Report feature for the chat box?

Started by Teal Turken, 2013 Oct 20, 11:54:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

I think it'd help if we had a report button beside peoples' posts in the chatbox.

GoldenTerrabyte

Did you see bad posts? Or is this just in case there are later? Either way, this should be included.
I'm back

Randam Saiko

There was a user who posted a link to a rather inappropriate song where the title itself contained profanity.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

Some people have no respect for those who prefer to not get near profanity and vulgarity.
I'm back

Teal Turken

Yes I have seen quite a few people put vulgar and inappropriate content in the chat box.

Jenzy

I'm sure they would've seen by now that "Forum Rules Apply" in the chatbox.

But that doesn't sound like a bad idea if it gets out of hand...

Liska

Hmm... right now we don't have a report feature for the chatbox - it's a little bit harder to report for a chatbox since messages are regularly cleaned out on a daily basis to conserve space on the servers, so posts aren't permanent.

Ideally, moderators would be able to check the chatbox at differing timezones, but this isn't always the case since our moderators have responsibilities out of our forums.

If you see something happening and there isn't a moderator online to deal with it, please try PMing me or the moderators with screenshot evidence if possible.

Pipkin

Perhaps as a temporary fix you can make a stickied locked topic asking people to report said topic if there is an issue in the chatbox requiring a moderator.  I assume reported topics prompt an email/PM alert to all moderators?(Assuming you can even report locked topics?)

Sorry, this is me trying to think after 21 hours without sleep  X3

Tekner

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Oct 22, 03:05:13
Perhaps as a temporary fix you can make a stickied locked topic asking people to report said topic if there is an issue in the chatbox requiring a moderator.  I assume reported topics prompt an email/PM alert to all moderators?(Assuming you can even report locked topics?)

Get some sleep and rethink what you just said. You can thank me later ;)

Pipkin

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Oct 22, 04:06:16

Get some sleep and rethink what you just said. You can thank me later ;)

....would that not work?

McSleuthburger

Tekner I think he means that there is a topic for the chatbox that the users would click "report to a moderator" on that topic and that will send an email to the mods, if they see it is from that topic they would know it is for the chatbox (they wouldnt reply to the topic so it would stay locked)

though I dont know how well of a system that would be because our main problem is that a moderator is not always available so even if we did get an email we may not have a chance to edit things before it is too late

Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Tekner

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Oct 22, 12:08:31
....would that not work?
It would, but let's put it in terms of Batman: It's the solution we deserve, but not the one we need. Also, I apologize if my "You can thank me later." comment was distasteful. I meant it as a joke, but I'm not sure if it was received that way.

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Oct 22, 15:41:34
though I dont know how well of a system that would be because our main problem is that a moderator is not always available so even if we did get an email we may not have a chance to edit things before it is too late
Right. It's going a bit too far. Sometimes the chat moves quickly as well, and by the time a moderator responds even if they're constantly checking their email that it's not worth it to take action anymore. The best solution is what Anya said: Take a screenshot and PM a moderator. PMing a moderator should also send them an email and you can provide a link to the screenshot and some details, whereas the text box for reporting a topic has limited text space.

Puynsi

I dont want to be rude or disrespectful (even if it sounds like it) but I find really... "Annoying" seeing at least 20-30 users online which half of them are not only new but dangerous, since some of them are underage and others people who doesnt care about rules and post things like.

"Did you read Cupcakes?"
"Hey look at this link! [Insert any link regarding Cupcakes/RainbowFactory/SMILE/etc]

Not to mention that Mods should have like... a time table or something... I mean... sometimes are 8 users connected which 3 or 4 are mods and where there are like 20-30 users theres none...

Again... I dont mean any kind of disrespect... but at least a mute button please...

McSleuthburger

I mean right now you are only seeing those numbers because of the stress test coming up
once the test is over you will see the amount of people decease by alot and since (on average) we dont have that many people on at once we usually dont need too many mods
and remember if there is a problem just screenshot and pm a mod and it will get taken care of

also im hoping while the stress test is going on that the chat will be disabled so we dont have to worry about that and concentrate on the game more
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Gharial

o.O I actually wonder who posted links to stuff regarding those creepypastas I know I didn't. Or the profane song thing. I never even noticed.  Sorry.
A note for Transformers fans and Bronies. Never get Unicron and Unicorns confused.

Go Up