Wanders Tavern [Open-RP]

Started by DrifterCrow, 2017 Sep 14, 16:21:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julien999

"How in this world..?" thought aloud the human before retiring his top hat to say "Hello, pony!"

"Normally, it's only through a door that you can walk in this place. So I am not sure if there are portals like those you mentioned appearing in random places."

Noticing that his tea cup is empty, the man asks the Keeper. "Keeper, can I have a refill, please? It's the red tea."

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper takes out a hot teapot from within one of the cupboards underneath the counter. He carries it over to the human and pours in the red tea into the tea cup. He stops pouring and carries it back behind the counter and into the cupboard. He looks over at the portal as it shuts off prematurely. He states, "The tavern's null field just went active. Any and all magic foreign to the tavern is now being terminated, spells leading to here will explode back towards it's source. So whoever casts the spell will end up caught in the blast, unless they are in here then they will lose their ability to cast magic for a week due to the null spell. And if it is a magic item, that will explode. The tavern does not like having portals unless it's its own doors."

He looks over at Onyx. He says, "Since you came over here through a foreign and illegal portal, the way you came in is now gone. If you walk through those doors, you'd find yourself trapped. It'll take a while for me to configure the exit doors. So while you are here, your first order of foods and drinks are on the house."
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Oct 28, 10:14:54The tavern keeper takes out a hot teapot from within one of the cupboards underneath the counter. He carries it over to the human and pours in the red tea into the tea cup. He stops pouring and carries it back behind the counter and into the cupboard. He looks over at the portal as it shuts off prematurely. He states, "The tavern's null field just went active. Any and all magic foreign to the tavern is now being terminated, spells leading to here will explode back towards it's source. So whoever casts the spell will end up caught in the blast, unless they are in here then they will lose their ability to cast magic for a week due to the null spell. And if it is a magic item, that will explode. The tavern does not like having portals unless it's its own doors."

He looks over at Onyx. He says, "Since you came over here through a foreign and illegal portal, the way you came in is now gone. If you walk through those doors, you'd find yourself trapped. It'll take a while for me to configure the exit doors. So while you are here, your first order of foods and drinks are on the house."

*Onyx takes a moment to digest this information, then sighs in resignation*

"Thank you, keeper. I'll have a bowl of butternut squash soup and a soda, please."

*He sits down at a corner table, and sees @Nightshade Star across the room. He waved excitedly at her, remembering the ex-human from his camping trek awhile back*

When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

DrifterCrow

"Very well," he says before disappearing into the door behind the counter.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Nightshade Star

I wave back, thinking about everything that happened back when we were camping together, like singing "The Story of Tonight" on the first night of camping, raising glasses of tea and watching shooting stars. I remember my wish, which was to be a traveler around the world and find out what knowledge is there and beyond (which I had not done yet) "Hey, Onyx." I said.

Julien999

2017 Oct 28, 17:17:58 #165 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 28, 17:24:21 by Julien999
"Thank you." Reply the human, Zed.

Looking at Nightlight, he noticed that she recognizes the pony who just came in (and who did leave before him coming) so he wants to ask. "A friend of yours?"

Note: the paper bird is still on Nightlight's head.

((If I am not mistaking, I am on the same table as Nightlight? I think I wrote something like that. (Nearby)))

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Julien999 on 2017 Oct 28, 17:17:58"Thank you." Reply the human, Zed.

Looking at Nightlight, he noticed that she recognizes the pony who just came in (and who did leave before him coming) so he wants to ask. "A friend of yours?"

*Onyx studies the human for a long minute. He doesn't seem very surprised to see such a strange being here. He waves cordially*
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Nightshade Star

Quote from: Julien999 on 2017 Oct 28, 17:17:58"Thank you." Reply the human, Zed.

Note: the paper bird is still on Nightlight's head.

((If I am not mistaking, I am on the same table as Nightlight? I think I wrote something like that. (Nearby)))

(Eeeeeyep)

"Yes," I said. "I went camping with him and started to develop a few things on him." I added as quiet as I could, trying not to make Onyx hear it. The paper bird was still sitting there, making me think out loud, "Maybe I should name this thing."

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Oct 28, 19:03:49(Eeeeeyep)

"Yes," I said. "I went camping with him and started to develop a few things on him." I added as quiet as I could, trying not to make Onyx hear it. The paper bird was still sitting there, making me think out loud, "Maybe I should name this thing."

*Onyx taps his front hooves on the table in front of him, he's sitting at one close to Night's, but looks happily oblivious to what she said.*

Julien999

Now that his tea is filled, he takes a sip.
"Well, with my magic not as powerful as unicorns like you, the paper bird will not be animated for long."
He looks at his watch and notice the time.
"And the time already passed. It's no longer a living paper but a simple origami. You can always animate it if you have similar spell. The paper is yours now."

DrifterCrow

The tavern keeper comes out of the door with a bowl of butternut squash soup and a bottle of soda. He walks over to Onyx and place the food and drink on the table in front of him. "Enjoy," says the tavern keeper as he walks back behind the counter and resumes cleaning the dishes.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: DrifterCrow on 2017 Oct 29, 07:52:07The tavern keeper comes out of the door with a bowl of butternut squash soup and a bottle of soda. He walks over to Onyx and place the food and drink on the table in front of him. "Enjoy," says the tavern keeper as he walks back behind the counter and resumes cleaning the dishes.

*Onyx smiles at the keeper, and picks up a spoon.*

"Thank you, keeper."

*Takes a bite of the soup.*

"Wow. This is good!"

Nightshade Star

"I have a spell like that," I said. "I've taken advanced courses in magic at Celestia's School, so I might even have a spell to animate it for a lifetime."

Julien999

"Good for you." He claps with his hands (in white gloves). "I may say I am jealous of your magic, but still, one should always remember that magic is not the only answer to every problems."

The magicien takes out 2 cards out from his pocket and look at them. "Now that I shared my thought that I had, now's your turn to share some interesting informations."

Nightshade Star

"Okay," I said, "but what do you even mean? What information? Just anything that pops in my head?" I look at Zed, my mind going anywhere it can.

Julien999

2017 Oct 31, 07:56:12 #175 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 31, 10:23:41 by Julien999
"I don't know. Maybe something that you want to share. It may be a mystery, or it may be a trouble. Either of them, we may try to theorise why and how such happen and may find a answer to it."

He picks one of the card and put on the table. On this card, there are two humans: one is Zed in a black suit and the other seems to be his gender swapped counterpart in a red suit, the same of which seen in his vision. They are separated with a mirror in the middle.
"Or it may stay a mystery that we can't solve."

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Julien999 on 2017 Oct 31, 07:56:12"I don't know. Maybe something that you want to share. It may be a mystery, or it may be a trouble. Either of them, we may try to theorise why and how such happen and may find a answer to it."

He picks one of the card and put on the table. On this card, there are two humans: one is Zed in a black suit and the other seems to be his gender swap in a red suit, the same of which they saw. They are separated with a mirror in the middle.
"Or it may stay a mystery that we can't solve."

*Onyx watches the proceedings with a raised eyebrow, then mumbles*

"Not something you see every day..."

Julien999

"It may even be something that you thought to have seen..." As he said so, he puts his rod on the table and rolled it from right to his left hand. When the rod rolled over the card, it disapeared. As if the card was just an illusion.

"Your choice."

Onyx Quill

*Onyx seems to be amusing himself by balancing his chair on it's back legs. He takes the last bite of his soup.*

Nightshade Star

I took another sip of my coffee, but then realize it's getting cold, so I basically chugged the whole thing.
My mind was clearer now so far. I recalled stuff from my adventure with Ontx, and that one note on the arrow...
I remember the term "Little Pony" used by Zed when we first met, and remembered it also said "Little Pony" on the note.
"Do I have a feeling you spied on us?" I asked Zed. "Those arrows and everything.. was that you?"

Go Up