The Use of Saddles

Started by Thetracker3, 2012 Sep 06, 17:20:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thetracker3

I want to say this is where this kind of question would go, seeing how it is based off of something in the show, saddles.

Here's my question: What is the use of saddles, in a world with no humans? We humans invented saddles so that we could ride horses with less chaffing. And unless I am mistaken, there are no humans in Equestria... So, can you guys help me find out why there are saddles in MLP: FiM? Because this has eluded me for the longest time... well, since I first questioned saddles existence... about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Pity Anti-bronies, for they don't know the love of The Herd.

Pet's name: Fëanáro
Ultimate brony survey: http://derpy.me/UBS2012

Night Pony

They were made for Spike so he could ride Twilight with no problem.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Zygrograxgra

Probably just for looks and stuff.
Remember the the whole point of clothing in that world is looks.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

Seems to be fashion. Some people have theories, though, that involve the show taking place a long time after an apocalypse wiped out humans or something.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Star Striker

It makes more sense for clothes to be held on with saddles in MLP universe.

The Wandering Magus

there are other theories, but those are NSFW.  Just look it up on google if you don't believe me.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Thetracker3

Ok, so far only Night Pony has given me an answer I did not expect. But that answer is flawed: If saddles are for spike to ride twilight, why do all the other ponies wear them?

@Magus: I believe you. Knowing the kinds of stuff people make involving ponies and content that is NSFW, I think I'll stop while my eyes are unmolested.

@Everyone else: Couldn't you guys/gals come up with something more creative than fashion? I mean, come on! Spin me a tale of Magic, Fantasy, Dragons and Monsters! I'd take that over fashion any day. (note: I was thinking that fashion would be the mane answer, and you proved me right)
Pity Anti-bronies, for they don't know the love of The Herd.

Pet's name: Fëanáro
Ultimate brony survey: http://derpy.me/UBS2012

Blues-Music

Quote from: Thetracker3 on 2012 Sep 07, 10:54:37
Ok, so far only Night Pony has given me an answer I did not expect. But that answer is flawed: If saddles are for spike to ride twilight, why do all the other ponies wear them?

@Magus: I believe you. Knowing the kinds of stuff people make involving ponies and content that is NSFW, I think I'll stop while my eyes are unmolested.

@Everyone else: Couldn't you guys/gals come up with something more creative than fashion? I mean, come on! Spin me a tale of Magic, Fantasy, Dragons and Monsters! I'd take that over fashion any day. (note: I was thinking that fashion would be the mane answer, and you proved me right)
Well duh.There isn't any other answer except the NSFW which is none canon in anyway , and its already confirmed that they are for fashion so if we try to be creative its like trying to be wrong.

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 06, 17:33:57
Seems to be fashion. Some people have theories, though, that involve the show taking place a long time after an apocalypse wiped out humans or something.
Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord?
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

I already said something other than fashion. >.<

I said that some bronies have theories about the show taking place long after an apocalypse wiped out the human race, and that's why the ponies have stuff made by humans for horses, like saddles and bridles.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 07, 13:05:52

I already said something other than fashion. >.<

I said that some bronies have theories about the show taking place long after an apocalypse wiped out the human race, and that's why the ponies have stuff made by humans for horses, like saddles and bridles.
It has been said many times humans never existed in the pony world.

Chishio Kunrin

Ah. Well, then, I have no idea. Out-of-universe, it's just due to the show's creators driving home the fact that they're horses. "What would a horse wear?" "A saddle?"

Bravo 658

The Wandering Magus

it's the artists being bored.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Blues-Music

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 07, 13:55:55
it's the artists being bored.

Unlikely.Possible , but unlikely.
The ponies also wear dresses , and http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.s.So they could have just made them wear those.

Book Smarts

The saddles could just be a way to cover a ponies back to keep themselves warm  :s

Blues-Music

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 14:18:15
The saddles could just be a way to cover a ponies back to keep themselves warm  :s
Well thats what clothes are.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 14:20:36

Okay then, it could be like a cape that humans wear  :l

Blues-Music

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 14:47:42

Capes are clothes.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 14:48:46
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 14:47:42

Capes are clothes.

I always saw them as fashion accessories

Go Up