[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Sotha

2012 May 30, 11:41:05 #120 Last Edit: 2012 May 30, 11:42:57 by Sotha
I listen to a lot of classical and jazz and a whole bunch of other stuff including Splashdown, Queen, Planet X, Radio Head, Porcupine Tree, etc. Like downtempo and trip hop.

I can't really do piano either. I mean, I have a good understanding of chord structure, at least (with a little bit of theory), but as a solely wind player, I can't really look at music with the perspective piano players need to have (from my understanding), what with having more than one voice at a time, playing the overall flow of the song. It's something I need to work on.

I've never really been able to draw, though. The most I could do was construct abstract patterns. I started trying to sketch ponies, but it fell out of my interest. So eh. It's cool that you two enjoy it, though. Did you do your own avatars, by any chance? (this is to Travius and Parfait)

I much prefer game design. No, not programming (though I intend to start working on that too... someday). I mean traditional games. Abstract strategy board games, playing card games, CCG's (at least that style), table top strategy war games, themed board games, etc.

I like to express myself via design. Which somehow poetry fits into, though visual art doesn't. I suppose it's how related language is to logic with syntax and expression of rhetoric. Guess that's why I'm studying to be a chemical engineer, at least.

I've always wanted to travel (and fully intend to.... someday), but have never left the U.S. Huh. :c
I'm in California.
May you walk on warm sands.

Lary

Oh great. Talent. And art. Neither of which I'm associated with.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Travius Trott

Quote from: Lary on 2012 May 30, 12:19:31

Well, I tend to disagree, you have been very loyal to this project, I've seen you here since I first jumped into the forums, and there got to be something you're good at, if not just that you can do a lot of things in a not too bad manner.

Also, yes I made my avatar myself, might even be convinced to make on for others, though I can not say how long it might take.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

ShadowHeart

2012 May 30, 15:28:43 #123 Last Edit: 2012 May 30, 15:32:07 by ShadowHeart
OC Name: Scythe
Forum Name: ShadowHeart
Activity: usually pretty active
Planned race: pegasus (actually half dragon but u will have to use ur imagination in the game to see his real features. meaning his wings are dragon wings and has claws on his hooves....can sheathe them.....is that ok? >.<)
Reason to join: A certain mare....

QuoteUmmm, I'm currently in Jerusalem. And it's hot. Really hot.

REALLY? ive been there! i luv that place!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Travius Trott

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 May 30, 15:28:43
OC Name: Scythe
Forum Name: ShadowHeart
Activity: usually pretty active
Planned race: pegasus (actually half dragon but u will have to use ur imagination in the game to see his real features. meaning his wings are dragon wings and has claws on his hooves....can sheathe them.....is that ok? >.<)
Reason to join: A certain mare....

QuoteUmmm, I'm currently in Jerusalem. And it's hot. Really hot.

REALLY? ive been there! i luv that place!

Oh, a new member! ^-^
Brilliant! Shall write ya up then.
(pardon this, but I might forget to act upon your, special traits.)

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

ShadowHeart

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Sotha

2012 May 30, 20:20:55 #126 Last Edit: 2012 May 30, 20:30:10 by Sotha
Quote from: Lary on 2012 May 30, 12:19:31

All righty then. What do you like to do in your free time? Do you have any passions?

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 May 30, 17:36:00
[just joined the group yay]

Ah, good evening to you worthy friend. Please, please, come closer. Join us. Welcome to our humble herd. Are you here for mystery? For enchantment? Or for the finest company this side of the Everfree? We offer all three, on sale today, come on down! Heheh, but really, we're getting to know each other better because there's not much else to talk about right now, and I bid you welcome!

daswed

Ozzy

So nice to see you guys growing and getting along fabulously!

You know, we Haylanders seem inactive, but that's because our primary means of interaction is through a Skype group, I'd highly recommend this, it's a great way to get to know your comrades and can be quite a good laugh at times, anyway just thought I'd rear my ugly head in your thread to see how ya'll were doin', better be off to do really super secret important herd stuff now (not really, but still  ^-^) Take care, Travellers Blessing!

daswed

Sotha

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 31, 08:50:41You know, we Haylanders seem inactive, but that's because our primary means of interaction is through a Skype group, I'd highly recommend this, it's a great way to get to know your comrades and can be quite a good laugh at times, anyway just thought I'd rear my ugly head in your thread to see how ya'll were doin', better be off to do really super secret important herd stuff now (not really, but still  ^-^) Take care, Travellers Blessing!

A Skype group is a good idea. And we could definitely use it for vocal chat in the game.

Sea Foam

Quote from: Sotha on 2012 May 31, 14:09:54
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 31, 08:50:41You know, we Haylanders seem inactive, but that's because our primary means of interaction is through a Skype group, I'd highly recommend this, it's a great way to get to know your comrades and can be quite a good laugh at times, anyway just thought I'd rear my ugly head in your thread to see how ya'll were doin', better be off to do really super secret important herd stuff now (not really, but still  ^-^) Take care, Travellers Blessing!

A Skype group is a good idea. And we could definitely use it for vocal chat in the game.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Travius Trott

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 May 31, 17:39:52

Well, then there's the issue of someponies not liking to talk over skype.
Like me, and with my recently broken mic it's rather hard to have voice chat.

But it could be arranged to make some kind of herd chat over it.

Ozzy

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 May 31, 18:27:32
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 May 31, 17:39:52

Yeah, that can be an issue, but it's always nice to have a more conveinient way to chat to one another, even in text, that said, I've seen it's helped alot of people handle thier dislike of chatting over skype to have people they already know as friends chatting themselves, not that I am trying to be patroniseing to you, sorry If I sound that way ><, but even as a simple text chat it's a nice Ice Breaker 'n' a place for your herd to chill and have a laugh with one another

DrizzleMutt

OC Name: Drizzle D. Mutt

Forum Name: DrizzleMutt

Activity: I get on occasionally, when I'm not being harassed by my parents.

Planned race: Earth Pony, gotta be a defender some how.

Reason to join: Traveling has always been a famous thing in my life, both in my stories and real life. Plus, somepony needs to have a guardian to walk them places and through the Everfree Forest.

Sotha

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 31, 19:20:02

Yeah, that can be an issue, but it's always nice to have a more conveinient way to chat to one another, even in text, that said, I've seen it's helped alot of people handle thier dislike of chatting over skype to have people they already know as friends chatting themselves, not that I am trying to be patroniseing to you, sorry If I sound that way ><, but even as a simple text chat it's a nice Ice Breaker 'n' a place for your herd to chill and have a laugh with one another

Ozzy: I'm not sure I understand all of what you're trying to say here. It's helped a lot of people handle their dislike of chatting over Skype (do you mean voice or text?) to have people they already talk to or at least know from the forum talking on Skype, so as to draw them into it / add a layer of familiarity to the system?

Travius: When you say you don't like to talk over Skype, do you mean you don't like using it period? Or that you just don't like voice chatting over it? 'Talk' is kind of ambiguous when used in this context.

Besides, isn't Skype structured in such a way that you would just invite a bunch of different users (herd members) to join together into a group conversation, which is by default text-only. And then at any time someone in the group can start a call, which invites everyone online to the voice chat, which they can decline or drop out of at any time?

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: DrizzleMutt on 2012 May 31, 20:14:24

Reason to join: Traveling has always been a famous thing in my life, both in my stories and real life. Plus, somepony needs to have a guardian to walk them places and through the Everfree Forest.

Oh, a new member! Well, I'm looking forward to talking to you, when you are accepted.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Ozzy

2012 May 31, 21:52:17 #137 Last Edit: 2012 May 31, 21:57:18 by Ozzy
Quote from: Sotha on 2012 May 31, 21:40:52
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 31, 19:20:02

Ozzy: I'm not sure I understand all of what you're trying to say here. It's helped a lot of people handle their dislike of chatting over Skype (do you mean voice or text?) to have people they already talk to or at least know from the forum talking on Skype, so as to draw them into it / add a layer of familiarity to the system?

Travius: When you say you don't like to talk over Skype, do you mean you don't like using it period? Or that you just don't like voice chatting over it? 'Talk' is kind of ambiguous when used in this context.

Besides, isn't Skype structured in such a way that you would just invite a bunch of different users (herd members) to join together into a group conversation, which is by default text-only. And then at any time someone in the group can start a call, which invites everyone online to the voice chat, which they can decline or drop out of at any time?

Sorry I suppose I was a little vague, I meant using thier voice in skype, and yeah you have a point, if it's a particularly large group of people it can be pretty impractical

There is also a skype group the LoE members as a whole, that seems to be working pretty fine so far allowing anyone to call at any time, that has around 20+
participants so far

In any case it was just a suggestion I thought I'd make since I've done it with my Herd (Which yes is smaller) and it's worked out wonderfully, always nice speaking to ya'll, safe travels to ya  ^-^

The Wandering Magus

Lookong at the herd members so far it seems pretty friendly, and i've always liked travellers' associations.  It doesn't seem to be closed just yet, so here's my app:

OC Name: Feather Scroll and Juniper Blossom (i have two oc's)
Forum Name: The Wandering Magus
Activity: (Note that I will not judge on activity) uncertain what you want here, but i am pretty much around every day and plan on being that way in the future when the game comes out.  I will probably be in the nearest quest location in-game, trying to do all the quests in sequence.
Planned race: (If not decided yet then leave blank.) One to be unicorn, still deciding on juniper.
Reason to join: (Any reason will do really, I am just more curious on that regard) i am interested in travelling based herds and soloers in general (which travellers generally are).  If you're not soloers then i am also interested in being part of a group of wanderers, possibly helping out combat-wise as a crowd control-healer-buffer (i played loremaster in LOTRO).
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Travius Trott

Quote from: DrizzleMutt on 2012 May 31, 20:14:24

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 01, 01:10:39
Lookong at the herd members so far it seems pretty friendly, and i've always liked travellers' associations.  It doesn't seem to be closed just yet, so here's my app:

OC Name: Feather Scroll and Juniper Blossom (i have two oc's)
Forum Name: The Wandering Magus
Activity: (Note that I will not judge on activity) uncertain what you want here, but i am pretty much around every day and plan on being that way in the future when the game comes out.  I will probably be in the nearest quest location in-game, trying to do all the quests in sequence.
Planned race: (If not decided yet then leave blank.) One to be unicorn, still deciding on juniper.
Reason to join: (Any reason will do really, I am just more curious on that regard) i am interested in travelling based herds and soloers in general (which travellers generally are).  If you're not soloers then i am also interested in being part of a group of wanderers, possibly helping out combat-wise as a crowd control-healer-buffer (i played loremaster in LOTRO).

Oh, two new members!
shall write ya up right away.

As for the skype thing, I love skype use it now in fact to chat with some groups, it's just that I voiced my concern that many does not want to use voice chat, and thus would make it seem required to have a skype, which might cause some to leave, and less that would join.
But on that note, it might be a good idea to have a chat, but also that it's mostly for chilling until the game is out.

Go Up