Doors the dimensional puzzle game (Sign up)

Started by Ryo_D_Disk, 2013 Oct 01, 18:00:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ryo_D_Disk

2013 Oct 01, 18:00:12 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 07, 13:33:00 by Ryo_D_Disk
This game is a puzzle based adventure where you travel through worlds and dimensions where anything and everything could be possible within their realms, the objective is to work out what is going on in the world and find the next door to move onto the next world, and you never know what will happen through the next door, within these worlds things are not like ponyville, your race could be swapped, your powers taken away or even change your appearance entirely, the world will be different each time also so one moment you could be in a town the next world you could be in space who knows, but while in that world the laws of the world apply to you. 

The story is you have been recruited to be part of an experiment at Ryo's lab located in the warehouse district , where he will explain what the experiment is for as well as how it works.

Rules:
1. Play fair and read the rules I write these for a reason
2. Don't assume events in game or use ooc to explain yourself e.g. If you want to open a shut door there will be a chance its locked so dont assume it opens and you enter I will bounce you back)
3. Keep OOC to the OOC page any text in game will be read as Rp text. E.g. if you make a ooc joke in game I will have my npc's react like it or not
4. Please try to avoid single word or one line responses. Granted sometimes it's a simple response but this game is about the creativity of solving problems so be descriptive
5. Don't complain if I change what your character is like the worlds in this game will do some alterations given it race, age or even power levels if I do this its part of the story unless I state otherwise.
6. Don't power your way through situations or be a solo player, give other players a chance to solve things before chagrining in by yourself that said Godmode and powerplaying will be disallowed
7. In the case of a argument GM has the final say (sorry but If I have a complaint its normally for the benefit of the game)
8.Dont copy the same response another player gave, the same idea is fine but if E.g. there are two posts stating "I open the door" only the first will be allowed unless reworded
9.Follow the normal forum rules If you haven't read them go do
10. If you have read and understood the rules put your Characters name in bold writing during sign up
11.Remember to be fair to the Gm, I'm going to write a story and world so if I make a mistake in spelling grammar or otherwise don't shout at me

Name
(Minor edit to sign up derpy here forgot gender) Gender:
Race:
Appearance: (Image preferable)
Personality:
Powers (if any be warned these will be subject to limitations)
Back-story: (nothing crazy I just want to know the charaters past or material I could work into the story)

OOC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9160.msg703234#msg703234
RP http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9191.0

RoyFury

2013 Oct 01, 18:31:31 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 15, 21:07:11 by RoyFury
Name: Glacial Shift
Race: Changeling
Appearance: Similar to standard Drone with the following exceptions(image should be done after this weekend):
                     -sky blue coat w/ aqua mane and tail (yeah, she had mane and tail XD)
                     -smaller than average size and strength/stamina
                     -Her mane is shoulder length and flowing
                     -Mahogany irises
Personality: Somewhat shy and reserved, introverted. She deplores being a burden on others and thus may force herself into situations out of her comfort zone often. It's hard to gain her trust but she would die for her friends.
Powers: Shapeshifting, fluctuating energy levels(her own)
Back-story: Found in the Everfree forest near Ponyville, she was found beaten and unconscious. after treatment in Ponyville General Hospital, she awoke with Amnesia, unaware of not only what had happened to her but also no knowledge of either her race or its powers. All her knowledge of Changelings comes from public interaction and the stories she hears from Nurse Redheart in her times as a ward in the mare's house. She lives in a self made shelter in the Everfree forest and works at Ponyville General under Nurse Redheart in a disguise known as Intensive Care. After receiving the letter and confiding in Red-Heart, she decides to accept to see if the results of Ryo's experiment may have any use by the two in the medical field. She makes her way there under her guise, wary to display her true form due to previous unfavorable interactions.

Name: Intensive Care
Race: Unicorn
Appearance: -Light grey coat
                     -soft royal blue eyes
                     -mane: ponytail
                     -short tail
                     -both mane and tail are soft royal blue
                     -CM: diagonally bandaged heart
Personality: Same as Glacial Shift
Powers: Same as Glacial Shift
Back Story: Alternate disguise for Glacial Shift, She is the assistant of Nurse Red-Heart and a minor nurse. This is the usual appearance of Glacial Shift

Ryo_D_Disk

2013 Oct 01, 18:41:14 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 01, 18:46:10 by Ryo_D_Disk
Roy I have no complaints with the charater but theres somthing missing before I accept your Sign up
(also derpy here forgot gender in the sign up so Ive added it now)

Acepted welcome to the game it will go up later this week when a few more players are involved

The Wandering Magus

2013 Oct 01, 19:45:25 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 02, 13:33:03 by The Wandering Magus
Name: Teacup, Maid of the House of Fancy
Race: earth pony
Appearance:
Spoiler: show

Personality: calm, humble, polite, somewhat submissive, but intelligent and very capable of handling herself in emergencies
Powers (if any be warned these will be subject to limitations): able to move almost silently due to years of training. skilled in combat with kitchen implements and commonly available objects such as broomsticks, and in unarmed combat.  expert at cooking and other maid's chores.
Back-story: Lord Fancy Pants the Fifth heard of this interesting experiment, and saw fit to allow the research group access to one of his maid-bodyguards out of a desire to test the aptitude of the Servants of the House in unpredictable situations.  The maid has served within Fancy Manor and around the Pants Estate since her birth, gaining a cutiemark in tea serving.  Despite her meek, almost helpless-seeming appearance and demeanor, the mare is very combat-capable, having personally averted multiple attempted assassinations of her Master in the past.  Her greatest loyalty is to Master Fancy and the House of Fancy; all other priorities are secondary to the will of her Lord.  She will see this order through no matter what, even at the cost of her own life.

Name: Dr. Feather Scroll, PhD
Race: unicorn
Appearance: blue unicorn in avatar
Personality: generally gentle and somewhat shy, but can get assertive in stressful situations and around the laboratory.  Slightly OCD
Powers: aside from normal unicorn telekinesis and minor teleportation, the unicorn's speciality is in creating Spell Matrices for all sorts of purposes on the fly from everyday materials and ambient magical energy.  These matrices may be used for teleportation, shields, reversing gravity, creating short-range portals, making a small pocket dimension and more, but require at least a piece of chalk and some magic to begin with.  He has a weightless emergency matrix embedded into his spinal chord in case of horn injury, which runs off his own life force in exchange for weakened versions of the basic unicorn abilities, temporarily allowing him to create healing matrices or other tools for regeneration, or to escape a threatening situation.
Back-story: Dr. Feather Scroll, PhD in Magitronics and professor of inter-magical forces at the Royal Academy of Magic, decided to take part in this experiment in the hopes of understanding more about the nature of malleable space-time and the usefulness of spell matrices in extreme situations.  He is also here by the request of Ryo, who is a colleague and good friend of his.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Ryo_D_Disk

Magus at this stage both Charaters are Rejected from this game, If you read through my opening post you will understand why

narwhaliagames

Name: oki discord
(Minor edit to sign up derpy here forgot gender) Gender: stallion
Race: discorded unicorn
Appearance:

Personality: slightly insane
Powers (if any be warned these will be subject to limitations): skilled in chaos magic
Back-story: (nothing crazy I just want to know the charaters past or material I could work into the story): durring discords rule of ponyville he created many new ponies one of which is oki discord he was one of the stronger discord ponies so he somehow survived the conversion of ponyville and lived his life undercover
ay i'm no longer using this site

Ryo_D_Disk

Narwalia Im currently declining the Sign up for two reasons One I dont think youve read the first post go do (you shall see why)

and two your power description is very lacking for somthing such as chaos power which is somthing im intending to use I want a bit more on what you plan to do with it

(because lets be honest Choas energy in the mlp univerce can change reality itelf)

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

The Wandering Magus

Chrisgotjar

2013 Oct 02, 16:28:50 #10 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 02, 16:32:12 by Chrisgotjar
Ok here I gooooooooo!

Name: [B]Blueberry Gelato[/B]
Race: Earth Pony
Appearance:
Spoiler: I'll draw something up later • show

He also wears a white apron and has a filled Ice Cream bowl Cutie Mark
Personality: Upbeat, scatterbrained and optimistic though he can keep focused on a task if he really has to.
Powers: None. (He's an Earth Pony... What did you expect?)
Back-story: Blue is an Ice Cream Chef from the City of Baltimare. He acquired his cutie mark one day while at school, Blue was hungry as usual and sneaked into the school kitchen in between classes. The kitchen had a large churning machine, stealing some of the cream he gave it a taste... Too salty. After pouring in a whole bag of Sugar into the mix he tried again, much better but there was no time to enjoy it as he had to hurry back to class. Blue spun around knocking a nearby bowl of fruit into the machine. No time to clean everything he just grabbed the bowl and whatever was inside it now; cream, strawberries, bananas whatever and shoved it into the nearby freezer. Nopony would be able to trace the deed to him anyway he bolted out the door and back to class.
At the end of School Blue returned to the freezer. The bowl was still there! Although the contents of the bowl were now frozen solid, a block of frozen cream with fruit in it. Not much he could do with that. 'Though if I somehow smash this into tiny chunks I might be able to eat it' as he thought those words his flank started to give off a small glow and a bowl of ice cream appeared.
He lived with his parents with no brothers or siblings until the age of 16. After Blue finished school he started working at a small Ice Cream stand at the marketplace near his family home. Churning his own Ice Cream and sometimes when he worked on his own sneaked his own little blends into the machine to see what would happen.
Blue now lives in a flat, now the owner of his own Ice cream stand. He received the recruitment letter to Ryo's lab through the post a few days ago and is now making his way to Ryo's lab whatever that is. Though reluctant to close his stall for the day he might come up with new Ice Creams and that's always good right?
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

RoyFury

2013 Oct 02, 16:30:11 #11 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 02, 16:34:20 by RoyFury
 :D Something tells me that Gelato and Glace will get to be good friends :3

(also, you forgot something important, check the submission guidelines)

Ryo_D_Disk

No complaints what so ever and I love your motivation accepted

SuperNovaNightmare

2013 Oct 03, 04:06:29 #13 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 03, 20:07:03 by SuperNovaNightmare
I hope this works.....

Name: Red Flare
Appearance:

Personality: Positive, energetic, and loves to learn more about anything. She loves to learn from her cousin, Magmaris, a excellent pyromancer.
Powers(if any be warned these will be subject to limitations): A novice pyromancer able to cast simple spells, and raise minor summons. (if needed be, she can be weakened a bit more)
Back-story: The cousin of Magmaris that has devoted all of her time to learn from her, Red Flare is a dedicated student. Magmaris loves having her around, for she is very intelligent, and catches on very quickly. There has been, how ever, a few incidents with magical mishaps, mainly with summons. One that almost ended horribly was Flare summoning something to strong for her to control, and almost ate Magmaris. It was quickly dispelled by Magmaris, and she learned not to jump ahead of her teachings. Things were quickly patched up though, as for they are still family, and they hold each other close to their hearts, and no matter what, they shall always be family.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: SuperNovaNightmare on 2013 Oct 03, 04:06:29
I hope this works.....

Name: Red Flare
Appearance:

Personality: Positive, energetic, and loves to learn more about anything. She loves to learn from her cousin, Magmaris, a excellent pyromancer.
Powers: A novice pyromancer able to cast simple spells, and raise minor summons. (if needed be, she can be weakened a bit more)
Back-story: The cousin of Magmaris that has devoted all of her time to learn from her, Red Flare is a dedicated student. Magmaris loves having her around, for she is very intelligent, and catches on very quickly. There has been, how ever, a few incidents with magical mishaps, mainly with summons. One that almost ended horribly was Flare summoning something to strong for her to control, and almost ate Magmaris. It was quickly dispelled by Magmaris, and she learned not to jump ahead of her teachings. Things were quickly patched up though, as for they are still family, and they hold each other close to their hearts, and no matter what, they shall always be family.
psst, there's one rule you forgot...

Ryo_D_Disk

ovO Everyone gets to the posts before I do it seems but yes you have missed a point on the sign up so untill that changes I cant accept the sign up

SuperNovaNightmare

Ok, I think I got it. Wow, I laughed really hard when I found what I missed in the rules. lol

Ryo_D_Disk

With that change accpeted and so far nopony has actuly read that rule so yea, Tut tut to all of you  ovO

Little Star

Name: StarSong
Race: Pegasus
Appearance: Ryo you know me x.x, also avatar
Personality: not serious in any way, Tries to make friends laugh, Can be forgetful, Sarcastic
Powers: Hmm... I guess her singing is calming and lullabies make ponies sleep ^-^
Back-story: (Just summing this up) Born in Manehattan and moved around a lot, lives in Cloudsdale most of the time, though is a frequent visitor of Ponyville. Learned how to play a few songs on guitar from close friends and spends most of her time at coffeeshops, her father worked at one when he was younger so she grew up in them. Mother and father wanted her to work at the coffeeshop but weren't disappointed when she chose to do music.

Ryo_D_Disk

Somepony who read the rules accepted Star (well I did get the trick from you so yea If you didnt get it I would be laughing)

Go Up