America could lose Xbox360?

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Jun 27, 02:36:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Apparently, Xbox360s use technology that's patented by Motorola. In other words, Microsoft infringed Motorola's copyright on said technology. The judge in charge of the Microsoft vs Motorola dispute suggests that Xbox360s stop being sold.

Why didn't I hear about this before? :c Does anyone know if they decided whether or not Xbox360 sales and imports will be banned? Seems GameStop is still selling them. But legal issues tend to take a while to be resolved, don't they?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/23/xbox-360-sales-ban-for-us-recommended-by-judge
http://techland.time.com/2012/05/23/xbox-360-should-be-banned-from-u-s-over-patents-judge-says/
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Xbox-Banned-Import-Ban-Motorola-Patent-Suit-ITC-Ban,news-15334.html
I found a bunch of articles that were posted May 23rd, and apparently people, including IGN, are still asking if it'll be banned, as of 4, 5, and more days ago.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

The courts would never support an outcome that involves crippling such a product,

they'll probably just make Microsoft pay heavy fees to use said technology

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 27, 06:29:17
The courts would never support an outcome that involves crippling such a product,

they'll probably just make Microsoft pay heavy fees to use said technology

If that's the case, would that cause Microsoft to want to raise prices of Xbox360s? DD: If it costs more to make, it must fetch a higher price to make up for the costs.

Captain0Ron

Actually, its not Microsoft that is using technology from Motorola. Its modded controllers that's use it, and Motorola is blaming Microsoft for the controllers that Microsoft doesn't even produce.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Jun 27, 15:14:33
Actually, its not Microsoft that is using technology from Motorola. Its modded controllers that's use it, and Motorola is blaming Microsoft for the controllers that Microsoft doesn't even produce.

Seriously? Man, I saw some really awesome modded pony controllers. I wonder if people will stop making them. They probably won't.

Captain0Ron

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 27, 15:17:37

Seriously? Man, I saw some really awesome modded pony controllers. I wonder if people will stop making them. They probably won't.

Most likely not. But if modded controllers become illegal, then most websites that sell them will probably be shut down.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Jun 27, 15:20:29

Most likely not. But if modded controllers become illegal, then most websites that sell them will probably be shut down.

Need to get myself some of these before that happens, then:

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 27, 15:42:56
Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Jun 27, 15:20:29

Need to get myself some of these before that happens, then:

Go Up