Another Open Server Weekend, January 24th-26th!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Dec 07, 13:07:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Salnalus

Quote from: Somebeing on 2013 Dec 20, 01:21:51
... I have mixed feelings about this. The game comes out again , we can all play again , but with what purpose? Another stress test or something? Beta?

Welp...until it comes out I can't criticize much, can I  ;)?

Basically another stress test.

I was here for the last stress test earlier this year. Some of you may definitely see Ember up on there.

*sigh* Too bad we have to be wasting time downloading the client again. I wish we could just use the old one.

Prismatic

Quote from: Salnalus on 2013 Dec 20, 11:43:19
*sigh* Too bad we have to be wasting time downloading the client again. I wish we could just use the old one.

But you wouldn't get all the new updates if you were using the old client.

Salnalus

Quote from: Prismatic on 2013 Dec 20, 12:26:34

I know. It's kinda like Minecraft's client where you'd have to download it. That's why I said "I wish we could use the old one", so we wouldn't have to waste time downloading it a second time. It took me quite a while the last time to download it.

Pipkin

Yeah, but it's not even what Prismatic said about the updates....the devs have made so many changes to the client build since the last OSW the old client physically cannot connect with the servers.

Although I do know where you're getting at, it did take a while last time for most people to download the client(although I was the 2nd or 3rd person to get it last time  X3)

LostSanity

My participation in the stress test is back on now that I got my laptop fixed!!

I hope to see you guys there!!

:D

Assuming nothing else happens to my laptop that is...

:I

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

ig1mi

Quote from: Prismatic on 2013 Dec 20, 12:26:34

Nope, the old client doesn't update
It's better to live in the present than in the past.

Guard120

Looking forward to it. I've attended all of them so far (i think) and have loved watching the progress. I had something weird happen last one though. Everything worked fine except when I tried to use spells on a unicorn. For example, I would cast Teleport, click the destination... nothing would happen, I could run around, jump no problem.... 10 minutes later.. *Flash* *Teleport* ... HUHHH?????  :I

I put it down to a huge amount of lag, you guys were stress testing after all  ;) 

^-^

TotesPoneh

Seriously.......after reading the faq and playing about with the pony creator...this game sounds awesome, can't wait to have a play on the test weekend, shame it isn't a test week though.....that's my birthday week that is :c

Toonzami

Finally!! Last server weekend I registered on the fourms days before open server, but I never did get my activation email.-_- I'm excited that I'll be able to participate this time! This game sounds so amazing.
This blank space... it trying to steal my soul!!!!
Back away! Back away I say! Ugh this is the worst.... possible....thing!D:

sammym07

Quote from: TotesPoneh on 2013 Dec 28, 13:00:11
Seriously.......after reading the faq and playing about with the pony creator...this game sounds awesome, can't wait to have a play on the test weekend, shame it isn't a test week though.....that's my birthday week that is :c

My birthday is Jan. 27, so I'm excited! :3 Whena ur birthday? :)

I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you

Sharks2425

The last Open server weekend  was awesome!! Can't wait for this one. Hope to see you all there!  ^-^

LostSanity

Okay... um... I'm worried that this next one will go about as well that the last one did. Which was not well at all.

I'll just try to hope for the best I guess...  :I

Anyway... if things do go better than last time... just like last time... I'm going to try to livestream me playing the game during the stress test!!  :3

If the forums works well... I'll post it in the Video area and again when I'm about to start and I'll upload my experience onto my YouTube channel again.  :D

That is... assuming I don't end up STACKED with homework around the 24th-26th from the college I'm currently attending...  ono

We'll see...

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Mysteli

Ramisha

*checks calendar*
Good, the open server will be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll try to do my homework in Friday so I probably won't be online that day. *checks again* Oh good, I go to school in the morning that week. Perfect!  ^-^

CMC Scootaloo

2014 Jan 04, 09:45:40 #97 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 04, 09:49:04 by CMC Scootaloo
Yes! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

YES!

YES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I waited for this!
So long! ono
And now I can go back!
Oh, sweet Luna, thank you! DD:

I can't wait to see this sweet game again, it's time to rock Equestria once more!!!!! :D
I got to know to quite a number of nice bronies and I hope I can see them again!
After six months probably no one knows me anymore (a not successful attempt to look at every fanwork released on a single day since I began to fully explore EQD on July 17th kept me busy, and then, the endless S4 discussions there), but, just in case somepony still knows me, I was a pegasus filly called Silver Horizon and then, near the end, a unicorn mare, with the familiar name of Rarrrity!
And I will play as Silver Horizon again!
Just look at my signature some time before the weekend starts if you don't know anymore how my pony looked!

AAAAAAAAAAH, I'm so excited, I can't wait! :D

Oh, and just a question to make sure:

I have to download a new client, but do I also have to make a new account or can I use this one to log into the game?
Also, when will the client provided for download?
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Octavia

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2014 Jan 04, 09:45:40
I have to download a new client, but do I also have to make a new account or can I use this one to log into the game?

I'm fairly certain our forum accounts are the same ones we use in-game. As for the latter question, the clients tend to be available to download rather close to the event itself.

Though, I do wonder what's new in this build, haha.

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Octavia on 2014 Jan 04, 11:09:54
Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2014 Jan 04, 09:45:40

I'm fairly certain our forum accounts are the same ones we use in-game. As for the latter question, the clients tend to be available to download rather close to the event itself.

Though, I do wonder what's new in this build, haha.

spot on for the most part, your forum account will be what you use to log into the game and then the client will most likely be available right before or right at the start of the weekend
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up