[Locked] Remade

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Jan 12, 23:35:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Billow Pillow

2013 Jan 12, 23:35:37 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 16, 19:04:35 by Lyra Heartstrings
Introduction:
Greetings, and welcome friends to another one of my strange, unusual, and probably pointless topics.  In witness as i "The amazing Lyraudini" once again waste's his/her time creating an overly big introduction that has no real specific meaning! Lately i have been noticing the sheer and overwhelming amount of excited people, whom are all waiting patiently at the edge of there seats for the release of the upcoming brony games such as "Fighting is Magic", "Super Smash Ponies", "Legends of Equestria" and several other games i have yet to remember! This topic is all based upon that up-coming excitement going around the forums and several other brony communities expanding across the interwebs.  The idea of this topic is not only simply a way calm down my own excitement, but also a-way to hopefully help calm and entertain several of the other users out there that are currently suffering from severe boredom, and their malnutrition from lack of being able to find new and exciting pony based games!  Even though one can simply find thousands of other ways to find pony games, other then simply reading my thread.

Details:
As described in the introduction this thread is simply to help find, and inform people about several of the fun, interesting, and unique pony based flashed games that are available to play.  Hopefully giving them a better in-sight on each of the games through strange descriptions, ratings, difficulties, controls, pictures, and even my own personal reviews which will all be located/labeled under each of the games spoiler tabs.  All the ratings, difficulties and reviews will all be based on my own experiences with-in the described games, and as such shouldn't be taken to seriously, given on the simple fact that each and every person has there own preferences and likes on different types of games.  Each game will also be organized by genre, and sorted by alphabetical order under each of the genre's categories, hopefully for a better organization in the game-list that will allow for easier searching for users that know exactly on what type of games they want to play.  All comments, and ideas are welcomed a-long with new suggestions for games i should play and review, as i plan to add new games to the list weekly.

Genres:
Avoid/Side-Vertical Shooters:
Avoid: Generally in avoid based games the player will usually have to avoid being hit by certain objects coming at them from the other side of the screen, along with collecting power-ups and several other enhancements that will help them avoid being hit-throughout the game. 
Flight Side-Shooter: Flight based shooter games generally involve the user to go across a horizontal plain while either having to take down what is in front of them, or to simply avoid the objects in general.  Often in this game type the user will also run into several abilities they will be able to collect and pick-up during the game, which will usually help them out and battle, give them protection, or even simply just replenish the users health or speed.
Flight Vertical-Shooter: Similar to the "Flight Side-Shooter" this type of game often is at a much different level in difficulty and screen positioning, as you are now faced battle on a completely vertical based game.   But still holds most of the same values as the side-shooter.

Game Name/Source: Cadence Throw
Spoiler: Data • show
Pictures/Spoilers:
Spoiler: show

Description: Simply an amazing game! You literally start off the game ready and willing to throw your wife, upon being through you glide through the air trying to collect all the crystal hearts as you can! Avoiding the dark crystals left floating in the sky by the evil king sombra! Careful though, because the longer you stay in the air without obtaining a crystal your flight meter goes down, and you end up crashing and exploding on the ground!
Game Controls:
Cursor = Simply Click upwards, the longer you hold the click the higher you go but the more flight magic you'll use.

Lyra's Rating: 4/5
Difficulty: 4/5
Lyra's Review: A beautifully made game with classic comedy to boot! You literally get to throw your wife, though the game is highly difficult it's still amazing all together and an obsessive must play for the comical gamer! 

Game Name/Source: Luna's Pumpkin Launcher
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: Nightmare Night comes to you in this fun and eventful game, where you play as Luna testing her pumpkin launching skills in her attempt to get the farthest distance possible in this fun and and smashing event! As you play through the game you will be awarded with several points known as "bits", in which you may then use to upgrade your pumpkin tossing skills, along with advancing the power of your bonuses and even giving your pumpkins an extra bounce between each toss.  The game is a fun in unique adventure, which allows you to experience the game in many different in eventful ways, along with an interesting assortment of achievements you may earn along the way.  You'll even be given the option between each of your pumpkin tosses, to adjust your angle and power for an interesting twist on how the pumpkin begins its journey.
Game Controls:
Space Bar = Began launch and select the amount of power and angle you want.
W/Up Key = Upwards Thrust - Jet-pack pumpkin - Used also to adjust your angle, between each toss.
A/Left Key = Leftward Thrust - Jet-pack pumpkin
S/Down Key = Upwards Thrust - Jet-pack pumpkin - Used also to adjust your angle, between each toss.
D/Right key = Rightwards Thrust - Jet-pack pumpkin

Lyra's Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: 2/5

Game Name/Source: Rainbow Dash's Fun Cloud Dodging
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: In this Avoid/Flight based game you are introduced into the world as a Chibi-form of Rainbow Dash, with only one set goal in mind to simply dodge the on-sought of fluffy dangerous clouds that are moving towards you at an ever growing rate as you quickly pick up speed, hitting enough clouds will not only slow the poor chibi down, they will also at the same time slowly drain down your health bar which in the end will threaten to cause the poor chibi to crash into the ground and end in a game over.  During the game though you will also be presented with several different power-ups and abilities that will range in effects from restoring your health, to boosting your speed, and even giving you the power to break through walls of clouds for an extended period of time all out to help you survive long as you can.  Lastly Slow-motion and Clear Clouds, i don't believe i need to explain on what those do.
Game Controls:
W/Up Key = Upwards Movements
A/Left Key = Left Movements
S/Down Key = Downward Movements
D/Right key = Right Movements
Space = Dashing
P = Pause
E = Clear Clouds
Q = Slow Motion

Lyra's Rating: 3/5
Difficulty: 2/5
Lyra's Review: Throughout the game i found myself baffled and the sheer adorableness that was the known as the chibi Rainbow Dash, along with the beautiful colours of the sky.  Overall though, i found the game to be rather simplistic in it's design and playable with around several ways to establish an easily advantage over the game, which after awhile just became rather repetitive and lost its overall challenge in fun that i had during my first play.  The game abilities at the same time however, was actually one of the few reasons i actually found myself going back to the game in general as i feel that is what also made the game unique in it's own way and gave the whole game it's character and love. 

Game Name/Source: Rainbow's Tail
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: In this rather unique game you play as Rainbow Dash, the idea is to simply avoid the bad storm clouds which will stun you on impact and to avoid hitting the bottom of the screen, while clicking the colored orbs on the screen. 
Game Controls:
Space Bar = nudge upwards

Lyra's Rating: 1/5
Difficulty: 1/5
Lyra's Review: Made using desktop ponies, and traveling at slow speeds with balls i can't ever seem to capture this game wasn't really my type of game, however the idea and design of the game itself is really unique and is probably worth a try.  I'd hate to admit to myself, but this is not the type of game for me, as your movement in speed in the game seems to be that of a snails pace.

Game Name/Source: Twilight's Epic Hill
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: You start off in the game as the new up and coming snowboarding star Twilight Sparkle! Where you are slopping down the snowy hills located some wheres in Equestria! During your quest to become the world best snowboarder you have several things a-long the way that'll wish to stop you! Such as Tree's, Rocks, and Logs! Not only are inanimate objects trying to block your way, you'll also have to worry about the equestrian villains as well, such as Chrysalis, Discord, and Nightmare Moon! Whether it be through floating rocks, magic beams, or just the shear chaos!. How long will you be able to survive in this snow-pony's adventure?
Game Controls:

W/Up Key = Upwards Movements
A/Left Key = Left Movements
S/Down Key = Downward Movements
D/Right key = Right Movements
Space = Jump

Lyra's Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: 3/5 

Genres:
Falling/Toss/Collect:
Toss: Exactly as the name implies this type of game involves you to generally use the cursor to grab and throw objects, and or creatures into the air, or towards several goals located on the map.  The idea is just to not let anything hit the ground, or to make it into the goals at hand.   
Falling: Falling games usually are simply based on objects or creatures falling from the top of the screen, which are either then used to solve puzzles or to catch or collect the objects in a basket. 
Collect: Collect based games involves the players to collect a number of objects or creatures that will appear on the screen. These objects or creatures will usually either disappear after a while or move off screen..

Game Name/Source: Animal Juggling
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: In this Falling/Toss based game, you are introducing into the world as the famed Twilight Sparkle! The idea of the game is to simply use your cursor and to grab the falling animals before they hit the ground to avoid the rage of Fluttershy.  The game also functions on simply logic's such as strength of the release, and several other bounce factors that will surely effect how you play the game.  Throwing the animal to hard could result in a huge bounce back factor that could allow it to go back to the ground at a much faster rate, but you can also use the animals as a meaning to bounce other animals back upwards towards the sky as well.
Game Controls:
Cursor = Grabs animals and objects to either bring them towards you or throw away

Lyra's Rating: 2/5
Difficulty: 5/5
Lyra's Review: Defiantly a very interesting type of game which involves a very evil fictional sense of animal cruelty. The game overall is actually rather good, based on what kind of game type it was actually developed on.  I was especially impressed with the several tactics you could use to keep the animals in the air by simply using them to bounce back on top of each other, along with using the create amount of toss to create the perfect throws.  Overall mean't to be a simple game based on a single scene during the episode Magic duel, i found it to be rather good and very interesting but very difficult all in one.

Game Name/Source: Cupcake Maker
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: In this Falling based game, you are on a quest to help Pinkie Pie complete her cupcakes by moving the correct coloured frosting's on top of the correct colour of cupcakes, at the same time you will also have several different types of frosting and cupcakes falling from the skies at all times marked by a pointer on to where they will land next.
Game Controls:
Cursor = Use to grab and move the cupcakes to there correct spots.

Difficulty: 1/5
Lyra's Review: Cute, fun and creative.  It's a very simply game, without much of a challenge but it's quite unique in its own sense.  The game also has new coloured cupcakes that appear in almost ever new level, along with awesome quotes from Pinkie Pie which you will see at the end of every level, i also found it highly interesting on the fact you are able to move a piece even if theres another object on top of it.

Game Name/Source: Spike Toss
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: In this an exact pony copy of an Angry birds remake, you play as Rarity who is seeking for more gems to use in her latest fashion line!  Traveling all around equestira with her carry-on slingshot you get placed on several different maps, where you are met with several different level and setups you are then forced to launch spike towards the gems and bounce him off of things to reach all of the gems in a level. 
Game Controls:
Cursor - Use the cursor to grab spike and simply pull back the rubber band and release him!

Difficulty: 3/5

Game Name/Source: Canterlot Defense
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: Starting off
Game Controls:
Cursor - Click where you want to fire at the enemy.

Difficulty: 4/5

Genres:
Adventure/Puzzle/RPG:
Adventure: In this genre of gaming it usually involves the player going through several wide expanded areas where they encouraged to explore, and complete several task such as puzzles and even smaller objectives such as finding certain objects or reaching certain points on the maps, among several other objectives.
Puzzle: Puzzle based games involve the player to solve different assortment of mind-bending, and logic reasoning based task to proceed through the games basic task in actions.
RPG: Also known as Role Playing Games, this type of game utilizes the traditional methods of gaming which can be mostly compared to games such as Dungeons and Dragons, and several other.  Characters in creatures in these type of games are usually given a limited set amount of health, and a long variety of abilities and attacks that they will use against the player in the attempt to beat them, such actions will either result in fainting or game overs, the players will also be rewarded with experience, and items upon defeating the creatures, which will not only help the player level up but will also present them with new items they may either sell or use for their own personal benefit.  Common battle features within a role playing game can either be present in two different ways "Turn-based", or "Real time".  Role playing games are often mixed with adventure games.

Game Name/Source: Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms (Demo)
Pictures/Spoilers:

Description: In this up and coming game, you play as Pinkie Pie in her quest to collect bits from all around the world while destroying all the parasprites that come in her way! You start the game with three life and a limited time limit on each of the maps, your goal is to simply collect all the bits before the timer runs out, which will allow you to proceed to the next level, as you advance through all the levels they eventually get more difficult and the maps start changing in several different ways. 
Game Controls:

Left and Right Arrow Keys - Walk/(Hold to Wall Slide)
Z Key - Jump/Wall Jump/(Press 2x to Double Jump)
X Key - Run
Enter Key - Pause

Difficulty:  2/5
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Tiger

Ooh, this is cool. Can't wait for you to finish it :3

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...