some of you guys might have sene the MLP season 4 finale. So I came down the the conclusion to ask this: What was your favrote part you licked about the finale? I liked the part where Twilight and her friends went rainbowfied and defeated Tirek.   *-* Maybe thats how they got the idea for MLP Equstria Girls: Rainbow Rocks.  lol
Yaaaaaaay~ LOL

AaronMk

The Tirek-Twi duel needed to be longer.

LostSanity

So... what was so controversial about that?

Here... let me answer that...

NOTHING.

That was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. That's all there is to it.

I certainly didn't expect an EPIC FIGHT like that. THAT was for sure!!

That fight reminded me of Dragon Ball Z. NO, NOT IN A BAD WAY. A GOOD WAY.

Dragon Ball Z has some pretty epic fights in that anime. That was a pretty epic fight.

There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING controversial about that episodes. NOTHING.

BEST. SEASON. YET.

Yes, IMO, but that's honestly how I feel.

Now go celebrate by listening to this credit theme:

[spoiler]

:3[/spoiler]
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

naisugai

well i found it disappointed at the end that whole cheap move with the power form only gave me the whole BUY OUR TOYS thing in my head,but the battle was just a rush ,not like the battle with Twilight and had Terik with all of the princess's powers which was awesome but they could used that battle for a final battle,and not the whole we do this one thing and you lose crap they did.that fight with terik was the most awesome battle I seen.but the rest was good/great.
and for some reason spike just make himself not likeable.

Tiger

2014 May 12, 21:08:44 #18 Last Edit: 2014 May 12, 21:14:23 by Tiger
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
This was the best part of the entire finale.

Also, I must say the "You'll play your part" song that all the princesses sang is so frikin majestic.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: naisugai on 2014 May 12, 19:22:05
well i found it disappointed at the end that whole cheap move with the power form only gave me the whole BUY OUR TOYS thing in my head,but the battle was just a rush ,not like the battle with Twilight and had Terik with all of the princess's powers which was awesome but they could used that battle for a final battle,and not the whole we do this one thing and you lose crap they did.that fight with terik was the most awesome battle I seen.but the rest was good/great.
and for some reason spike just make himself not likeable.

Well, the whole point of the show is to advertise the toys, after all. That, and what kind of message would it be sending if they left it at Twilight beating Tirek up? Parents wouldn't be very happy if a show meant to teach young children about friendship had an episode where the main characters' problems were solved by beating someone up.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up