Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Games like Disney Infinity or Bakugan Dimensions require you to buy there toys to unlock characters but they don't require you to unlock all the characters, i only want to play as my favorite characters yet i'm forced to buy a pack sometimes which is why i have 2 figures for Disney Infinity i have no use for and there just laying on the table collecting dust, i wanna sell em but have no idea how to online sell, my dad has done it before yet he doesn't want to do anything to teach me   

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 09, 19:47:42
Games like Disney Infinity or Bakugan Dimensions require you to buy there toys to unlock characters but they don't require you to unlock all the characters, i only want to play as my favorite characters yet i'm forced to buy a pack sometimes which is why i have 2 figures for Disney Infinity i have no use for and there just laying on the table collecting dust, i wanna sell em but have no idea how to online sell, my dad has done it before yet he doesn't want to do anything to teach me

I think the worst thing with these kind of games is that they have NO alternatives for people who want to play as characters, are willing to PAY for said characters, but don't want the actual figurines. Couldn't they like, sell digital packs of code to basically replace those? It would be even better for when you eventually quite simply can't get the http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. figures in the first place.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Sep 09, 20:41:22
I think the worst thing with these kind of games is that they have NO alternatives for people who want to play as characters, are willing to PAY for said characters, but don't want the actual figurines. Couldn't they like, sell digital packs of code to basically replace those? It would be even better for when you eventually quite simply can't get the <a href="http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.</a> figures in the first place.
To be honest i actually like the figures, admittedly they take some space but still, there so cool/adorabale X3   

Chromastone64

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 10, 10:42:20
To be honest i actually like the figures, admittedly they take some space but still, there so cool/adorabale X3   

I got Hiro from BH6 yesterday when I first saw the film, actually ^-^
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Sep 10, 11:00:28
I got Hiro from BH6 yesterday when I first saw the film, actually ^-^
I'm still waiting for Gogo Tomago X3
another thing to complain about is how Disney Infinity doesn't have any online multiplayer system yet, i'd love a fair play arena setup and a tag team thing but noting yet!, i hear there gonna have some sorta 4 player system for the Dungeon game "Toy Box Takeover" 

Lync Volan

So i finished the story mode of "Young Justice Legacy" on HARD mode but still didn't unlock Beast boy so i guess i have to replay the whole thing on NORMAL mode cause they say i have to beat it on Normal to unlock him but i already beat it on HARD so it should be good enough DD:!

Peace Keeper

Well... technically in the video game, but more online play.

I am starting to see Smash online turn to more Super Spam Bros. for 3 hours straight, every match were spammers. Either projectile, counter, smash, ect., its starting to annoy the heck out of me. Just recently, me and my neph dominate 2v2s and even after people spam, we use anti-spam tactics to won, all without spamming ourselves. Until now, there are even more harcore spammers that now start to become an enygma. Lil Mac spammers make me cringe so bad cause I second-main Lil Mac and I see so many mistakes spammin smashes.

Now the sorst part... we came with spammers so harcore, it felt impossible to even beat them with ANY of our mains. Pushed us to the brink that we even spammed ourselves, and that is now the tables turn. We ended up winning them spamming, but comes to show 2 things: 1) They arent the greatest in spamming cause we can spam better, and 2) its a matter of time where spamming may be the only way to smash.

Spammers really are killing the traditional smash spirit of fighting. :c Even if I do happen to beat everyone who tends to spam by not spamming myself, it just doesnt feel right anymore.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Sep 18, 16:18:26
Well... technically in the video game, but more online play.

I am starting to see Smash online turn to more Super Spam Bros. for 3 hours straight, every match were spammers. Either projectile, counter, smash, ect., its starting to annoy the heck out of me. Just recently, me and my neph dominate 2v2s and even after people spam, we use anti-spam tactics to won, all without spamming ourselves. Until now, there are even more harcore spammers that now start to become an enygma. Lil Mac spammers make me cringe so bad cause I second-main Lil Mac and I see so many mistakes spammin smashes.

Now the sorst part... we came with spammers so harcore, it felt impossible to even beat them with ANY of our mains. Pushed us to the brink that we even spammed ourselves, and that is now the tables turn. We ended up winning them spamming, but comes to show 2 things: 1) They arent the greatest in spamming cause we can spam better, and 2) its a matter of time where spamming may be the only way to smash.

Spammers really are killing the traditional smash spirit of fighting. :c Even if I do happen to beat everyone who tends to spam by not spamming myself, it just doesnt feel right anymore.
well i never got the chance to play Smash online and i most likely never will i can see how that's terrible, no respectable fighters who fight with honor instead of spam sounds horrible to me, reminds me of what happen with CN TKO back when i used to play it 

Lync Volan

So 2 things are annoying me right now about 1 game in particular,
In "Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst" there is this LIMITED time costume you can get with a code or buy in the PSN store as DLC but i read its LIMITED most likely meaning there is no way i can get it now, i'm not the biggest fan of Dragon Ball Z but the costume looks so awesome on Naruto!

Achievements/Trophies that you can only get during online battles (yes i like collecting them), now i'm not sure if it's my skills that are lacking or there simply doing cheat moves but i have only won about 1 battle in online matches of the Ninja Storm series so far not to mention the annoying response lag in character movement that makes it near to impossible to win when somehow the other players seems to have perfect control of there character
(lets not forget the fact everyone likes using Naruto Or Minato the OP of OP)     

Mr Nutt

For me, the most annoying thing is gaming (besides games that still think lives are a good idea outside of an arcade) are roguelikes. It really annoys me how hours of playing will mean completely nothing is you screw up or how some runs seem to give me nothing to work with. I really don't get how these became so http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. popular.

Lync Volan

So i was planing on downloading the new 3.0 Disney Infinity yesterday instead of buying the disc because i didn't want to wait for shipping & cause i already had 20 bucks on my Ps3, turns out the game is just TOO HUGE to download into a Ps3 so now i gotta ask my parents for money again even though i promised it would be the last time i'd ask them for extra stuff this year
(i already got about 3 Disney Infinity 3.0 Figures with 2 3.0 Playsets)
LETS NOT FORGET THAT I CAn'T REFUND THE MONEY SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO USE IT ON >~<   

Zsaszz

Shield cops on Payday 2, those are even more annoying to me than the tazers  >:/

Chromastone64

Skylanders is one of my absolute favorite series. However the new game, SuperChargers, was QUITE a letdown.
First: CO-OP SUCKS. Sometimes if you swap characters, their hat will be swapped with Player 2's, and since my brother just HAD to have the right hat, we had to keep pausing and re-equipping it.
Second: The final boss. I'll put it in spoilers just in case.
Spoiler: show
So the last game, Trap Team, had the main villain, Kaos, turn into a freaking half-crystal-half-Sephiroth-style dark angel, with giant blades and epic high-speed dubstep orchestra in the background in a pretty visually awesome 5-phase battle.
This time? A slightly bigger normal Kaos in a floating chair with big purple hands and frankly boring battle music. Wow.
Oh, but TECHNICALLY that's not the final fight, but it's the last character fight. Afterwards you fight this giant dark-machine hybrid in space or something. Sound awesome? Well, it's a vehicle segment, meaning all you do is drive, avoid stuff, hit boosts, and OCCASIONLY fire your weapons. And the music is boring.

Third: OH MY GOD THE FINAL SONG IN THE CREDITS. It seems to be the main theme for the game, but GOD, it's more cheesy and vomit-indusing than Gen 1 MLP songs! I'd rather listen to all of Rarity's songs in a row twice than hear that again. (Not saying her songs are bad, I'm just not a Rarity fan).
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

So right now i'm playing a certain game where you had to fight hordes of enemies until something happened to get on top of this tower (someone uses lightning to lift up platforms as seen in a video i watched recently) but for some reason notings happenings so i guess its a glitch, i'll have to fight them all over again i guess

another thing would be upgrade options that make you OP cause you dunno if you HAVE to upgrade to beat the game or its just an option plus there is no way to undo upgrades after there done most of the time
games with out a reply level selection option ovO   

Lync Volan

Ok so in the certain game i'm playing there are waves of enemies who block the path and have far ranged attacks that you can hardly dodge to run past them so i'm forced to back track and blast them with far ranged weapons but recently the game started to save the checkpoints i just past so now i lose ammo everytime i'm knocked out and i backed tracked all the way back to the last check point 

Zsaszz

The recent status of the Lol servers in LAN, its so bad that i don't dare to even play a normal right now because even if i start with 60 ping in just a matter of seconds goes to 600 or instead it simply disconnects from the game, yesterday i was in a match when suddenly 3 of my teammates disconnected and one on the enemy team also went afk, we went 2v4 until the minute 20 because if we were to leave the game then the penalty is on us even when it was clearly the server fault...

Peace Keeper

Got me 2 rants. 1 Smash and 1 Destiny.

1) I just realized there is something called For Glory Heck, which is a special server to place those players who have been reported. Unfortunately, there are those super salty players or trolls who report on those good players. Its cool that they separate those spammers, trolls, and taunting SDing players, but it sucks that it also houses the good players. If you play too good (well even below average and still beat this person), you end up in For Glory Heck from the reports. Pretty much these people abuse the report button. Sooner or later For Glory regular will be just filled with salty players and noobs who can't beat these salty people. Might as well remove the report altogether and just let the system record how many times this player used this particular move.

Now for my bigger rant. Its within the game, but a business as well.
2) Not sure if I should follow my 2 brothers to buy the Taken King. Honestly, I really quit Destiny. Right after the update, some of the stuff that I actually had since I bought it are now impossible to even use. I can't even enter raids, I can't do these nightfalls, weekly or even daily challenges. Also, you are stuck in 34 unless you bought The Taken King, and if you bought the other 2 expansions, the raids wont work for crud either, and you can't get level 35+gear. Even worse, I am nerfed as heck, probably more nerfed than Diddy and Greninja combined. Its like your phone that comes with unlimited plans and you buy all these apps, and then they take away the unlimited part and try to sell it to you again, and you can't even use much of your apps. Its more than a rip-off, its a rip-away. Well... luckily for me I didn't bought any of the DLCs and I bought the game used. The complete collection I could probably get for selling my game and upgrading... just not sure if it is even worth it anymore considering I would just be grinding to boredom, and crucible doesn't entertain me as much. Once I finished the Raid (if I can even find 6 random people to play with... let alone if they even bought the Taken King), then... its just sit to collect dust.

Judging by how big my rant was... I probably say this is the worst game I ever bought and experienced, and I played a lot of games. I'll just stop here. I probably rant longer than the max character the post limits me. So yea... I probably won't get the expansion, and instead sell it. Was fun while it lasted.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Oct 07, 03:00:39
Got me 2 rants. 1 Smash and 1 Destiny.

1) I just realized there is something called For Glory Heck, which is a special server to place those players who have been reported. Unfortunately, there are those super salty players or trolls who report on those good players. Its cool that they separate those spammers, trolls, and taunting SDing players, but it sucks that it also houses the good players. If you play too good (well even below average and still beat this person), you end up in For Glory Heck from the reports. Pretty much these people abuse the report button. Sooner or later For Glory regular will be just filled with salty players and noobs who can't beat these salty people. Might as well remove the report altogether and just let the system record how many times this player used this particular move.

Now for my bigger rant. Its within the game, but a business as well.
2) Not sure if I should follow my 2 brothers to buy the Taken King. Honestly, I really quit Destiny. Right after the update, some of the stuff that I actually had since I bought it are now impossible to even use. I can't even enter raids, I can't do these nightfalls, weekly or even daily challenges. Also, you are stuck in 34 unless you bought The Taken King, and if you bought the other 2 expansions, the raids wont work for crud either, and you can't get level 35+gear. Even worse, I am nerfed as heck, probably more nerfed than Diddy and Greninja combined. Its like your phone that comes with unlimited plans and you buy all these apps, and then they take away the unlimited part and try to sell it to you again, and you can't even use much of your apps. Its more than a rip-off, its a rip-away. Well... luckily for me I didn't bought any of the DLCs and I bought the game used. The complete collection I could probably get for selling my game and upgrading... just not sure if it is even worth it anymore considering I would just be grinding to boredom, and crucible doesn't entertain me as much. Once I finished the Raid (if I can even find 6 random people to play with... let alone if they even bought the Taken King), then... its just sit to collect dust.

Judging by how big my rant was... I probably say this is the worst game I ever bought and experienced, and I played a lot of games. I'll just stop here. I probably rant longer than the max character the post limits me. So yea... I probably won't get the expansion, and instead sell it. Was fun while it lasted.

I was going to get Destiny, but then all the talk of basically no story came out, and my interest bombed.
Also, I only have one thing to say about the Smash thing:
OH HAI LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 07, 04:22:50
I was going to get Destiny, but then all the talk of basically no story came out, and my interest bombed.
Also, I only have one thing to say about the Smash thing:
OH HAI LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.

I could honestly tell ya you will be done pretty quickly with the story. With expansions, thats basically what was suppose to be the length of the total gameplay time. I think more of the emphasis went for matchmaking strike missions and versus player. Story isn't much deep unless you get all the DLCs.

I could understand for Smash. I probably wouldn't go For Glory anymore. I just play together with people I know. At least we still play it traditionally X3 .

Chromastone64

I only play 1v1 For Glory online, but that's only because nearly every time I played For Fun, it lagged to heck.

Go Up