Should certain members be given titles, and if so which ones and what types?

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Oct 05, 12:26:07

previous topic - next topic

Should there be titles? (all votes changeable, one vote per user)

Yes
12 (54.5%)
No
5 (22.7%)
Maybe yes, given certain parameters (please elaborate in comments below)
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Go Down

Lary

Quote from: AnyaSmash link=topic=5068.msg380533#msg380533maybe be able to give them added perks in the future.

Making a bad thing worse here...
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Lord of Madness

I still wish more than anything I could keep my Mini-Mod title. I helped so much that im proud of myself lol

At least I got to live my dream. Even if it was only for a little while.

Perry The Pony

Titles cause nothing but issues and people get whiny if you take them away.

Remedy

While I think the notable poster system could have actually worked well, I think it would have been better to have a system that wasn't monthly, and also allowed revocation of the title.
It would be helpful to have had something like that to allow new users to see who is more likely to give well informed, helpful posts, that are of notability.

Honestly, anything more complex than that is going to serve for nothing but ego inflation. Which only makes my job harder.

Tekner

What if we kept the current system, but the title lasted only for that month? The title would just be "Notable Pony" and they'd have it from a specific day of the month after the tallies come in and it'd last until the next month when the next pony is announced. I think that'd still do the job that the current system fulfills, but be less problematic in the future. It'd also be kind of cool if a user notices that the last notable pony isn't labelled as notable anymore and they go look for the new notable pony because they're curious who got it this month.

If we do this, then we'd just make it a rule to not allow voting for the last 1 or 2 notable ponies.

Travius Trott

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 06, 16:02:34
What if we kept the current system, but the title lasted only for that month? The title would just be "Notable Pony" and they'd have it from a specific day of the month after the tallies come in and it'd last until the next month when the next pony is announced. I think that'd still do the job that the current system fulfills, but be less problematic in the future. It'd also be kind of cool if a user notices that the last notable pony isn't labelled as notable anymore and they go look for the new notable pony because they're curious who got it this month.

If we do this, then we'd just make it a rule to not allow voting for the last 1 or 2 notable ponies.

Umm, this, I can agree with. If my title is to go, then I would be glad to see that another more notable and reliable pony attains it.
Just as long ponies does not start trying to make themselves too notable, which is what I understand is the main issue with this topic?

But I say, this is merely just my humble opinion. Or, rather my observation?

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Book Smarts

I could agree on this

Lary

As long as said pony doesn't get any more privileges/powers than normal users, I might just agree with this.

Plus, you won't have to worry about too many ponies getting titles with this.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Billow Pillow

@Tekner: Sounds rather acceptable to me.  Here's to hoping that the noteable doesn't go all towards their heads.  o.O
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Tekner

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Oct 07, 12:24:19
@Tekner: Sounds rather acceptable to me.  Here's to hoping that the noteable doesn't go all towards their heads.  o.O
The hope is that we pick ponies who won't let that happen ;).

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 07, 14:03:24
seems reasonable, and I do hope you all luck x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Book Smarts

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 07, 14:03:24

Hasn't happened yet  :D

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

PrincessButton

I find it a itty bity funny that this topic has so many comments from ponies with titles, never seen so many titles in one place.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

The Wandering Magus

PrincessButton

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 08, 11:45:23
you have a nice title yourself lol
As do you.  :]

I think the titles make ordinary users feel special, even if they have no meaning at all. I like mine because it's silly.  :3 I like yours because Anya is just so beautiful. ovO

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Tekner

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 08, 14:26:49
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 08, 13:02:33
I think the titles make ordinary users feel special...

So I'm still a nobody... ?
The truth is that we're all special. Our titles are just gimmicks ^-^.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 08, 14:54:56

Yes yes, you're not a nobody!  ^-^

Chack

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 08, 16:35:06
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 08, 14:54:56

Yes yes, you're not a nobody!  ^-^

Nobody here a nobody.  ^-^
Wait for it...

Go Up