"Leave of Absence" thread is unnoticable!

Started by Teal Turken, 2012 Dec 23, 22:19:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

The "Leave of Absence" thread created by the moderators needs to be easier to notice! Many of my friends on this forum haven't seen the post I made announcing my reason for absence for tomorrow because it's "hidden" in the Introductions board. It doesn't stand out and therefore we'll get people wondering where other people are and then having them complain about people who missed their post OR people not even knowing the thread exists! Please make the Leave of Absence more noticable!

McSleuthburger

its up there because it is stickied, when there is a new post there should be a star next to it
we have it up there because we want to make sure everyone reads it and that thread does not get lost in the depths of the forums

really I feel there is not really a need to make a big deal of not being on for one day
also the thread is not really hidden all you have to do is click one time (introductions) and you can get to the thread
but I guess that is me, ill let others throw out their opinions about it
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Teal Turken

My biggest complaint about it is that it's in the Introductions board.
Who's going to think a thread like that would be in the Introductions board let alone exist at all if they've never seen it before?

The star part I'm aware of, but you won't notice it if you don't even know about the thread.

McSleuthburger

well really I think we put it there because we didnt want a bunch of seprate "hey im leaving for a little bit" threads everywhere
and there is no real need to make a whole other section for that right now
so we decided to put it there so people could have their hi's and bye's in one section

and honestly people should read all the rules and stickied topics in a section before posting (though I know not many people do that)
so people should know about where everything is and what to check on

or if you are concerned about certain people missing you just send them a quick pm with the details of your leave
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Teal Turken

I guess this was never removed because I never said "Thank you Mcsleuthburger?"

Well...um....thanks. You can...close the thread now.
I'll just lock it I guess. -.-

Go Up