Started by McSleuthburger, 2012 Jul 13, 16:27:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 15, 01:24:56
Spoiler: show
What better way to conquer your fear, than to be what you fear the most

I can't help but wonder if it's a little poke at Friendship is Witchcraft, though, since Fluttershy is the daughter of a dragon in that series. "Dragon-ness is recessive."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Blues-Music

2012 Jul 15, 08:46:22 #21 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 15, 08:56:21 by Blues-Music
The whole fair episode is an O.C story gold.The pets ,The new country ,the new food ,and the new ponies.For me i'm getting a pet umm whats it called?Hous...Yews...Sheep!Also since Blues has a lot to do with Vinyl ,and Octavia this will be perfect to find out if they also live in ponyville so I can pick between Blues is a fan ,and Blues is a friend.I'm making a chrystal pony O.C right after I see how they look like.Also the whole princess Twilight thing gets all my no.Making one of them royalty?Seriously?What if the personality changes?Even if it doesn't its stupid that twilight will not only keep studying ,but do princess duties ,and judging by how they say the bridesmades get to become royalty to.They become princess ponies ,and leave ponyville ,and Twilight raising the sun?Why you think they will kill of celestia?Even if at the end they decide to not become royalty ,and go back to ponyville its still pretty much the stupidest idea ever espicially since Rarity would probably want to stay.I hope its something simple like maybe Twilights school reunion ,or something ,and she has to repass the test like everyone else ,but with a really hard spell ,or something like that ,but NEVER EVER TURN THEM INTO ROYALTY EVEN FOR A SECOND!

BlackVortex

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 15, 08:46:22
The whole fair episode is an O.C story gold.The pets ,The new country ,the new food ,and the new ponies.For me i'm getting a pet umm whats it called?Hous...Yews...Sheep!Also since Blues has a lot to do with Vinyl ,and Octavia this will be perfect to find out if they also live in ponyville so I can pick between Blues is a fan ,and Blues is a friend.I'm making a chrystal pony O.C right after I see how they look like.Also the whole princess Twilight thing gets all my no.Making one of them royalty?Seriously?What if the personality changes?Even if it doesn't its stupid that twilight will not only keep studying ,but do princess duties ,and judging by how they say the bridesmades get to become royalty to.They become princess ponies ,and leave ponyville ,and Twilight raising the sun?Why you think they will kill of celestia?Even if at the end they decide to not become royalty ,and go back to ponyville its still pretty much the stupidest idea ever espicially since Rarity would probably want to stay.I hope its something simple like maybe Twilights school reunion ,or something ,and she has to repass the test like everyone else ,but with a really hard spell ,or something like that ,but NEVER EVER TURN THEM INTO ROYALTY EVEN FOR A SECOND!

Sorry If you took it like that, I was just saying some people on youtube were guessing that... and now with the second song I don't see any way it would work, this was before the second song came out... and the reason celesta was possibly un-able to raise the sun was because she was sick, sorry if you thought I was doing more than sharing some random youtube stuff that I thought was interesting. (Please don't argue about this, I am just clarifying that It was not meant to be taken like that.
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Blues-Music

Quote from: BlackVortex on 2012 Jul 15, 14:12:44

Sorry If you took it like that, I was just saying some people on youtube were guessing that... and now with the second song I don't see any way it would work, this was before the second song came out... and the reason celesta was possibly un-able to raise the sun was because she was sick, sorry if you thought I was doing more than sharing some random youtube stuff that I thought was interesting. (Please don't argue about this, I am just clarifying that It was not meant to be taken like that.

I was talking about the youtube comments I post before I read I didn't know you posted anything about it.

Book Smarts

The Trixie episode is going to be interesting, would be great if they add Seths OC into a crowd smiling

BlackVortex

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 15, 15:37:44
Quote from: BlackVortex on 2012 Jul 15, 14:12:44

I was talking about the youtube comments I post before I read I didn't know you posted anything about it.

Ok sorry! I thoght you were talking about my post!  lol
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Lord of Madness

From what I have seen I can tell I'm already going to love season 3

Also on that point unlike Lary I find that Fans having a role in the show really gives me high hopes on the shows progression.

The Wandering Magus

those revelations...

and for the record, I agree with Blues, making EVERYPONY royalty is just not going to go over well at all.  They ALREADY did that with G3 Princess Wysteria, and THAT didn't end well.  And the crystal ponies... I HOPE they are not taking a step backwards, but comparatively from that particular song (and yes this is probably just an overgeneralization that won't be applicable by the time the episode comes out) it seems S3 is going to be a little bit too similar to G3 for comfort... that's just what it seems like at the moment.  Feel free to point out all the flaws in my argument x3  I'm really typing this as I go along, but that's my first impression.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 16, 09:49:59 #28 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 16, 09:55:39 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 15, 22:39:54
those revelations...

and for the record, I agree with Blues, making EVERYPONY royalty is just not going to go over well at all.  They ALREADY did that with G3 Princess Wysteria, and THAT didn't end well.  And the crystal ponies... I HOPE they are not taking a step backwards, but comparatively from that particular song (and yes this is probably just an overgeneralization that won't be applicable by the time the episode comes out) it seems S3 is going to be a little bit too similar to G3 for comfort... that's just what it seems like at the moment.  Feel free to point out all the flaws in my argument x3  I'm really typing this as I go along, but that's my first impression.

All I know about G3 is that the ponies looked different, were girly-er, and apparently weren't very good at singing. :P I'll just have to take your word for it.

[Edit]: Ok, I just watched the second song.
Yayyy, an episode teaching kids that history is important!

Ozzy

Zecora needs more screen time...

Somtimes I feel like the only Zebra fan in the fandom.  DD:

Lary

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jul 16, 11:14:03

Forget about Zecora.

The show needs more Zebras, period.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 16, 12:37:20
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jul 16, 11:14:03

Forget about Zecora.

The show needs more Zebras, period.

Yes. This. I wanna see the land Zebras come from. Maybe even something about helping Zecora, maybe accompanying her to her homeland for a little trip.
Rainbow Dash: Don't worry, Zecora. We'll help!
everypony: Really?
Rainbow Dash: Yeah, it'll be easy as apple pie for us!
Pinkie Pie: Mmmm, piiie!

Just for the sake of Rainbow Dash being, y'know, loyal. C'mon, Dash, volunteer to help your friends.

Lary

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 16, 12:47:16
Yes. This. I wanna see the land Zebras come from. Maybe even something about helping Zecora, maybe accompanying her to her homeland for a little trip.

Just for the sake of Rainbow Dash being, y'know, loyal. C'mon, Dash, volunteer to help your friends.

Unfortunately, it'd be completely out of character for Rainbow Dash to actually want to help someone without personal gain.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 16, 13:03:56
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 16, 12:47:16

Unfortunately, it'd be completely out of character for Rainbow Dash to actually want to help someone without personal gain.

True. Man, I wish they could just make an episode where they find out Dash's and Applejack's elements got switched, but that's definitely not gonna happen.

Lary

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 16, 13:10:36
True. Man, I wish they could just make an episode where they find out Dash's and Applejack's elements got switched, but that's definitely not gonna happen.

Better yet, combine them into one pony. Applejack stops being bland, and Rainbow Dash stops being... Rainbow Dash. Both are tomboyish, and both are voiced by Ashleigh Ball.

It's perfect.

Blues-Music

You know they got their elements from  SINGLE act of it.
It doesn't mean they have to uphold it ,and it would suck if they did. >:/  >:(  >:O :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 16, 15:30:41
You know they got their elements from  SINGLE act of it.
It doesn't mean they have to uphold it ,and it would suck if they did. >:/  >:(  >:O :l

It's just that Applejack tends to be a lot more loyal and even showed loyalty in S1E2 in a way. She's always there for her friends no matter what, trying to be unbiased and to help them through their problems. She also seems like she'd rather be independent than be a burden or disappointment to her friends. The fact that she felt guilty that she let her friends down by not winning money in The Last Roundup shows quite a bit of love and loyalty for her friends.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash has a tendency to voice her opinion and be brutally/bluntly honest, but she usually doesn't seem to be that loyal, especially not in comparison to Applejack. She has no problem saying it like it is. While the others tend to hesitate, she just jumps out there and says whatever it is.

That said, I and some other fans who have noticed this would be interested to see the elements switched between them.

GuitarBrony

well, honesty isn't all about telling the truth. it's about being honest with yourself. its about being who you are, and not letting others dictate who you are. its about knowing when to tell the whole truth, and when to make the truth easy to swallow. its about keeping promises. In this respect, i agree with Applejack being the element of Honesty. She's not ashamed of herself. She's dependable (not the same as loyal). If she makes a promise, she'll come through. take Last Roundup. the problem stemmed from Applejack being caught in a Catch 22 of Honesty. In her mind, if she went back, she'd fall through on her promise to give money to the rebuilding project. if she stayed, she'd have to lie about why she was staying, knowing that ponies would worry, or be ashamed. she had to choose one (in her mind). so she chose the small lie so she could still come through on her promise. choosing the lesser of the two evils. Pride put her in this situation, not any hints of dishonesty.

and to say that she's very loyal isn't very good of an argument (no offense.) frankly, ALL of them could be called loyal. (fluttershy possibly excluded, but thats from fear, not disloyalty.) ALL the mane six would theoretically be loyal to the Princesses and to Twilight if it came down to it, so that's not a distinguishing characteristic of Applejack. she's DEPENDABLE. meaning, she'll come through on a promise even if it kills her. this is a trait of Honesty, not Loyalty specifically.

then again, this is just my opinion on the matter. to be quite frank, i DON'T think Rainbow is characterized as the element of Loyalty very well. i just don't think she is a better candidate for Honesty than Applejack. Applejack, in my view, does a good job at embodying Honesty.

feel free to disagree. I'm kinda making this up as i go.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Chishio Kunrin

Well, when you put it that way. o_o

Blues-Music

The elements of harmony are stupid anyway.They are just powerful.Nothing more.They are just a season start gimic.Nothing more.I think it would be better if they never existed so I would stop hearing rants about ponies not fully upholding their elements.

Go Up