if you could.....

Started by kenan89, 2012 Oct 08, 15:12:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 09, 03:14:31
from sheer willpower? O:

That's all you need to start making your way there. In fact, that's what you need to do anything!

So... Yep. May need some science done, but I got friends like you who are experienced in science. I'll just boost their morale, maybe pay them with Pizza and come up with epic ideas throughout the project that will make it successful. :]

I keep wishing for it every night, might as well make it happen at some point, somehow. ^-^
Purr~

Tiger

Hay, we all know Equestria is a world made up by Lauren Faust. There's no way we'd actually get there.

What we need to do is MAKE Equestria ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Julius

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 09, 04:34:04
Hay, we all know Equestria is a world made up by Lauren Faust. There's no way we'd actually get there.

You're wrong, in my opinion anyways.

Please note that english isn't my main language, so what I'm about to say may not sound like I imagine.

You see, as soon as she came up with it, that world became something real. Somewhere, it may exist. I... Man my head hurts just trying to explain this without sounding like a fool. :l

After a quick search, I was able to find what I meant, so here it is.

The Many-worlds interpretation.

Spoiler: show
The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction, but denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, or just many-worlds.

The original relative state formulation is due to Hugh Everett in 1957.[2][3] Later, this formulation was popularized and renamed many-worlds by Bryce Seligman DeWitt in the 1960s and 1970s.[1][4][5][6] The decoherence approaches to interpreting quantum theory have been further explored and developed,[7][8][9] becoming quite popular. MWI is one of many multiverse hypotheses in physics and philosophy. It is currently considered a mainstream interpretation along with the other decoherence interpretations and the Copenhagen interpretation.[10]

Before many-worlds, reality had always been viewed as a single unfolding history. Many-worlds, however, views reality as a many-branched tree, wherein every possible quantum outcome is realised.[11] Many-worlds claims to reconcile the observation of non-deterministic events, such as the random radioactive decay, with the fully deterministic equations of quantum physics.

In many-worlds, the subjective appearance of wavefunction collapse is explained by the mechanism of quantum decoherence, which resolves all of the correlation paradoxes of quantum theory, such as the EPR paradox[12][13] and Schrödinger's cat,[1] since every possible outcome of every event defines or exists in its own "history" or "world". In lay terms, there is a very large--perhaps infinite[14]--number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes.

You can also click the link if you desire to read more into it.

This is also a nice read to go with that: Multiverse.

Back to what I wanted to say, based on that, there is a possibility for that universe to be real. If the humans ever discover a way to travel between all of these possible universes, we could someday reach Equestria, since it could exist in another universe, you know?

Hopefully, it all makes sense with that information I provided. If not, I shall try to explain further. ^-^

Thanks for reading.
Purr~

Zygrograxgra

That would be horribly evul AND evil.
No, I'd rather not, if possible reverse the situation.
If I MUST take a pony from the show, I'll steal Trixie. She's annoying, she needs to be taught a lesson, yadda yadda yadda.
If I can take one of my characters instead, I'll go with that still unnamed extremely long haired mare of mine.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4022.0

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

PrincessButton

Instead of pulling one single pony out, I'd pull myself in!  ovO
Then everypony would be happy.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Repor Fixup

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 09, 05:13:44
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 09, 04:34:04

You're wrong, in my opinion anyways.

Please note that english isn't my main language, so what I'm about to say may not sound like I imagine.

You see, as soon as she came up with it, that world became something real. Somewhere, it may exist. I... Man my head hurts just trying to explain this without sounding like a fool. :l

After a quick search, I was able to find what I meant, so here it is.

The Many-worlds interpretation.

Spoiler: show
The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction, but denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, or just many-worlds.

The original relative state formulation is due to Hugh Everett in 1957.[2][3] Later, this formulation was popularized and renamed many-worlds by Bryce Seligman DeWitt in the 1960s and 1970s.[1][4][5][6] The decoherence approaches to interpreting quantum theory have been further explored and developed,[7][8][9] becoming quite popular. MWI is one of many multiverse hypotheses in physics and philosophy. It is currently considered a mainstream interpretation along with the other decoherence interpretations and the Copenhagen interpretation.[10]

Before many-worlds, reality had always been viewed as a single unfolding history. Many-worlds, however, views reality as a many-branched tree, wherein every possible quantum outcome is realised.[11] Many-worlds claims to reconcile the observation of non-deterministic events, such as the random radioactive decay, with the fully deterministic equations of quantum physics.

In many-worlds, the subjective appearance of wavefunction collapse is explained by the mechanism of quantum decoherence, which resolves all of the correlation paradoxes of quantum theory, such as the EPR paradox[12][13] and Schrödinger's cat,[1] since every possible outcome of every event defines or exists in its own "history" or "world". In lay terms, there is a very large--perhaps infinite[14]--number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes.

You can also click the link if you desire to read more into it.

This is also a nice read to go with that: Multiverse.

Back to what I wanted to say, based on that, there is a possibility for that universe to be real. If the humans ever discover a way to travel between all of these possible universes, we could someday reach Equestria, since it could exist in another universe, you know?

Hopefully, it all makes sense with that information I provided. If not, I shall try to explain further. ^-^

Thanks for reading.
That somehow... Makes sense. I don't know how, but it does. Kinda like the episode "Feeling Pinkie Keen".

As for the subject itself, I'd say having a pony in our world is NOT a good idea. If you think about it, the pony would have a harder time living in our world than their own world, even if they DO manage to adjust to it. I agree with Magus. I wouldn't want to bring a pony here, no matter how badly he/she wants to be here. So as exciting as having a pony in the real world would be, I'm gonna have to turn down that offer.  :c
Thanks for the drawing, Tiger.

I love to fly around and fix things with my hammer.

Vertigo

I pick fluttershy. (Going to get lots and lots and lots etc. Of hugs  <3)

Vick McBread

We'd grab Pinkie pie and let her pull us into the show. lol
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Dawnstar

I wouldn't, between culture shock and just how much worse our world is compared to theirs it would be cruel to permanently strand any pony here.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2012 Oct 12, 11:05:11
I wouldn't, between culture shock and just how much worse our world is compared to theirs it would be cruel to permanently strand any pony here.
exactly, unless somehow we could create a two-way portal for visiting ponies or something, I don't see how getting a pony into our world is in any way, shape or form a good thing.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Meteor

I would do it for science. If Twilight was here, we could study how her unicorn powers work.

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Oct 11, 22:02:05

Really? The shyest and most easily scared pony in the show, in our world. You are a bad pony.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Oct 12, 23:54:03
Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Oct 11, 22:02:05

Really? The shyest and most easily scared pony in the show, in our world. You are a bad pony.
Quote from: Meteor on 2012 Oct 12, 23:43:50
I would do it for science. If Twilight was here, we could study how her unicorn powers work.
so is this.  experimentation on a sentient being?  are you serious? :l  like being GLaDoS, except without the poor excuse of being an unfeeling machine.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Meteor

It would obviously have to be consensual or she would simply choose not to cooperate or use her unicorn powers and then there would be nothing to study.

The Wandering Magus

well, in that case consensually, yes.  As I've said, if it's entirely consensual on the pony's part, and there existed a strong possibility of afterwards creating a two-way portal either through magic or technology, or a combination of the two, I would not be too disinclined to having a pony here.

Tiger

So, frankly speaking and summing it all up, bringing any of the ponies into our world is cruel and inhumane.
End of story.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

PrincessButton

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 13, 03:05:31
So, frankly speaking and summing it all up, bringing any of the ponies into our world is cruel and inhumane.
End of story.
Basically.
Did any of you even stop to think about what certain people might do to the poor things??  :s
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Flamestriker

I wouldn't. I'd instead jump in with a very long bungee cord  ovO
[move][/move]

Julius

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 13, 04:06:31
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 13, 03:05:31
End of story.
Basically.
Did any of you even stop to think about what certain people might do to the poor things??  :s

Actually I did. Kinda regret saying I'd bring one here if they wanted to come in that first post. :s

So I'll stick to what I said in my other posts!
Purr~

The Wandering Magus

All agreed, I think.

Go Up