Favorite Video Game Areas.

Started by Rissian, 2014 Jul 26, 04:26:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2014 Jul 26, 04:26:26 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 26, 04:34:21 by Trege
Area Zero : Rockman Zero series.

I really have forgot how great these games are since I haven't played them in years. Area Zero always puts me in a good mood it's just really well placed. A scarred barren wasteland at first in the intro then suddenly a lush newborn forest growing out of a space colony that fell to earth with seeds plants and an environmental system giving hope to the player as they progress through the game world and even more motivation to defeat the villain so the refugees can live safely. The reason this is well placed is the entire world has become barren and empty from events passed leaving little survival chance for any creatures or humans. There's actually a deep connected story throughout the Megaman series that most people don't see unless they read the complete works books/manga given that every game is connected through the same ongoing story even all the way back to the classic series. The music track only makes the player want to continue on even more so given Area Zero is their only chance of freedom and the villain will do whatever it takes to destroy it and keep a hold over them. Honestly I'd love a remake of these games.

But anyways what are some of your favorite areas from various games? I'll probably post more once I find them I'll have to look at a lot of my old games to remember.

Pipkin

One of my favourite places in Sonic Adventure 2-Green Forest.  Loved that level almost as much as the music that played in that level.

I will post more when im not at work lol

Itty Bit

Yoshi's Island, be it any iteration, was always one of my favorite places to visit in a video game. It just looks like a colorful place to spend a vacation at!

Tokyo

2014 Jul 29, 01:02:32 #3 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 29, 01:24:19 by Tokyo
The Strip, from Fallout: New Vegas :]

It's the "always good-looking devil's hole" that every post apocalyptic wasteland has ;)

I simply love it! <3

GoldenTerrabyte

The Underground Hallow in Terraria. Where practically everything is magical and glowing and stuff, with magical crystals growing on the stone, and really REALLY cool music.
I'm back

Naura

Pokemon Diamond, my first pokemon game, I could't read english at the time, but I got my  Toterra to lv 100... and had a Staraptor at lv 72,  and when I faced Dialga who was at lv 42, I was like, Okey, I'll use this powerful attack at it before it slains me, and that attack happend to be Close combat, so yeah, Dialga is steel and the attack was fighting.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

AaronMk

2014 Jul 30, 00:13:38 #6 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 30, 00:26:23 by AaronMk
Step aside Sonic kiddies.

Of course, the choice of music doesn't hurt at all.

As well, I'd also vouch for the world of Far Cry 2:

Though cursed by the brown filter that's such a joke for many mid-generation "next gen" games from '08 and on, Far Cry 2's gritty, gun-soaked and blood-splattered fictional Africa was dangerous enough to keep you - the player - on his or her toes as you tracked down The Jackal. However in my opinion the quality of the world doesn't really improve until the second half of the game. But by that point I had pretty much settled into and figured out the game, having come well into the conclusion Malaria was such a after-thought that it didn't matter. As long as I did the Underground quests.

Skyrim too, but that goes without saying.

OH! And Uncharted 2's Train Level. Can you remember the train level? Infact, Uncharted in general. Naughty Dog has a way with amazing level design. More so when Uncharted 2 was made in the Year of the Helicopter, or Year of Fiddy.

Praise 2009, lord of our savior: Fiddy Cent. Messiah of the Fiddy Zone and master of OSHA inspection.

And on the ChipCheezum note, Wonderful 101 has some amazingly consistent set design. Shown here

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

KirbyFluttershy

There's a few areas i know and that i like.

Final Fantasy XI - Jeuno and Aht Urhgan Whitegate. These areas is where i Hang out the most
Pokemon FR/LG - Sevii Islands. Probably the music is what i like.
Pokemon HR/SS - Goldenrod City. Love the area, but also the music
Pokemon D/P/Pl - Hearthome City, Love the area as well including the music, and Route 209, since SSBB got me into the music
Pokemon Black 1 - Black city, the only place i'm maintaining the most
Pokemon Mystery dungeon: Explorers - Marine Resort, The only dungeon where I can farm gummis
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team - Sky Tower, Same as explorers, but the music is what i like best too.
Pokemon R/S/E - Sky Pillar. The only place where I train my pokemon at
Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness - I'd say Mt. Battle for me.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rissian

Perhaps the greatest area in the entire Zero series from the drama and storyline.
Spoiler: Story Spoilers • show
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

This was actually my 2nd favorite area from music and seriousness of the situation alone. I don't think any other game in the entire series could really top that moment and area.

It's hard for me to remember a lot of the game areas some of the best game areas I've seen I haven't seen for years due to lack of replaying my old games lately. Bramble Blast though has got to be my all time favorite area of the Donkey Kong Country series.

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Go Up