Terraria

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2014 Feb 12, 16:51:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Talk about Terraria here, one of my favorite games!
I'm back

CrystalWolfTear

Never heard of it, mind explaining the concept of the game and maybe describe what the goals and actions are in the game/forum? Maybe a link if it is child safe?

GoldenTerrabyte

Well, I have a pretty good explanation as to what it is.

It is a sidescrolling, open world that is randomly generated, free to explore and find stuff, it is in blocks similarly to Minecraft, meaning you can shape the world as you please, and you basically go around finding valuable items and equipment, and make things out of them, eventually getting better and better things. You can also fight bosses that will drop useful things when they die. Although the game is a little similar to Minecraft, the biggest difference is the fact that there is more advancement and progress involved, and is a lot more combat based. And like Minecraft, there is no true ending to the game, as there is no actual plot. But it's much much easier to show than to tell, I suggest looking at some videos maybe.
I'm back

KirbyFluttershy

The game is playable on PC via Steam, but also playable on xbox360 and PS3 however the systems have different contents than the PC system.

here's a useful info source that you wanna use
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

GoldenTerrabyte

Yeah, that's the absolute best place to go for information. The PC version is always a little farther ahead than the rest in terms of updates, while the Mobile version(iOS and Android phones) is always the farthest behind, it seems.
I'm back

mrmistermistermr

Oh man, Terraria. I've sank around 300 hours on that game.
It's also one of my favorites of the genre, alongside Starbound.
Sadly, my awesome end-game file is on another computer, but it was decked out in full Chlorophyte gear with the Terra Blade. I will recover him soon, though, or at least in time for the big Lunar Update.
But yeah, Terraria. Great game. Love the music, the graphics, the everything.
If you haven't played it, I highly suggest it. It's not that expensive, and it's definitely your money's worth.

CrystalWolfTear

Ahhh seems fun! I spend hours on mine craft just building some random stuff like hills haha, so i'll be looking forward to checking it out soon c:

Aeterna Sol

I rarely play this game and I STILL think I play it a lot. XD I play it on Steam. Anypony wanna play, just tell me.

SnoWidget

Quote from: mrmistermistermr on 2014 Apr 18, 20:40:51
Oh man, Terraria. I've sank around 300 hours on that game.
It's also one of my favorites of the genre, alongside Starbound.
Sadly, my awesome end-game file is on another computer, but it was decked out in full Chlorophyte gear with the Terra Blade. I will recover him soon, though, or at least in time for the big Lunar Update.
But yeah, Terraria. Great game. Love the music, the graphics, the everything.
If you haven't played it, I highly suggest it. It's not that expensive, and it's definitely your money's worth.

Eh, Starbound is alright, it just needs a ton of polishing right now.

And Terraria is driving me mad, I've done the pumpkin moon so many times now and not a single weapon dropped so far..

GoldenTerrabyte

2014 May 20, 01:47:59 #9 Last Edit: 2014 May 20, 01:52:40 by Yellowpikmin476
The best thing about the game though, is just the sheer amound of STUFF there is!

Post Merge

Like, and there's a lot of stuff that's "just for fun", and serves no other purpose! For example, you have some torches, and you find some gems, you can color the torches with the gems! Doesn't make much difference, it's just fun and looks cool! And makes cool lighting! Or there's Vanity items, which basically are outfits to go over your armor! And there's a character called the Party Girl(who is, well, an OBVIOUS shoutout to Pinkie Pie) who basically just sells stuff like that, that just is for fun.
I'm back

snowflurry

I love terraria, my main character runs round with a sniper rifle, megashark, piranha gun, clockwork rifle, and rockets, using a grim reaper costume and turn invisible when I stand still XD

Now I'm farming the frost moon and plan to farm duke fishron, if you want to play together just throw me an friend request on steam, my current username is Snowflurry and my profile pic pic is a white wolf.

also I have a habit of going crazy making my characters home/base

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: snowflurry on 2014 May 20, 01:54:13
I love terraria, my main character runs round with a sniper rifle, megashark, piranha gun, clockwork rifle, and rockets, using a grim reaper costume and turn invisible when I stand still XD

Now I'm farming the frost moon and plan to farm duke fishron, if you want to play together just throw me an friend request on steam, my current username is Snowflurry and my profile pic pic is a white wolf.

also I have a habit of going crazy making my characters home/base
So you prefer the Ranged class I take it, eh? I'm mostly a Mage myself. And I don't have a steam. I just have the Mobile version of Terraria as of yet. But I'll get the PC version... As soon as I have a PC.
I'm back

snowflurry

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 20, 01:58:16
So you prefer the Ranged class I take it, eh? I'm mostly a Mage myself. And I don't have a steam. I just have the Mobile version of Terraria as of yet. But I'll get the PC version... As soon as I have a PC.

yep, I love playing as a Ranger type, very high damage to singular targets, not much crowd control (excluding slow firing rockets) with my rifle I can do 750 damage per shot (which is overkill XD)

GoldenTerrabyte

I like being a mage because all the magic weapons work uniquely, and it's fun to use them all! Personally, I love the Aqua Scepter! It's like... Spraying enemies with a hose! And for weapons with better damage output, well, I love the Magic Harp! I like to play my enemies some painful music!
I'm back

snowflurry

yeah, mage can be quite fun as well, as you said many of the weapons are quite unique , and the harp is always fun to watch. I feel that mages are amazing at clearing large groups of enemies fast, but I find them a bit to squishy and while I love using potions I find it a bit odd to have to keep drinking mana potions during a boss fight ( not the fact that it takes inventory spots, my ammo takes up a lot more room, its more of the fact your attacks suddenly stop and you either have to wait or chug a potion to continue(which can be countered with an accessory, auto mana potion 1)) but still they are fun and real powerful

GoldenTerrabyte

Personally, I actually never carry mana potions! I just rely on standing still a few seconds for quick regeneration! It's a trick, standing still greatly speeds mana and health regeneration! And I also like Melee because of the Terra Blade and Vampire knives... And the amazing Frost Armor! But that's sadly not in my version!
I'm back

snowflurry

2014 May 20, 02:33:01 #16 Last Edit: 2014 May 20, 02:36:09 by snowflurry
funny fact, I find frost armor works best on a ranger, since it works on all physical damage not just melee ^^ , but I still prefer the cloaking and the 45% damage bonusand critical bonus to ranged damage all when standing still from the shroomite armor

oh and I've got a stockpile of Halloween costumes that I'm happy to hand out ^^

GoldenTerrabyte

Yeah. And I forget, does Shroomite conserve ammo? Because IMO that's the best thing for ranged... Which is why I believe there should be an endgame version of the Clockwork Assault Rifle, where it shoots three times for one bullet.
I'm back

snowflurry

2014 May 20, 02:39:09 #18 Last Edit: 2014 May 20, 03:25:41 by snowflurry
20% chance to save ammo from shroomite, along with some guns having 50%, as well as the ammo box accessory that adds 20%( which actually is an activate able furniture piece that gives buff for 10 mins, just carry it with you), in total makes 90% chance to not use ammo, unless its multiplication instead of additive

oh, and the closest thing to the upgraded clockwork rifle would possibly be the chain gun, its like a cross between that and the mega shark, it scatters bullets everywhere at twice the speed of the megashark (or the gatligator which does the same thing, but a bit less damage but keeps the mega sharks ability of "50% chance not to use ammo") then just add homing bullets

or the elf melter that does about 2.5 times the damage and creates 5 flame projectiles, but is shorter ranged and uses gel as ammo

and finally the tsunami, which is a bow that fires 5 arrows at a time, which each arrow can hit the same target unlike the multi fire crossbow(unless using exploding or puncturing arrows)

while each of them aren't quite the same, they all are great alternatives.

KirbyFluttershy

Chain gun may be inaccurate, yes, but if you're using chlorophyte bullets, then you should have no problem with the accuracy when using the chain gun.

Tsunami is good, but it's usually good for mobbing.

I wish I could play with you guys, but I only play the game on steam and playing multiplayer with hamachi will make it laggy so I prefer playing with people that knows how to port forward.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Go Up