Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

I've seen a lot of hate for JT on here. I can't blame them. But can't think of any TV show I really ha-

NOOOOO!!!! NOT THIS STUPID SHOW!! I HATE ROBOTBOY!!!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Sep 27, 13:06:42
that might be unlikely but still is a threat the most skilled hackers try to be inconspicuous when they hack people's computers

Sure, if they're planning to do something illegal, but after all this time I'm missing no money from my steam wallet, no new games nave been purchases, no changes have been made to my profile,  and no playtime has been mysteriously added to any of my games. So unless it's just some Hungarian guy who gets a kick out of logging on and staring at my profile page everyday, I doubt I have any cause for alarm.

DawnsEmbrace

I've just discovered you can order a pizza without cheese on it.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
<br />

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Sep 27, 19:12:46
I've just discovered you can order a pizza without cheese on it.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Lactose intolerance, yo.

I laid down for a nap today and accidentally slept for houuuuuurrrrrrrrsssssss.
Upon waking up, I remembered that Cryaotic does late night livestreams on Saturdays with his friends. I tuned in, and...
he's in the middle of playing Phoenix Wright. :'( I missed stuff.

See, I've been watching him play Phoenix Wright on his livestream for a couple weeks now, and I've been trying to make sure I keep up with it because it has an actual story, and I don't want to be lost. Well, now I'm going to be lost as soon as he gets back from break because I missed some gameplay, and I don't know how much gameplay I missed.

Woe is me! D: Curse my super long naps!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Star

The fact that society teaches women that they can't wear whatever they want because of men.

Just because I decide to wear shorts that are short, doesn't mean I'm doing it for guys. Ohohoh, no. I wear they because they match my style. And frankly, they're pretty cute.
But apparently we teach our children that just because I wear them means I'm open to any kind of harassment.

We seriously need to teach our children (boys and girls) that we can wear what we want, and to keep their hands/ eyes to themselves.

Seriously.

Sakura_Blossom

Every time I want some peace and quiet after school, there is always an army of screaming 8-year-old boys at my house...  >:(

Chromastone64

About that: I'm only 16, and I'm already complaining about how there are SCREAMING KIDS AND BABIES EVERY SINGLE PLACE YOU GO!!!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Sep 28, 12:47:45
About that: I'm only 16, and I'm already complaining about how there are SCREAMING KIDS AND BABIES EVERY SINGLE PLACE YOU GO!!!!

I have an effect on children where if I just talk to them, they become silent out of fear.

When someone  persistently trying to get me to watch their movies that I have no interest in (mostly comedies that only use adult humor for every single joke). I've tried to convince some of my friends to watch a horror movie with me just for Halloween, but I give up after the first try.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Sep 28, 14:32:35 #14208 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 28, 14:51:18 by DawnsEmbrace
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 28, 08:52:48
The fact that society teaches women that they can't wear whatever they want because of men.

Just because I decide to wear shorts that are short, doesn't mean I'm doing it for guys. Ohohoh, no. I wear they because they match my style. And frankly, they're pretty cute.
But apparently we teach our children that just because I wear them means I'm open to any kind of harassment.

We seriously need to teach our children (boys and girls) that we can wear what we want, and to keep their hands/ eyes to themselves.

Seriously.

But how does society teach that?  It would seem to me -by the very existence of your short-shorts- that this is indeed NOT something society has a problem with.
I'm (Sweet Celestia that's a heck of a typo to make.  I meant to say >) NOT the kind of man to be ugly about things like skimpy clothing, but I honestly don't think the male half of society has a problem with it.
And I really wish I saw more people start actually covering themselves up, though.  Call me weird, but stuff like that isn't all that attractive to me.
On another note, when have we actively taught children to be that way?  I don't think I've seen a single instance of a parent trying to create a terrible person.
And if they do, then it's on them.  They're bad parents, plain and simple.

All in all...I'm not entirely sure why I made this post.
After all, it's not like many people here are going to approve of it in the slightest.
...Huh.

When I want to say something, and the person I'm talking to can only resort to speaking louder and talking over me to win the argument/State their point.
<br />

Little Star

True true, but in schools we tell girls that they cant wear stuff witha  certain amount of skin showing because it "distracts men"

DawnsEmbrace

I'm with you on that one.  That's a dumb reason.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Well 'distracting men' is a poor explanation, but showing up to school practically half-naked is just plain distasteful and it should be against the rules.

Whenever I see someone dressed in something like a miniskirt and a tubetop, my first thought is "Um, forget to get dressed this morning?" Why even bother wearing clothes if they don't cover anything? Might as well just show up in your underwear.

Little Star

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 28, 14:54:14
Well 'distracting men' is a poor explanation, but showing up to school practically half-naked is just plain distasteful and it should be against the rules.

Whenever I see someone dressed in something like a miniskirt and a tubetop, my first thought is "Um, forget to get dressed this morning?" Why even bother wearing clothes if they don't cover anything? Might as well just show up in your underwear.

This is something that annoys me.

It's our body.
We can put whatever we want on it. Even if we choose to not put anything on it tbh.

Night Pony

This argument in a nutshell.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chack

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Sep 28, 13:24:18
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Sep 28, 12:47:45

I have an effect on children where if I just talk to them, they become silent out of fear.

I have an effect on kids where if I talk/play with them, they follow me wherever I go. Seriously, Pied Piper stuff.
Anyway...
I told the guy at the barber shop to do a trim, like take an inch off. He then cuts off 3 inches of hair, and leaves an inch left. Not a trim, yo.
Wait for it...

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Sep 28, 15:15:31
This argument in a nutshell.
Spoiler: Her majesty, Miss Shoe0nhead • show

Night, thou hath invoked the wisdom of her majesty Miss Shoe0nhead herself.
I love you.

Also, I had no idea that was a gif.  I'm saving that forever.
<br />

Nuserame

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 28, 14:57:03
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 28, 14:54:14

This is something that annoys me.

It's our body.
We can put whatever we want on it. Even if we choose to not put anything on it tbh.

Ah this argument. Fun.

Thing is, that goes when you live on your own and are enjoying your free time. However if you still live with your parents, go to school, or go to work, you are NOT free to wear what you like. Others will dictate what you wear in quite a lot of places, your parent have the liberty to decide what you wear (even if they dont/fail to), you will not be getting hired for/keeping very many jobs wearing miniskirts or old smudged t-shirts and plenty of schools have limits on what is allowed.

Yes strictly speaking you have complete liberty in what you put on yourself... except wearing nothing in public, or wearing masks in public, or wearing SS uniforms, or at work, or when your parents tell you not to, etc.

Like all 'freedom' it comes with caveats and exceptions as well as the responsibility to not do anything too stupid with it.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

I understand society wanting people in general to wear a decent amount of clothing in various situations.

However, what is ridiculous is when people say "It's your fault that you got harassed! If you didn't want men trying to harass you and do things like that, you shouldn't have been wearing shorts and a tanktop in public! I don't care that it's 100 degrees outside! You were asking - no, begging - for it by wearing those clothes!"
EXCUSE ME. Excuse me for not wanting to sweat to death in the sweltering heat! How about you go talk to the guys who're harassing women and tell them to have some self control, like a decent human being! What other people might do is not my responsibility and should not dictate whether or not I can wear comfortable clothing.

That's pretty much what I have to say on the matter.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2014 Sep 28, 19:19:23 #14218 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 28, 19:22:02 by Trege
I don't have much to say on the matter given that Chishio did a pretty good job on it, but I do have a bit of advice. You really shouldn't stereotype an entire gender Starsong. Not all men act the same just like not all women do either. And on your whole clothes thing in your last post there are many things wrong with what you just said and those wrong things don't belong to any one gender. It may be your body but the world doesn't belong to any one person and we need to respect each other.

What you said reminded me about what happened in France on the news. But I won't mention that here.

Little Star

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 28, 19:08:30
I understand society wanting people in general to wear a decent amount of clothing in various situations.

However, what is ridiculous is when people say "It's your fault that you got harassed! If you didn't want men trying to harass you and do things like that, you shouldn't have been wearing shorts and a tanktop in public! I don't care that it's 100 degrees outside! You were asking - no, begging - for it by wearing those clothes!"
EXCUSE ME. Excuse me for not wanting to sweat to death in the sweltering heat! How about you go talk to the guys who're harassing women and tell them to have some self control, like a decent human being! What other people might do is not my responsibility and should not dictate whether or not I can wear comfortable clothing.

That's pretty much what I have to say on the matter.

Yes. YES.

When people just blame the women for getting harassed, that's what I'm talking about

Yeah, it's not all men but still. People say "WOMEN wear too skimpy clothes" what about those guys who sag and wear those really tiny tank tops. Not the same thing but stilll.

Go Up