Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morphius

2014 Sep 24, 20:00:26 #14180 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 24, 20:15:03 by Morphius
Spoiler: JT WILL NOT ONLY ANNOY YOUR EGO, BUT SOIL IT TOO!! -- WARNING: VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!! -- MAY ALSO MAKE PUMPKIN CAKE & POUND CAKE CRY... :,( • show

Honestly, after a couple years, in my eyes, JT will always be a disgrace to canadian television animation. It's original traditional animation was decent, but in ... flash... well after many episodes (used to like it enough to the point of being hyped, it wasn't worth it anymore as it can soil much...), I rage-quit. >:O

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Morphius on 2014 Sep 24, 20:00:26
Spoiler: JT WILL NOT ONLY ANNOY YOUR EGO, BUT SOIL IT TOO!! -- WARNING: VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!! -- MAY ALSO MAKE PUMPKIN CAKE & POUND CAKE CRY... :,( • show

Honestly, after a couple years, in my eyes, JT will always be a disgrace to canadian television animation. It's original traditional animation was decent, but in ... flash... well after many episodes (used to like it enough to the point of being hyped, it wasn't worth it anymore as it can soil much...), I rage-quit. >:O
Spoiler: show

Johnny Test is one of those shows that annoyingly uses the same exact sound effect for every little thing.
You know.
The whip.
For every little reaction or occurrence, they use a whip sound. What's with that? Do they think that's funny? Mix it up a bit! The only place I've seen that work is Spongebob, and only because the quack sound they always use is usually layered with another sound! They're not lazy and uncreative about how they use the quack! If you don't know what quack I'm talking about, it's okay, it took me years to realize that the quack is a really common sound in Spongebob episodes. The only video I can find on Youtube about the quack is one that just plays the quack sound, so eh.
Spoiler: Quack • show

Also, Johnny Test gets kind of tiring after a while. You start to realize just how stupid a lot of the episodes are, and they tend to follow the same patterns over and over again.
Pattern #1:
- Johnny has a problem
- His sisters just happened to invent something that very day that will help him with it
- Johnny uses the invention
- Something goes wrong, whether it's a malfunction or, more commonly, Johnny getting carried away
- They figure out a way to fix the problem
- All's good
Pattern #2:
- Johnny's sisters invent a new thing
- They force him to test it for them
- It seems pretty cool at first
- Something goes wrong
- They find a way to fix it
- The end.
The absolute majority of the Johnny Test episodes (at least, the ones before I stopped watching, so I dunno if that's changed. Probably not) follow those two patterns. The way they do it, it gets old.

Sure, there are other shows that follow certain patterns, but they don't do it in a way where the story of every single episode is the same exact stale old progression. For example, the early seasons of Fairly Oddparents did really well because it wasn't basically the same adventure over and over again. Vastly different things happened for many different reasons, so each episode felt like an entirely new story. It wasn't just
- Timmy has a problem/wants something
- Timmy makes a wish
- Wish goes wrong
- The end
over and over and over and over and over and over *gasp* and over again. We had episodes like...
- Wanda's dad goes missing, so she has to take over his garbage business while Timmy and Cosmo search for him.
- Timmy watches an action movie with his parents, then wishes he could go on cool action movie adventures like that. They go to Fairy World to do that, since it isn't illegal for him to drive a car in Fairy World, and they discover that Comso's mom has gone missing. They search for clues to find her, fearing that she has been kidnapped.
- The pixies take over Fairy World and turn wish granting into a business that pretty much won't allow fun wishes. Timmy finds this out while trying to wish for a mini golf course for a project for school. The pixies hire Cosmo as the Rice President. Yes... Rice President. Cosmo was supposed to be an important-sounding fairy figurehead to make the fairies feel a little more comfortable with the new arrangements. Timmy has to defeat the Head Pixie in a game of golf to win back Fairy World.
- I vaguely remember an episode where Cupid hosted a competition where the competitors had to collect stuff for him, and it turned out they were doing his breakfast shopping.
- Remmy Bucksaplenty tricks Timmy and his friends into enrolling at FUN Academy, which turns out to be a school for bad kids, run in a very military-like way. Remmy gets Cosmo and Wanda confiscated, and he puts a butterfly net over their fish bowl so they can't use magic to help Timmy.
- Timmy and Cosmo send Wanda to spend the day at a spa because she's stressed from always having to clean up their messes. They have to try to take care of all of their mess-ups themselves. At least all Timmy needs to do that day is write an essay on studying an animal, and he chooses roaches. Sounds simple enough, right? Right...? No...

You know, episodes that don't do the same exact thing over and over.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

I used to really like Johnny Test, and I find a few parts still funny. But yeah, the new episodes are just....bleh.
The one that bugs me the most is a newer one where they put in an island where his sisters send all the experiments he's beaten before. Do they bring back some of the experiments from the actually DESCENT episodes? NOPE. We just get I'M A SHOOOOOE!!!! every five seconds! >:(
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rissian

When I sleep I wake up every 2 hours now, I'm not sure why. So a night's sleep for me is sleep 2 hours wake up then sleep 2 hours again then the cycle repeats until daylight.

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 24, 18:23:32
People who insist on backing into parking spaces. People who insist on holding up traffic for this bizarre little theatrical stunt wear at my sanity like nobodies business. When asked why they insist on doing this they usually reply with "It's so much easier to just pull out of the space."

Well, yeah. I don't dispute for a second that driving forward out of a space is easier than backing out, but that's not what we should be comparing. Either way you have to back either in or out. So we should be comparing the difficulty and time consumption of backing in vs backing out.

Now, for the sake of maintaining my demeanor I'm going to explain this scenario using an analogy that's very near and dear to my heart: an ice cold can of Diet Coke. Imagine cracking open that delicious can of sweet nectar and letting it flow from the small hole in the can into the much larger hole that is your mouth. Easy and satisfying, right? No then - try imagining spitting that mouthful of coke back into the small hole in the can. That was much less easy and much less satisfying, right? Harder to aim, probably some spillage, not very neat. Not to mention you now have a can full of spittle, but I digress...

Where am I going with this? Simple. When you back out of space into the big, open area behind you you are letting your car flow out into the street's wide open mouth. But when you are backing in? You are trying to spit a mouthful of car into that tiny parking space can. It's just not worth it bro. Especially considering that spitting that coke back into the can is probably going to annoy and gross out those who see you doing it. Particularly if they wanted a sip of that coke.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a reasonable person, and as such I realize there are some times when it would be logical to back in:

- You are loading a bunch of junk into your trunk.

- You are unloading a bunch of junk out of your trunk.

- (I'd rather you didn't, thanks)

- You are a getaway driver for a robbery. Backing in would certainly be advantageous here, however you may want to consider and change of career.

Now, if none of the above apply to your current situation. Then please save everyone's time and simply pull into the space. The 2 or 3 cars behind you in lot don't want to sit and wait a minute or more while you awkwardly maneuver your car back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...trying to get into that spot backwards.

.........Also, yes, I suck at parallel parking.

I disagree slightly based alone on personal experience.  I drive a pickup truck and believe it or not, I have a very difficult time pulling front end first into parking spaces because of my truck's turn radius, and backing in is far easier.  Also when i'm backing out, if I was Front end in I would be backing out blind which is never a good scenario.

Also, it takes me approximately 15-20 seconds to back into a decent parking spot.  Watching someone do it for an entire minute would annoy me too...

Little Star

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Sep 25, 06:56:51
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 24, 18:23:32
People who insist on backing into parking spaces. People who insist on holding up traffic for this bizarre little theatrical stunt wear at my sanity like nobodies business. When asked why they insist on doing this they usually reply with "It's so much easier to just pull out of the space."

Well, yeah. I don't dispute for a second that driving forward out of a space is easier than backing out, but that's not what we should be comparing. Either way you have to back either in or out. So we should be comparing the difficulty and time consumption of backing in vs backing out.

Now, for the sake of maintaining my demeanor I'm going to explain this scenario using an analogy that's very near and dear to my heart: an ice cold can of Diet Coke. Imagine cracking open that delicious can of sweet nectar and letting it flow from the small hole in the can into the much larger hole that is your mouth. Easy and satisfying, right? No then - try imagining spitting that mouthful of coke back into the small hole in the can. That was much less easy and much less satisfying, right? Harder to aim, probably some spillage, not very neat. Not to mention you now have a can full of spittle, but I digress...

Where am I going with this? Simple. When you back out of space into the big, open area behind you you are letting your car flow out into the street's wide open mouth. But when you are backing in? You are trying to spit a mouthful of car into that tiny parking space can. It's just not worth it bro. Especially considering that spitting that coke back into the can is probably going to annoy and gross out those who see you doing it. Particularly if they wanted a sip of that coke.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a reasonable person, and as such I realize there are some times when it would be logical to back in:

- You are loading a bunch of junk into your trunk.

- You are unloading a bunch of junk out of your trunk.

- (I'd rather you didn't, thanks)

- You are a getaway driver for a robbery. Backing in would certainly be advantageous here, however you may want to consider and change of career.

Now, if none of the above apply to your current situation. Then please save everyone's time and simply pull into the space. The 2 or 3 cars behind you in lot don't want to sit and wait a minute or more while you awkwardly maneuver your car back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...trying to get into that spot backwards.

.........Also, yes, I suck at parallel parking.

I disagree slightly based alone on personal experience.  I drive a pickup truck and believe it or not, I have a very difficult time pulling front end first into parking spaces because of my truck's turn radius, and backing in is far easier.  Also when i'm backing out, if I was Front end in I would be backing out blind which is never a good scenario.

Also, it takes me approximately 15-20 seconds to back into a decent parking spot.  Watching someone do it for an entire minute would annoy me too...

We back into them at school because the traffic is so bad, you kinda have to.
It's not that big of a deal.

Morphius

2014 Sep 25, 16:42:48 #14186 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 25, 16:58:40 by Morphius

What's not to like about Donkey Kong Land? :l

1. Barely visible enemies.
2. Barely visible enemies that pelt you with down-climbing coral snakes from ropes, barely leaving you any chance to potentially react.
3. Only save the game data progressively by collecting K-O-N-G in each level.
4. Falling off screen & lose a lifepoint when yet at times there are platforms right below you.
5. Why are Gnawtys (Beavers) still in this game? STOP MAKING ME KILL BEAVERS -- *Flashback of killing a Gnawty in DK64 (Felt sad to me as a kid, even if it were trying to kill me first)* ono
6. Those monotonous & tedious cloud levels (I even stopped playing for a while since I didn't know where the exit was).
7. Some music numbers & levels exclusive to this game.
8. Why no barrel throwing orangutans from Donkey Kong Country?
9. Cave Dweller Concert almost sounds like a blatant ripoff of Jungle Hi-Jinx, yet can almost be enjoyable to help fill the void (if you want to listen to it).
10. Bosses are less intimidating than in Donkey Kong Country.
11. No dancing fanfare from clearing levels, or defeating King K. Rool in the City.
12. Flying Pigs, really? Is that the best that Rool could conjure up? Almost - That makes me sorry for them.
13. THOSE FREAKING CLOUD STAGES!! >:O

If Nintendo ever decides to make a real Donkey Kong Land Returns title, please see too it that they don't follow most - any of these flaws... Meanwhile, I'm counting "Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D" as Donkey Kong Land Returns...

dr.induction

people that argue for the sake of an argument, even if there argument totally contradicts the objective. This wonderful stuff blows my mind. I have no idea why but trying to prune a rose bush with a baseball bat comes to mind. ^-^

Morphius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 24, 22:03:56
Quote from: Morphius on 2014 Sep 24, 20:00:26

Johnny Test is one of those shows that annoyingly uses the same exact sound effect for every little thing.
You know.
The whip.
For every little reaction or occurrence, they use a whip sound. What's with that? Do they think that's funny? Mix it up a bit! The only place I've seen that work is Spongebob, and only because the quack sound they always use is usually layered with another sound! They're not lazy and uncreative about how they use the quack! If you don't know what quack I'm talking about, it's okay, it took me years to realize that the quack is a really common sound in Spongebob episodes. The only video I can find on Youtube about the quack is one that just plays the quack sound, so eh.
Spoiler: Quack • show

Also, Johnny Test gets kind of tiring after a while. You start to realize just how stupid a lot of the episodes are, and they tend to follow the same patterns over and over again.
Pattern #1:
- Johnny has a problem
- His sisters just happened to invent something that very day that will help him with it
- Johnny uses the invention
- Something goes wrong, whether it's a malfunction or, more commonly, Johnny getting carried away
- They figure out a way to fix the problem
- All's good
Pattern #2:
- Johnny's sisters invent a new thing
- They force him to test it for them
- It seems pretty cool at first
- Something goes wrong
- The end.
The absolute majority of the Johnny Test episodes (at least, the ones before I stopped watching, so I dunno if that's changed. Probably not) follow those two patterns. The way they do it, it gets old.

Don't forget there were racing episodes...

Pattern 3:
- J & D / Twins challenge each other to see who's the best.
- Passer-byes like the twins want in on this, followed by Black & White, Brain Freezer, Mr. Mittens, Wacko, Sargent, Darth Vegan, etc.
- Race starts with many machines totaled by each other competitors, whilst J & D are still unscathed.
- Last ditch effort, J & D burst past their setback & take the win.
- The End

Oh, & about that duck effect from Spongebob Squarepants, I already knew/remember that too. Marginally, 'tis executed better than JT.

Midnight Breeze

I decided to give HIIT a try this evening. I found a home workout video on youtube to follow, it looked easy enough to me at the time.

Me: Ha! 18 minutes including rest intervals? This will be easy!

*9 minutes later*

Me: *pant* *pant* Oh God! I can't...go...on!

I am fat, FAT! If I can't keep up 10 minutes of cardio, I'm doomed...

Everyone struggles with HIIT the first time though, right.....right? I hope so.  >.<

Firey

Everytime I try to open-up and be optimistic, it always goes down shortly later from my overly-fragile emotions...
(it only takes a few insults...)
Then I return to my state of ...you know the rest...
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Midnight Breeze

Scumbag Popeye's came out with a so-called beer can chicken meal. Problem is...it is not prepared with any beer.

I feel cheated and lied to.

Dark Hooves

managers at work who blame me for something someone else did because i believe someone there is trying to get me fired, the incident happened yesterday morning on a day i had off from work
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Chishio Kunrin

Random Youtube commenter: AMERICA - COUNTRY OR CONTINENT?
me: Nope. *Scrolls away* Don't even. I'm so sick of that argument. You're pretty obviously a troll.

I am witness to a rather sad part of my teenage friend's life. Her parents apparently don't understand what they're doing to her.
They give her little sister everything she wants and treat her a lot better than they treat my friend, spoiling her little sister rotten, giving her little sister things that my friend never got but wanted at her age, etc. They favor her little sister and yell at my friend over every little thing, even when her little sister is the one who's in the wrong.
And yet...
They wonder why she isolates herself in her room all the time. They wonder why she doesn't want to talk to them. They wonder why she gets so annoyed at them. They wonder why she would rather spend time at my house as often as she can and for as long as she can.

She doesn't blame her little sister. In fact, she absolutely adores her little sister, even though she's kind of annoying sometimes, but hey, that's what little sisters are like.

Now, they're planning to get her little sister a puppy that's going to grow into a huge dog. It's a Great Pyrenees/Greyhound mix, and it's going to live inside their house. Meanwhile, my friend's German Shepherd/Border Collie mix has been having to live outside all his life, and he has been escaping their backyard lately. Her dad has decided that, next time that dog gets caught by animal control, they're not paying to get him back.

They're somehow blind to the fact that they're one of the reasons she is the way she is, and I hate it.

And this isn't some case where I only know about this from her talking about it. Her parents are friends of my parents, and we hang around them a lot. I have seen this stuff happen for myself. This isn't teenage angst twisting the situation and making it melodramatic. This is reality.
If you're gonna have multiple kids, try to treat them equally. Don't treat the new kid like a new puppy and leave the older one to feel ignored and unloved. Don't spoil the younger one rotten and yell at the older one about everything. Don't be strict on the older one but let the younger one get away with everything. It's things like this that really annoy me.

When I'm trying to type an annoyed rant, and people keep talking to me. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrEmu

A long time ago we had this REALLY old sink...
One time I turned it on, I turned the handle left, the water came out...
I turned it right, MORE water came out!
I turned it LEFT, MORE water came out!

...This is a metaphor...
(Still a true story though)

Dark Hooves

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 27, 00:09:25
Random Youtube commenter: AMERICA - COUNTRY OR CONTINENT?
me: Nope. *Scrolls away* Don't even. I'm so sick of that argument. You're pretty obviously a troll.

I am witness to a rather sad part of my teenage friend's life. Her parents apparently don't understand what they're doing to her.
They give her little sister everything she wants and treat her a lot better than they treat my friend, spoiling her little sister rotten, giving her little sister things that my friend never got but wanted at her age, etc. They favor her little sister and yell at my friend over every little thing, even when her little sister is the one who's in the wrong.
And yet...
They wonder why she isolates herself in her room all the time. They wonder why she doesn't want to talk to them. They wonder why she gets so annoyed at them. They wonder why she would rather spend time at my house as often as she can and for as long as she can.

She doesn't blame her little sister. In fact, she absolutely adores her little sister, even though she's kind of annoying sometimes, but hey, that's what little sisters are like.

Now, they're planning to get her little sister a puppy that's going to grow into a huge dog. It's a Great Pyrenees/Greyhound mix, and it's going to live inside their house. Meanwhile, my friend's German Shepherd/Border Collie mix has been having to live outside all his life, and he has been escaping their backyard lately. Her dad has decided that, next time that dog gets caught by animal control, they're not paying to get him back.

They're somehow blind to the fact that they're one of the reasons she is the way she is, and I hate it.

And this isn't some case where I only know about this from her talking about it. Her parents are friends of my parents, and we hang around them a lot. I have seen this stuff happen for myself. This isn't teenage angst twisting the situation and making it melodramatic. This is reality.
If you're gonna have multiple kids, try to treat them equally. Don't treat the new kid like a new puppy and leave the older one to feel ignored and unloved. Don't spoil the younger one rotten and yell at the older one about everything. Don't be strict on the older one but let the younger one get away with everything. It's things like this that really annoy me.

When I'm trying to type an annoyed rant, and people keep talking to me. :\

my father is the same way, he gives my older brother everything he wants and does nothing but harp at me, he even let my younger brother get away with stuff he should have got in trouble for, I'm so glad I don't live in my dad's house anymore
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Midnight Breeze

I still don't know why my Steam language keeps getting defaulted to Hungarian.

Dark Hooves

Midnight Breeze

Highly unlikely. It's been happening for years and I've never seen anything that would suggest that. Plus, I'm not the only one. It's reported by many people, a different language for each of them. Google "Steam defaults to..." and you'll see all the languages people search.

Dark Hooves

that might be unlikely but still is a threat the most skilled hackers try to be inconspicuous when they hack people's computers

Go Up