Official "E3 2014 Discussion" Thread

Started by LostSanity, 2014 Jun 05, 17:57:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AaronMk

And here I thought there were only five people that cared about Final Fantasy. That franchise has been dying over what'll now be three console generations. It's just not relevant, and they're not trying any more.

It's time to break out of the image of the PS1 era Final Fantasy and seek greener grass man.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

GlassMirror

woooo super smash bros. and xenoblade chronicles and pokemon and ZELDA!!!! <3 <3 <3

This was the best Nintendo e3 so far :D

AaronMk

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 10, 18:35:19
woooo super smash bros. and xenoblade chronicles and pokemon and ZELDA!!!! <3 <3 <3

This was the best Nintendo e3 so far :D

It's just like everything I expected ever.

Coffee Rush

Yay for a first look at Civilization : Beyond Earth!
One of the few games that I'm excited about.
My OC can be found here!

LostSanity

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 10, 18:32:55
And here I thought there were only five people that cared about Final Fantasy. That franchise has been dying over what'll now be three console generations. It's just not relevant, and they're not trying any more.

It's time to break out of the image of the PS1 era Final Fantasy and seek greener grass man.

Please don't insult a game series I like.

This is the only time I'll be asking nicely.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

AaronMk

2014 Jun 10, 20:49:44 #25 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 10, 20:53:55 by AaronMk
Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Jun 10, 20:12:16
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Jun 10, 18:32:55

Please don't insult a game series I like.

This is the only time I'll be asking nicely.

I don't need to try that hard since they do it well enough on their own. Their inability to captivate their own fans to buying the succesive generations is a failure on their part. See...

... Here.

The series is in decline. It's not as great as it once was. And Square Enix is showing little interest in doing anything to bring it back to golden-days status. The last title was terrible, and Enix's sub-par effort in characters is digging in. People want Cloud back, plain and simple. But we get some limp-effort to make a character: Lightning.

Frankly, I would rather MGS4 Raiden/Mr Lightning Bolt over her. And that says a lot.

There are reasons this isn't a flat insult, but an actual oppinion on its impact as a brand and a story.

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Jun 10, 20:57:22 #26 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 10, 21:17:23 by Ryo_D_Disk
Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Jun 10, 17:53:03NO FFXV
NO KH3
NO P5
NO FFX-3
NO TWEWY2
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS WAS TERRIBLE.
I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT ANY OF THE OVERRATED Trubbish THAT WAS SHOWN.
WORST E3 EVER.
I GUESS I'M NEVER PLAYING GAMES EVER AGAIN
*RAGEQUITS EVERYTHING*

Oh!  So this was what you were talking about!
Okay, I understand now.

Actually, I agree with everything you say except two, which is P5 and FFX-3.  [PS: Were you honestly expecting another sequel to X?]
...To be honest, I'm not even sure what P5 is...Persona?...

Anyway, Kingdom Hearts 3?  Agreed.
Final Fantasy 14?  Agreed.
The World Ends With You?  Agreed.
What I don't agree with is your attitude.
There were plenty of good, interesting, fun looking games that were announced.  Very few fit the category of "Overrated".
<br />

Go Up