Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadow Mare

Could not care less for these npcs. Just speed through their endless talking...

RainbowDash

I actually don't have one either...

You know i hate those random players that kill the monster when you have the quest to capture it.

btw my friendcode is 3582-9778-4052 if you want to add me for playing currently on jr3 with quest to jr4

Chromastone64

I finally hunted the Kirin.
It was awesome.
But now me and my friend have a problem; I hunted it and unlocked a bunch of Kirin weapons. My friend did it, and only unlocked the Insect Glaive. What's with that?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

2015 Mar 03, 13:00:04 #43 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 03, 13:03:10 by Rikaria
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 03, 12:51:04
I finally hunted the Kirin.
It was awesome.
But now me and my friend have a problem; I hunted it and unlocked a bunch of Kirin weapons. My friend did it, and only unlocked the Insect Glaive. What's with that?

You need the required items for them; if even one particular item wasn't obtained (this even applies to ores, bugs, and other stuff you can gather, including drops from other monsters), it won't show up. Same principle applies for all the other equipment.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Chromastone64

AHHHH! Thank you! That's why I'm missing so much Seregios stuff!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Julius

I found my favorite monster... Zinogre! :3
Purr~

Chromastone64

I just hunted the Stygian Zinogre (is that even a real word?).
Sometimes I wish we could save replays; I was hunting a Purple Gypseros online, and it started limping. It jumped and started to fly away, but one vault with the glaive finished it off before it could get away :)

Rikaria

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Mar 05, 00:47:30
I found my favorite monster... Zinogre! :3

Welcome to the club :D

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 05, 02:00:17
I just hunted the Stygian Zinogre (is that even a real word?).
Sometimes I wish we could save replays; I was hunting a Purple Gypseros online, and it started limping. It jumped and started to fly away, but one vault with the glaive finished it off before it could get away :)

Apparently it is. It means very dark. Huh, I learn something new every day.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

Lol Imagine if they went with that.
Hunt a Very Dark Zinogre.
Nowhere near as threatening.
Anyway...spoiler for the final boss of the solo quests. And this is a rant, so beware, lots of caps.
Spoiler: show
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!
OK, so we hunt a S. Zinogre. I need umbrage from it. WHAT DOES MY FRIEND, WHO DOESN'T NEED AN UMBRAGE, GET?!
Ok, then we fight Shagaru Megala to boost my friend's rank. We demolish it, so now it's my turn to do the quest.
WE'VE FAILED THREE TIMES NOW. Oh, but at least I get a plate. AND MY FRIEND GETS A PHOSGEM.
He then proceeds to tell me he's hunted 7 High Rank Gore Megala, and got THREE NIXGEMS WHEN HE ONLY NEEDED ONE!!

Something similer happened in 3U: My friend has maybe more than THREE BRACH PALLIUMS, AND NOTHING TO USE THEM ON!!!
GAME, WHY YOU TROLL ME SO?! >:O

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 05, 17:05:52
Lol Imagine if they went with that.
Hunt a Very Dark Zinogre.
Nowhere near as threatening.
Anyway...spoiler for the final boss of the solo quests. And this is a rant, so beware, lots of caps.
Spoiler: show
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!
OK, so we hunt a S. Zinogre. I need umbrage from it. WHAT DOES MY FRIEND, WHO DOESN'T NEED AN UMBRAGE, GET?!
Ok, then we fight Shagaru Megala to boost my friend's rank. We demolish it, so now it's my turn to do the quest.
WE'VE FAILED THREE TIMES NOW. Oh, but at least I get a plate. AND MY FRIEND GETS A PHOSGEM.
He then proceeds to tell me he's hunted 7 High Rank Gore Megala, and got THREE NIXGEMS WHEN HE ONLY NEEDED ONE!!

Something similer happened in 3U: My friend has maybe more than THREE BRACH PALLIUMS, AND NOTHING TO USE THEM ON!!!
GAME, WHY YOU TROLL ME SO?! >:O

I need a Beach Pallium and 5 more glowing slimes to upgrade my weapon, to it's last stage. But it's not giving me a Pallium!!

Sakura_Blossom

Should I get this game? The demo was fun, but I want some opinions from people who have played the full game.

Chromastone64

DEFINITELY buy it, but only if you have a bit of patience.

RainbowDash

Farming at the beginning is much easier but later ingame it gets more difficult as everything you build mostly needs a lot of other materials too that you can't only farm from one monster or area

Rikaria

2015 Mar 06, 09:08:11 #54 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 06, 12:23:37 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Mar 06, 06:53:51
Should I get this game? The demo was fun, but I want some opinions from people who have played the full game.

The series is a massive "grind this monster this many times" fest when going after materials for equipment since there isn't a level up system (at least for you; your companions on the singleplayer side level up in the traditional RPG sense, though) which IS very repetitive, but if you set goals for yourself, it's actually not that bad. And there are some monsters that you probably might like for one reason or another (looks, being challenging, etc.). Although playing solo will help you learn how to play, the biggest highlight is being able to play with friends (of course).

Speaking of which, when my friend introduced me to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U/3DS, though I got the Wii U one first since that version was the only one with online play out of the two), it was kinda a bland solo experience for me at first... That completely changed when I started playing with others online. Granted, it's not exactly a MMORPG experience, it still definitely changed my opinion about the game.

So... yeah. Although this series isn't for everyone, the online experience definitely makes it worthwhile (or at least, gives you a reason to keep playing). If you're truly dedicated, you can easily put over 300 hours into a save file.

EDIT: The Link DLC is now out! Be warned that it's a 7 Star Quest (equivalent to G Rank) even despite the minimal requirement being HR4.

Sunshine Smash

Well, I've decided that I've done enough in 3, so I'm replacing it with 4 by backing up it's saves to make space. Now I'm just waiting until it's downloaded.

RainbowDash

The moment when you want to farm a certain ingredient, you get even rarer loot that you dont need right now...

want the rathalos plate...

no game gives ya the ruby >.<

Chromastone64

Does anyone know where to get Novacrystal? I NEED that Clockwork Glaive.

Rikaria

Quote from: RainbowDash on 2015 Mar 07, 01:23:20
The moment when you want to farm a certain ingredient, you get even rarer loot that you dont need right now...

want the rathalos plate...

no game gives ya the ruby >.<

Funny enough, that's what happened to me yesterday >.<

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 07, 04:29:16
Does anyone know where to get Novacrystal? I NEED that Clockwork Glaive.

High and G Rank Frozen Seaway have the most opportunities (Areas 3, 4, 5, and 6 as well as the secret area if you start at it either by luck or via the Felyne Explorer food skill).

Chromastone64

Thank you. The Glaive will be mine!

Go Up