Travius Trott's Minecraft server. [well, it was a pleasure being admin for this]

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Mar 19, 14:13:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Travius Trott

2012 Nov 17, 06:05:30 #201 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 17, 06:09:20 by Travius Trott
The server is updated to 1.4.4, and also I would recommend that all place a sign by their home to tell whom owns it, as I've noted a few homes without any 'owner sign' on it.

It will make my work with helping out after a thievery easier.

*Sigh*
Why are Mojang pumping out updates enmasse at the moment... It will delay the bukkit update with a few weeks, pardon this annoyance..

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Rikaria

Well... 1.4.5's out, but at least users who updated to it can still play on 1.4.4 servers.

(Also, it's because there were so many bugs in the previous updates @ Trott)

Travius Trott

Quote from: Rikaria on 2012 Nov 20, 18:38:32
Well... 1.4.5's out, but at least users who updated to it can still play on 1.4.4 servers.

(Also, it's because there were so many bugs in the previous updates @ Trott)

Aye, I noticed, after they had made the update, and it seems bukkit is going on quick about this update, already having a beta build.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Alrecenk

Yay, Minecraft. I just got white-listed this morning, and started building a house, in a town, somewhere. I've almost finished my house, but unfortunately I'm getting an internal server error when I try to connect now. Did the server crash or something?

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: Alrecenk on 2012 Nov 21, 16:03:22
Yay, Minecraft. I just got white-listed this morning, and started building a house, in a town, somewhere. I've almost finished my house, but unfortunately I'm getting an internal server error when I try to connect now. Did the server crash or something?
I'm getting the same error.  >.<
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Animalia

2012 Nov 21, 16:07:41 #206 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 25, 23:52:21 by Ateren
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Nov 21, 16:03:52
Quote from: Alrecenk on 2012 Nov 21, 16:03:22
I'm getting the same error.  >.<

I just came on here to say the same exact thing

Edit/Merge: I just got on see if you can too

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Animalia on 2012 Nov 21, 16:11:19
I just got on see if you can too
just a side note, please try not to double post; if you want to add something, just click the "modify post" button at the upper-right-hoof-corner of the post ^-^
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Rikaria

Er... hang on. What version is your server, Trott? I think all these connection issues might be for 1.4.4 users.

The Silent Wolf

Strangely, the server is saying "No Connection" either Travius has it down, my computer won't let me connect, or MC is being a butt again.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Captain0Ron

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Nov 21, 21:41:15
Strangely, the server is saying "No Connection" either Travius has it down, my computer won't let me connect, or MC is being a butt again.

It randomly went down when I was on it.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Animalia

Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Nov 21, 22:53:06

It is all Cap's fault he broke the server trying to be a mean ol'silly filly. Nah I don't know what happened it was really weird.

Travius Trott

2012 Nov 22, 11:01:07 #212 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 22, 11:45:06 by Travius Trott
Quote from: Animalia on 2012 Nov 21, 23:44:54
Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Nov 21, 22:53:06

It is all Cap's fault he broke the server trying to be a mean ol'silly filly. Nah I don't know what happened it was really weird.

Well, the server did indeed crash, and now is up again.

Though I'm not completely sure what the server version is, but it should not matter if it's 1.4.4 or 1.5 as the only thing affected is the client, I'm sure.

And, obbyhost went down... Hopefully for only a short while, I shall try and get the server up again the soonest possible.

Captain0Ron

For some reason my connection to the server is absolutely terrible. I can't even say something without the "error read timed out" error coming up. And I have a perfect connection to the internet right now.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Travius Trott

Sigh.
I do come with quite some bad news, I have to say.

I will have to, yet again move the server to another host, due to Obsidian host having suffered from a attack from hackers and somehow unable to continue hosting.

Spoiler: The mail I got this day. • show
Dear (Private information withheld),

Here at Obsidian Hosting, we take customer satisfaction very seriously. Over the past week, we have been hit with attack after attack by hackers. We  no longer can offer the services that our customers have come to expect. This is an extremely difficult decision to make. You will have about a week to transfer all content from your accounts to a new host.

Our friends over at HostMink have volunteered to help in this process by offering all customers of Obsidian Hosting a 20% off for life discount on all Minecraft Hosting packages. Pricing at HostMink is the exact same as Obsidian Hosting so there will be less confusion during this process.

If interested in this offer, please visit: http://hostmink.com/minecraft/

During the checkout process, be sure to use the coupon code "EMAIL" to receive your promotional discount.

Note from the COO: During these past months, our CEO has left us behind with minimal resources to help with preventing issues like these. At this time, I am using my executive decision to close the company due to lack of funding to keep the company going. At this time, server bills are behind by multiple months and the pure lack of information to restore the company after the devastating blows we have faced from Hackers.

Lastly, we would like to thank all customers for their ongoing patronage and support for our company over the time.

So, in short this will affect the server in one or two ways:

-The server shuts down and ponies wanting to play Minecraft on a server would have to either get tekkit and move to Lyra's, find another server to use, or make a new server.
-Or, the server will, yet again, switch host and all world data will be sadly lost, this will also include whitelisting information and all.

I must admit, I'm as baffled as anypony to hear this, and I hope that I can manage to get verbal support to switch host, else this is the end of me steering a server.

Animalia

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Nov 25, 16:59:45
Sigh.
I do come with quite some bad news, I have to say.

I will have to, yet again move the server to another host, due to Obsidian host having suffered from a attack from hackers and somehow unable to continue hosting.

Spoiler: The mail I got this day. • show
Dear (Private information withheld),

Here at Obsidian Hosting, we take customer satisfaction very seriously. Over the past week, we have been hit with attack after attack by hackers. We  no longer can offer the services that our customers have come to expect. This is an extremely difficult decision to make. You will have about a week to transfer all content from your accounts to a new host.

Our friends over at HostMink have volunteered to help in this process by offering all customers of Obsidian Hosting a 20% off for life discount on all Minecraft Hosting packages. Pricing at HostMink is the exact same as Obsidian Hosting so there will be less confusion during this process.

If interested in this offer, please visit: http://hostmink.com/minecraft/

During the checkout process, be sure to use the coupon code "EMAIL" to receive your promotional discount.

Note from the COO: During these past months, our CEO has left us behind with minimal resources to help with preventing issues like these. At this time, I am using my executive decision to close the company due to lack of funding to keep the company going. At this time, server bills are behind by multiple months and the pure lack of information to restore the company after the devastating blows we have faced from Hackers.

Lastly, we would like to thank all customers for their ongoing patronage and support for our company over the time.

So, in short this will affect the server in one or two ways:

-The server shuts down and ponies wanting to play Minecraft on a server would have to either get tekkit and move to Lyra's, find another server to use, or make a new server.
-Or, the server will, yet again, switch host and all world data will be sadly lost, this will also include whitelisting information and all.

I must admit, I'm as baffled as anypony to hear this, and I hope that I can manage to get verbal support to switch host, else this is the end of me steering a server.

I for one would prefer that you switch hosts, and we just have to start over again.

Alrecenk

I've only been playing for a few days, so I won't pretend to be devastated that it's going down. However, I can say that I have quite enjoyed the time I've spent playing as well as the company of the other ponies I've met on the server. I will certainly come back if you make a new server. We can rebuild it! Maybe some new players will come if they find out it's refreshing.

Rikaria

Well... considering real life just LOVED to get in the way, I didn't really get to do much; however, I know that feeling all too well. I always hate having to start over, but at the same time this gives everypony a fair chance at what they want to do and where to go. I never understood Tekkit, and at the moment now wouldn't be a good time for me to get accustomed to everything it offers.

I vote for switching.

Ründo

and they didn't give you a chance to access your data one last time?
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Travius Trott

Quote from: Ründo on 2012 Nov 26, 06:01:46
and they didn't give you a chance to access your data one last time?

Well, they did, but the problem is, that for some reason I'm a complete daftie when it comes to Multicraft, as it seems that I can not download any information to my own system from it, even with FileZilla. Last I tried the booted me right off.

But I'm looking at a number of hosts, and my mind is made to avoid multicraft for the future.

Go Up