Game files now available for download!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Apr 17, 04:39:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

2014 Apr 18, 01:03:25 #120 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 18, 01:11:25 by Pipkin
Quote from: FrostyDay on 2014 Apr 18, 01:02:09
Its not over until its over and im flying around in cloudopolis. I got to server listing, they all read pings of -1, and i selected one and it is taking forever to "connecting to the official LoE server..." Is this normal? Taking so long? Or should i cancel and keep resendong to make it work?

Try to run as an administrator.  I had login and connection issues and that fixed it for me

Nova I can't seem to figure out why you'd be getting that error.  It sounds like my error(i'll see if 404 pops up for me withour running as admin) and running as admin worked for me

Nova Beats

Maybe I did something wrong while downloading then? I have no idea either

Pipkin

2014 Apr 18, 01:13:07 #122 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 18, 01:15:30 by Pipkin
I dont see that being the case, as it does this for me with both versions of the client

Right so my error is couldn't resolve host, host not found....so it's not the same as yours

Nova Beats

I don't know, but I tried both versions and each time even with running as administrator after I put in my login info and press log in, it keeps saying could not find 404. I am supposed to be using my forum account login for this right?

Pipkin

I'm not sure what to tell you then....it's weird for you to get a 404 error with a client everyone else is using....

Nova Beats

Yeah from what I can tell I am the only one getting this kind of error

Derevo417

Downloaded RC2 x64. Got stuck in Sugarcube Corner. RC1 x64 - same thing.
AFAICR this was bug with previous launch and it got fixed pretty fast.

pilicious

I'm attempting to download the Windows 8 version, but when I try to open the folder I get "The compressed (zipped) folder [File directory] is invalid"

Pipkin

Quote from: Derevo417 on 2014 Apr 18, 01:25:33
Downloaded RC2 x64. Got stuck in Sugarcube Corner. RC1 x64 - same thing.
AFAICR this was bug with previous launch and it got fixed pretty fast.

This bug was in the old 64bit version you are correct.  I'm not sure if they can fix it as fast this time so I recommend downloading the 32bit version of the client

Quote from: pilicious on 2014 Apr 18, 01:28:07
I'm attempting to download the Windows 8 version, but when I try to open the folder I get "The compressed (zipped) folder [File directory] is invalid"

Which one did you try downloading?(x86 or x64)

Zloboc

I got stuck in a mill in Ponydale... There was no entrance there, I was just curious. However, I hope you'll fix it.
Running x64 RC2.

FrostyDay

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 18, 01:03:25
Its not over until its over and im flying around in cloudopolis. I got to server listing, they all read pings of -1, and i selected one and it is taking forever to "connecting to the official LoE server..." Is this normal? Taking so long? Or should i cancel and keep resendong to make it work?

Try to run as an administrator.  I had login and connection issues and that fixed it for me

You mean administrator of computer right? I am on a mac and the only user/administrator on this computer. I dont see how that could have anything to do with the state of things anyway. My own status is still waiting for loe server connection after choosing server. Ive relaunched the game but to no additional avail. I have no explicit 404 message. Have the downloads been updated since they were first available yesterday?
Find me in-game as "Gentle Flurry"

Nova Beats

Quote from: FrostyDay on 2014 Apr 18, 01:33:17
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 18, 01:03:25

You mean administrator of computer right? I am on a mac and the only user/administrator on this computer. I dont see how that could have anything to do with the state of things anyway. My own status is still waiting for loe server connection after choosing server. Ive relaunched the game but to no additional avail. I have no explicit 404 message. Have the downloads been updated since they were first available yesterday?

What they mean is right click the application and one of the options says "Run as Administrator". I don't actually know if it has anything to do with the accounts on your computer, but see if that works. As far as I can tell I won't be able to get the game working for me anytime soon

Pipkin

2014 Apr 18, 01:43:46 #133 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 18, 02:08:53 by Pipkin
I don't think Macs have the "run as administrator" option.....

Sorry but I don't know alot about the Mac OS.....honestly I wish I wasn't the only one on here answering questions because of that fact....

Everyone, there is now an actual Bug Report section-Please start posting bug reports and issues there, Thanks

Pipkin

The links are on the first post of this thread

Nova Beats

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 18, 01:23:28
I'm not sure what to tell you then....it's weird for you to get a 404 error with a client everyone else is using....

Do you know if other admins will be able to help or when they will be on? I really want to play this game but I have limited time to this weekend

Electuroo

The 64x one can not load up Sugarcube corner. It keeps crashing

Pipkin

This is a known bug with the 64bit version.  Please download the 32bit client.  Thanks

Gladanos

2014 Apr 18, 04:07:28 #139 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 18, 04:12:18 by Gladanos
Hio,
so i probably tried to download the 64 + 86 bit versions of your game multiple times.

When unpacking it always says the file is either damaged or has an unknown format.
Any suggestions?

I didn't have any problems with downloads the last time you had a free week....

Go Up