Is everyone scared of me?

Started by Teal Turken, 2013 Jun 08, 21:23:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

I'm under the impression that my words have more merit than I think they do. At times I feel like what I'm posting in response to someone is them just being friendly to me and for me to just punch them in the face and kick them to the ground.

I had one person (whom I won't name) actually say to me that they think I'm pretty scary and I couldn't help but wonder why that would be.

In what I would call an incident I very recently spoke my mind on flawed logic during a roleplay scene in OOC and at that moment all RP involving the scene came to a sudden halt. While everyone said they weren't scared of me I don't feel like that's the truth of it.

Just a short while ago I learned I had gained a popularity on LoE, some fame for my performance and polite attitude in the RP section. I don't actually know how revered I really am, whether I'm just that one guy in the party everyone likes or if I'm at the top where my appearance is like having a celebrity in the room.

I think it's this fame that makes people scared of me. People always tend to feel more nervous about making mistakes around a person that everyone likes and that has great influence over others. When I see a mistake and point it out to people it's like their worst fear suddenly coming into reality. They can't believe they made such an obvious or stupid mistake so they cower and run off so they can hide somewhere away from the popular person.

Honestly if this is what fame is like then I don't want to be famous or popular. I'd rather be that wimpy kid in the back of the classroom that no one cares about than the one who's words hold more power then they're supposed to.

So come on, tell me what you really think of me. I want to know, because I'm more scared of myself to the extent of which I've thought of actually leaving LoE thinking everyone would be better off without me.

GoldenTerrabyte

I think you're honest. You correct people, but that's not bad. People are just annoyed, but I'm not.
I'm back

PPBG

Though easily intimidated, I don't find you scary. I find you quite nice, but I also don't talk with you that often, so my opinion shouldn't hold much weight. (Not that I'd think you were different from that, but still.)

To me, you're likable and caring. I don't have much else to say. Judging people over the internet is like looking out a window and telling what weather it is with your eyes closed.

I can't really talk about popular politics since I'm neither popular nor involved with it. I generally try to act on my own without trying to conform to some unwritten social law that I seemed to miss the memo about.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

HerpyDooves

I know what you're going through, Teal. It's that thing where if you're popular, everyone's intimidated by you. Don't worry, I don't feel this way about you. I don't really know you too well, but surely you're very nice. ;)

Curlycue

I DONNO- LETS BE FRIENDS.  :D

Teal Turken

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Jun 08, 22:14:49
I know what you're going through, Teal. It's that thing where if you're popular, everyone's intimidated by you. Don't worry, I don't feel this way about you. I don't really know you too well, but surely you're very nice. ;)

I just hope to hear responses from people who know me much better.

Curlycue

Hmmm, pretty blue pony, named after turky, Nope, Im not afraid, friend! (Honestly, I hang with ponys on tumblr)

Teal Turken

Quote from: Curlycue on 2013 Jun 08, 22:24:52
Hmmm, pretty blue pony, named after turky, Nope, Im not afraid, friend! (Honestly, I hang with ponys on tumblr)

A turken is an actually creature, a mix between a chicken and a turkey.
Spoiler: Take a look • show

Teal's name is actually just Teal, Turken is part of my username. x3

Dark Hooves

I was never scared of you buddy, I always treated you the way you deserved to be treated
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Teal Turken

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2013 Jun 08, 23:08:44
I was never scared of you buddy, I always treated you the way you deserved to be treated

You have been very good to me.
Thank you. :')

The Silent Wolf

Nope! I'm not scared of Papa Teal! Your really awesome, maybe their scared of your awesome if anyone is.  ^-^
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Flamestriker

I'm not scared of anypony here. To me, you're a friend!
[move][/move]

Tiger

I never really got to know ya much, but I'd find a tiny little bunny with glowing red eyes scarier than you  ^-^

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Teal Turken

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jun 09, 00:22:15
I never really got to know ya much, but I'd find a tiny little bunny with glowing red eyes scarier than you  ^-^

Those things are creepy!
Thanks! (not sarcastic about it)

Jenzy

I actually haven't gotten to talk to you that much in the past.

But now because we have, and able to understand a lot better, my perception from the beginning has changed and stayed status quo.

What changed? The intimidation. Honestly, I think it's because of what I see in the attitude when you post certain things. Or sometimes in the RP, I fear I'm just not doing a fine enough job. How, something can get "boring" pretty quick.
Spoiler: Hmmm... • show
There was that moment where you asked 'Do you really need me here?' in a certain RP. Maybe that's where it started. I thought you were bothered about it, and it took some time trying to figure out what to say. I felt kinda bad about it when I saw that message.

Or when an RP gets nowhere. And you simply go "I'm getting tired of this :l"

Usually, I try not to anger others or bore them. It seems like I did here... >.<

And, I rather feel apologetic about it. I have no idea what thoughts get to me. I know and don't know, and it is very confusing. o_o

From the looks of it, it might just be me. :c Sorry... It's probably annoying...

What has stayed status quo is my view about you. I've always thought you were a wonderful amigo.

You're really fun to talk to and RP with and such (even though that's still quite a Rarity between us).

I have made you quite some arts without you even requesting. Such as Zappy. I really only do that to friends I enjoy talking with. Usually when something fun in an RP
You usually bring the light in RPs. It's not gonna be the same without you if you leave.

Aside from those, I still look at you as one of the best friends I have met here on the Forums. I like to treat you like how I treat everypony else here with the deserved kindness. 0:)

You're wonderful, brilliant, and absolutely fantastic Teal. Don't feel bad.

hyper drive [HD]

2013 Jun 09, 01:34:41 #15 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 09, 01:38:20 by hyper drive [HD]
thats how ive been feeling with some of my topics,  and post. :s
but im here for you. you have been my favorite pony to rp with because you keep it going, but since ive been off for awhile ive lost connection with you and loe. and i just got on and many things have changed so im still caught in the past X3

btw what are rewards and how do you get them considering you have one? X3

FlameandIce

again I am not scared of you I just don't want to lose you as a friend (if you even want to call me that)
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

Teal Turken

Thank you Jenzy, that really means a lot. But just know that if I find something boring, I'm not going to sit there and be bored. One of us should NOT be bored when we roleplay. I won't hesitate to say "Okay, this is boring to me."

Of course I call you a friend Flame, why wouldn't I? You've been here at least as long as I have, probably longer. I've never had any major issues with you ever and you're fun to play with. ^-^

I don't ever remember meeting anyone named Hyper Drive. o.O
Maybe I can recall a some posts in general topics but I don't remember any RP sessions with you.

Ryo_D_Disk

2013 Jun 10, 10:48:45 #18 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 10, 11:11:34 by Ryo_D_Disk
Teal if your scary that must make me a monster  ovO

But no in all seriousness I have no issues with you and infact yes I would agree that you are one of the nicer people I have talked to So I wouldnt let some minor comments consern you

As for Forum fame and popularty well I cant say much on it but honestly I dont think some over others in terms of popularity

(customer came in the store so I couldnt finish the thought)

GoldenTerrabyte

I love RPing with you, and I wish I could more often.
I'm back

Go Up